Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU

Kevin Reynolds is gone, period. The school settled out the rest of his contract somewhere around $300,000 just to make all parties happy.

Comment

Take a 30-second timeout here. This story isn't over -- and the SRU newspaper story isn't accurate.

Comment

Was checking to see the stats on former Augustana Viking John Warren just out of curiosity and saw that he hasn't played in the last two games for SRU. Anyone know if that's due to injury or some other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Was checking to see the stats on former Augustana Viking John Warren just out of curiosity and saw that he hasn't played in the last two games for SRU. Anyone know if that's due to injury or some other reason?
          I've been trying to find out. Nobody seems to know. He didn't play much in their opener (22 minutes) and when he did play was lousy.

Not sure if he's hurt or even still there.

Comment

The Rock is a dissapointing 1-3 after yesterday's shocking home loss to District of Columbia.

That 1-3 is a couple points from 4-0 but regardless ... the damage is being done.

If they can hold it together I think they right the ship. A tough trip to Daemen is up next.

Comment

Not one technical foul yet for SRU ...

Times have changed.

Not sure the IUP vs Rock games will be the same without KR. Like him or hate him ... nobody could get the KCAC crowd more fired up than KR's sideline antics.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Not one technical foul yet for SRU ...

Times have changed.

Not sure the IUP vs Rock games will be the same without KR. Like him or hate him ... nobody could get the KCAC crowd more fired up than KR's sideline antics.
                Reminds me of the Gary Edwards days when he would visit McComb Fieldhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Reminds me of the Gary Edwards days when he would visit McComb Fieldhouse.

LOL .. yeah, Gary Edwards was a master of it.

The game I'll never forget with KR in Indiana was during the 2013-14 season. IUP won, 66-64, but that was the chance SRU had to break the endless streak of losses in Indiana (which continues to this day). It dates back to 1991 or something.

There was well over 3,000 at the KCAC that night. Big Saturday night game ... rare, fired up group. The crowd got on KR so hard that he finally blew up late in the second half and got a gigantic technical foul (he had it coming). Changed the whole game. No technical and SRU probably would have won that game. They played a tremendous defensive game.

That was probably the most exciting game and best atmosphere I've seen at the KCAC. Reynolds always put on a show. Got to give him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    LOL .. yeah, Gary Edwards was a master of it.

The game I'll never forget with KR in Indiana was during the 2013-14 season. IUP won, 66-64, but that was the chance SRU had to break the endless streak of losses in Indiana (which continues to this day). It dates back to 1991 or something.

There was well over 3,000 at the KCAC that night. Big Saturday night game ... rare, fired up group. The crowd got on KR so hard that he finally blew up late in the second half and got a gigantic technical foul (he had it coming). Changed the whole game. No technical and SRU probably would have won that game. They played a tremendous defensive game.

That was probably the most exciting game and best atmosphere I've seen at the KCAC. Reynolds always put on a show. Got to give him that much.
                    It's tough to take someone seriously when they scream at the refs then retreat to sitting on a wooden stool during a timeout.

Comment

Like him or not he put good and some years very good teams on the court.

SRU could care less about basketball. KR obviously was a master at getting very creative in recruiting. He had less than half of Joe's money for scholarships. Some years less than a third.

He took lots of chances on guys IUP would have never even considered.

Yet, go back over his tenure and he gave IUP fits many, many times. Didn't win many in the series but blowouts were rare.

The KR factor certainly juiced up the IUP vs Rock rivalry. In my era under Gary Edwards SRU was a throw away game. Always blowouts and nobody even cared about the series.

With the budget the coach will be given ... SRU will take a major dive in the coming years. The new president there is going to want a good samaritan type.

Comment

I missed this editorial from the Rocket: https://www.theonlinerocket.com/opin...hank-you-next/

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                          I missed this editorial from the Rocket: https://www.theonlinerocket.com/opin...hank-you-next/
                          So ... while attacking KR the newspaper failed to go deeper. None of this was some secret there on campus. Why was it tolerated for a decade?

Comment

Funny the AD isn't under any heat for keeping him employed so long.

Surely nobody beleives KR somehow kept his player GPAs, recruiting methods, player backgrounds and graduation rates hidden in a vault in Morrow? For 10 full seasons, by the way. Minor detail.

Does KR also work in the SRU admissions office? Who let all those guys in to school? Somebody did.

Anybody know that SRU got a court injunction to get a player allowed on the IUP campus for a game a couple years ago? Wonder if the paper knew about that little item. Wonder how that guy, banned from a PASSHE campus for a very serious item, got admitted at SRU?

Remember when I told you guys this was going deep? It's going deep. KR isn't taking all this alone.

What is the editorial trying to say bringing up the player death from 7 years ago? Was KR ever officially blamed? If he wasn't (we know the answer) that's basically slander.

If they 'fire' him he should sue the crap out of SRU.

That program was a culture. To say all the sudden ... all this stuff -- that has gone on for 10 full years -- all the sudden is a major issue? Unless the whole athletic department is deaf and blind ... they knew about it. Did the program and coach not get any performance reviews in a decade?

This is a witch hunt of sorts. KR's hands may not be clean ... but he's far from the only one up there. He's an employee of the university. Not the employer. Did it really take a player walk-out for anybody to notice ... or just to now officially notice?

Two sides to every story. The paper is siding with the players and sources (which are worthless for credibility). It doesn't have KR's side. Nor SRU's. Rush to judgement, perhaps?

All new players, by the way (except one). In one week of camp a whole roster of new players decided to stage a full blown mutiny?

A whole new roster of players, who, by the way, were recruited and signed by KR, within 5 practices decided to storm the president's office?

Sounds a little ... odd.

KR didn't do all this stuff by himself. Just sayin'

Ian Grady, interim coach, is a good guy. But, he's also been the top assistant to the coach being run out of town for 7-8 years.

This is messy.

I'm not siding with Reynolds, but this whole thing stinks.
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-19-2018, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I heard there was essentially a mutiny after last season then this year's crop of mercenaries walked out on KR and refused to play for him. There's a new president so he could be the new variable in this mess.

Didn't something similar happen several years ago with IUP women's basketball?

Comment

I've heard SRU didn't practice the final two weeks of last year -- they only showed up for games.

That team, minus Till, is all gone. Five of them were seniors. So, only six players didn't return this year.

The Jeff Dow situation at IUP was way different. That was loaded with Indiana politics, Indiana High School parents, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X