Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU

https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...l-lawsuit-cell

Really a terrible situation. My prayers go out to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
      https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...l-lawsuit-cell

Really a terrible situation. My prayers go out to everyone.
      That story was from 2013. It has nothing to do with the current situation.

Comment

That roster (as it is yearly) is largely made up of players on their 3rd or 4th school. There are certainly reasons kids transfer 3 to 4 times but you certainly play with fire taking that many at the same time.

Comment

My observation over the years is when you rely on non-traditional recruits like multi school transfers or international students you better be darn sure things are done by the book. That's what took down Gary Edwards. Plus the nowhere community colleges that are basically athlete transfer facilitators have little regard for NCAA regulations.

I don't know what he did but more often than not coaches that rely on the non-traditional recruits eventually get burned by the practice.

Comment

This cannot be a sign of good things

Comment

Missing a whole week of camp practice will take a long time to recover ... especially with a brand new roster. Likely a couple quit, too, if I had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Missing a whole week of camp practice will take a long time to recover ... especially with a brand new roster. Likely a couple quit, too, if I had to guess.
                Depends on what the administrative violation was. Also it's not like they brought in a new coach to act as the interim HC. Grady has been with SRU for 10 years and as Reynolds top assistant, was probably heavily involved in the scouting, recruiting, signing and coaching of the players on the 18-19 SRU roster. Also playing against players quitting on mass is where are they going to go less than one week before the beginning of the season?

Provided it is a short leave, I don't see this being huge. Again Grady is Reynolds top assistant and was obviously intimently involved in the day to day practice through camp. I would hope he was also crystal clear about what Reynolds wanted to do with each player in game situations. Obviously the "in game" calls could be different but unless Grady absolutely sucks, I don't see a relatively short suspension being that big a deal from a W/L stand point (maybe 1 game??)...Now if it extends for a month or more, it could have a big impact.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 11-04-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

There's a lot to this story that isn't on this message board. Stay tuned.

Comment

There's a lot to this story that isn't on this message board. Stay tuned.
                    Can you put in on this message board?

Comment

Comment

That story was from 2013. It has nothing to do with the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                          Can you put in on this message board?
                          No but it won't take long to come out.

Comment

Two games in and KR isn't on the bench.

Just checked the SRU coach page. Grady is listed as the "Acting Head Coach"
                            Reynolds' name is listed at the bottom as "Head Coach". No e-mail is listed for KR.

https://rockathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                              Two games in and KR isn't on the bench.

Just checked the SRU coach page. Grady is listed as the "Acting Head Coach"
                              Reynolds' name is listed at the bottom as "Head Coach". No e-mail is listed for KR.

https://rockathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball
                              He's on official leave. He's not coming back anytime soon (if ever).

Comment

SRU student newspaper says his office is in the process of being cleaned out, citing sources close to the team.

https://www.theonlinerocket.com/spor...t-in-new-team/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X