Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Interesting item in the boxscore ... four Pitt players played 33+ minutes (including 17-year-old Jeffress getting 33 minutes).

'Champagne' was a monster ... 20 pts and 20 rebounds.
    Meet your new two-guard----William Jeffress! He is going to be a great player. IUPalum must be stoked.

I think the freshmen are going to be all really good players once they get their bearings about them. Jeffess is already very good at 17. Odukale with some nice minutes and the steal of the game. Hugley with that nice three-point play. Collier provided some nice minutes as well.

Nike Sibande may still be coming on board yet. Hard to say how that plays out.

Slam Penny is just a tough, tough ball player! Brooklyn tough!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I think that one rim had something really wrong with it. Thank God Pitt had the good one in the second half. LOL
      I've talked for years on here about the horseshoe end of the KCAC. I'd love to see actual stats. IUP shoots at the shoe in the first half of every game.

All honesty I bet they shoot, over a 5 year sample, 28% at that end. Then the jumbotron end they shoot around 55%.

The visiting team always shoots well in the first half and then awful in to the shoe.

It cannot be a coincidence. It's game after game after game.

Comment

• Pitt game for tomorrow against Gardner-Webb has been moved from 2 PM to 4 PM. Tune in to watch the X-man, Toney, Slam Penny and young William Jeffress play some ball.

Comment

Pitt game for tomorrow against Gardner-Webb has been moved from 2 PM to 4 PM. Tune in to watch the X-man, Toney, Slam Penny and young William Jeffress play some ball.
          I really think that second half versus Northwestern will be the moment that peoole look back to as kind of the birth of Capel's first real team.

That was 20 minutes of big boy basketball.

This year, my prediction, will be full of ups and downs. As good as the second half was ... the first half was equally horrendous. Two completely different teams. Capel must have busted heads at the half.

Next season could be pretty special ... likely a Top 15 type team.

This team could be pretty good by FEB.

In crunch time the other night he had his two 4-star true freshmen on the floor.

Unlike earlier this year, he's also went all Joe Lombardi and cut that rotation way down. He had four guys play 34+ minutes.

As painful as that Saint Francis loss was ... it did accomplish seeing who he could play ... and who needs to ride pine.

Comment

I really think that second half versus Northwestern will be the moment that peoole look back to as kind of the birth of Capel's first real team.

That was 20 minutes of big boy basketball.

This year, my prediction, will be full of ups and downs. As good as the second half was ... the first half was equally horrendous. Two completely different teams. Capel must have busted heads at the half.

Next season could be pretty special ... likely a Top 15 type team.

This team could be pretty good by FEB.

In crunch time the other night he had his two 4-star true freshmen on the floor.

Unlike earlier this year, he's also went all Joe Lombardi and cut that rotation way down. He had four guys play 34+ minutes.

As painful as that Saint Francis loss was ... it did accomplish seeing who he could play ... and who needs to ride pine.
            Actually, I think there were three true frosh in late in the game. Jeffress, Hugley, and Odukale---who of course made that huge steal and the assist to Slam Penny. They are going to be real good players. Collier as well.

I think they are a legit tourney team next year. If this team could only master the art of shooting they just might be dangerous.

I'm not really sure what to expect record wise this season.

Yeah, that St. Francis loss was unreal. I don't think Capel really had any rhyme or reason to his rotation in that one. But first game with all the new players they have could not have been easy.

Comment

• Coach Cal just called a 30-second and looked like he was going to kill somebody.

Notre Dame laying it on early.

What an example of an older, experienced team just hammering his freshmen.

Comment

• Kentucky down 48-26 at halftime in Rupp.

Comment

• UK was down 24 early in 2nd half.

Down just 1 now with a minute to play.

Comment

• Pitt up 14-0 with 8 mins left first half.

This is a basketball score, BTW.

Comment

UK was down 24 early in 2nd half.

Down just 1 now with a minute to play.
                      Amazing when the young bucks actually play defense. It was a total different game in the second half.

Comment

Pitt up 14-0 with 8 mins left first half.

Horrendous!!! I just don't understand Capel's rotation.

Comment

Pitt up 14-0 with 8 mins left first half.

I was cheering for the shutout at that point. That would make history. Pitt now 4-1 heading into the vortex of ACC play.

24 points and 21 boards for Slam Penny. Back to back games with a 20-20.

Looks like an NCAA waiver could happen by Wednesday for all transfers. Nike Sibande would be able to play.

Next game is Wednesday at Miami. 6 PM tip. ACC Network.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Capel seemed rather peeved by Xavier's early foul after his foul trouble at Northwestern and inserted Odukale. Odukale got some heavy minutes and did show some ability. Nice to have someone able to spell X this year. Save some of the wear and tear.

I think the rotations were much better than the first game. But he needs to see exactly what he has with these guys. Just having some depth could go a long ways this year in conference play.

Comment

Capel seemed rather peeved by Xavier's early foul after his foul trouble at Northwestern and inserted Odukale. Odukale got some heavy minutes and did show some ability. Nice to have someone able to spell X this year. Save some of the wear and tear.

I think the rotations were much better than the first game. But he needs to see exactly what he has with these guys. Just having some depth could go a long ways this year in conference play.
                              X had two fouls yesterday during the National Anthem.

What bailed them out was that visiting team couldn't buy a freaking bucket for 12 minutes. It wasn't some stellar Pitt D, either.

Mr. Champagne is a monster. Sounds like each team will get a big boost on Wednesday in regard to getting an import eligible. Miami has a stud in waiting. Nike should really help Pitt's guard rotation and spread the floor. He's a legit shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You need to be focusing on your NBA Draft in 72 hours.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X