Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

As I said before, Jeffress wasn't ready and he's no longer in the rotation. He's got to get stronger and get his skills more defined. He's still young don't forget!
    Nice thing for him is he'll still be a freshman next year. This was basically a development year for him.

Comment

• Michigan shutting down all athletics for 14 days.

Shame. Wolverines have the best men's team in the country.

Comment

As I said before, Jeffress wasn't ready and he's no longer in the rotation. He's got to get stronger and get his skills more defined. He's still young don't forget!
        Absolutely. Young William is only 17 and half years old. But he is perhaps ahead of the curve with things as he does this Covid-ravaged year at Pitt. To the best of my knowledge what would have been his senior year of high school has been largely shut down. Maybe they are up and running now, I have no idea on that. But he has gotten to play ball at Pitt and has gained some very valuable experience and has gotten to work in their strength program. Plus, academically he is getting a year of school in. He undoubtedly will be in grad school or med school at Pitt by the time he gets to his last year of eligibility or two. And the cherry on the top is that this year won't really count against his four years. I think he made a terrific decision to enroll at Pitt early.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

With those charges it isn't up to Capel. Lol. It's up to the courts. Sounds like a stupid night gone a little crazy ... which does happen to many that age. Hopefully he has good representation.
          Probably a Pitt Judge who is a friend of the program would not hurt at this point in time either. LOL.

#FreeBigJohn

Comment

• Pitt didn't seem to have any answer for the Tar Heels down in the paint the other night as the Tar Heel inside game was the big difference in the contest. Hugley may have helped some there. And if only Pitt could have landed one of those centers that they were in on in the past few years= Cockburn (Illinois), Wahab (Georgetown) and Dickinson (Michigan). It would be a big help.

The worst news is that Pitt is right back to where they were at the past few seasons under Capel with the Hugley suspension and two other highly touted frosh William Jeffress and Noah Collier apparently in the proverbial doghouse. Speculation running that it is fallout from the Hugley affair. Neither player has seen the floor in the past several games since the story broke. There goes the nice depth the program needed and not to mention losing out on the development of a couple of young players. Not a good thing at all.

Notre Dame is next up on Saturday evening at the Pete for an 8 PM tip. Game can be seen on ACC Network. The Fighting Irish come into the contest at 5-9 overall and 2-6 in conference play. This has to be classified as a must win for the Panthers if they hold any sort of postseason tourney aspirations.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              Pitt didn't seem to have any answer for the Tar Heels down in the paint the other night as the Tar Heel inside game was the big difference in the contest. Hugley may have helped some there. And if only Pitt could have landed one of those centers that they were in on in the past few years= Cockburn (Illinois), Wahab (Georgetown) and Dickinson (Michigan). It would be a big help.

The worst news is that Pitt is right back to where they were at the past few seasons under Capel with the Hugley suspension and two other highly touted frosh William Jeffress and Noah Collier apparently in the proverbial doghouse. Speculation running that it is fallout from the Hugley affair. Neither player has seen the floor in the past several games since the story broke. There goes the nice depth the program needed and not to mention losing out on the development of a couple of young players. Not a good thing at all.

Notre Dame is next up on Saturday evening at the Pete for an 8 PM tip. Game can be seen on ACC Network. The Fighting Irish come into the contest at 5-9 overall and 2-6 in conference play. This has to be classified as a must win for the Panthers if they hold any sort of postseason tourney aspirations.
              The timing of those two going in the doghouse and the Hughley debacle ... quite a coincidence for sure.

Comment

The timing of those two going in the doghouse and the Hughley debacle ... quite a coincidence for sure.
                It's sort of like the final scene in the cult classic movie The Blues Brothers when we see the entire band playing in the clink with Jake and Elwood. Somebody asked why the band was in jail along with them? That is called guilty by association! It's tough!

Comment

• I was reading this week in Sports Illustrated about the state of college sports and all the money that it brings in and how little the athletes gain from it. One passage caught my eye. Former UConn player Shabazz Napier who helped lead his team to the 2014 national title recalled how many times he would go to sleep very hungry because he could not afford to eat. That is just plain wrong there! These athletes make these schools tens of millions of dollars and a guy is going to bed hungry? How can that be?

One would think that at the very least these athletes would have golden meal plans. But maybe they miss out on that due to the time they have to put in. Very sad to read that.

Comment

• Hall of Fame Temple coach John Chaney has passed away (89).

Comment

I was reading this week in Sports Illustrated about the state of college sports and all the money that it brings in and how little the athletes gain from it. One passage caught my eye. Former UConn player Shabazz Napier who helped lead his team to the 2014 national title recalled how many times he would go to sleep very hungry because he could not afford to eat. That is just plain wrong there! These athletes make these schools tens of millions of dollars and a guy is going to bed hungry? How can that be?

One would think that at the very least these athletes would have golden meal plans. But maybe they miss out on that due to the time they have to put in. Very sad to read that.
                      SI is still a thing?

Comment

SI is still a thing?
                        I don't know. It was actually my first issue that I got. I got a two-year subscription as a holiday gift. I have been a subscriber at different times of my life. The first was way back in early 1980 when I was in grade school. I still have some of those----Steelers Rams in SB XIV and the US Olympic Hockey Team comes to mind. I think I last subscribed about four or five years ago.

They're okay. Swimsuit issue works for me as well. LOL.

Comment

Hall of Fame Temple coach John Chaney has passed away (89).
                          Damn fine hoops coach. He won a national title at Cheyney in 1978. Some of his Temple teams were quite good. I believe he made a number of Elite Eights IIRC.

He also told Calapari that he was going to kill him. Who hasn't been there before? LOL.

Comment

I don't know. It was actually my first issue that I got. I got a two-year subscription as a holiday gift. I have been a subscriber at different times of my life. The first was way back in early 1980 when I was in grade school. I still have some of those----Steelers Rams in SB XIV and the US Olympic Hockey Team comes to mind. I think I last subscribed about four or five years ago.

They're okay. Swimsuit issue works for me as well. LOL.
                            It's still a good magazine. The web has just killed the magazine world. I've collected S.I. since the 80s and have about 40 or 50 framed in my game room. They make nice bar decor.

I have the Tony Dorsett and Hugh Green covers signed. Nice pieces. Imagine Pitt making the cover today.

I can remember when new issue day would be a big day. I hated that Rick Reilly left. His last page column was my favorite.

Comment

It's still a good magazine. The web has just killed the magazine world. I've collected S.I. since the 80s and have about 40 or 50 framed in my game room. They make nice bar decor.

I have the Tony Dorsett and Hugh Green covers signed. Nice pieces. Imagine Pitt making the cover today.

I can remember when new issue day would be a big day. I hated that Rick Reilly left. His last page column was my favorite.
                              I think those covers really stick out in my mind. Some of them are truly unforgetable. I still recall quite a few of them from 1980. Yeah, you're right----always a big day when they showed up. I still recall playing in the snow back in January 1980 when the SB XIV issue came with John Stallworth catching the winning TD over the Rams Rod Perry. That was a pretty big deal. Same with the USA Hockey team a month or so later when they struck gold.

Comment

• H 2 WTF

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X