Edinboro 5-0 9-2 W9
    IUP 5-0 7-2 W7
    Seton Hill 4-1 8-3 W4
    Clarion 4-1 7-4 W5
    SRU 3-2 6-5 W3
    Gannon 3-2 3-8 L1
    UPJ 2-3 6-5 L3

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

1st big game for PSAC WBB on Friday at EDINBORO as STAN SWANK'S 9-2 team takes on the undefeated, 2 time PSAC champion VULCANS at 5:30 in McComb Fieldhouse. Apparently only LIVE STATS and radio will be available which is a shame for such a good matchup.
    Next week on Tue 1/3 EDINBORO vs SHU in Greensburg and on Fri 1/6 MERCYHURST at CLARION.

Comment

The PSAC west WBB is going to be insane. There is at least one huge game every night. Teams will start to beat up on each other. And this is despite Gannon being rock-bottom. Imagine if the Lady Knights were strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        The PSAC west WBB is going to be insane. There is at least one huge game every night. Teams will start to beat up on each other. And this is despite Gannon being rock-bottom. Imagine if the Lady Knights were strong.
        With rumors of more lady knights departing at seasons end, rock bottom may not have arrived just yet. Wake me when this nightmare is over

Comment

If LIVE STATS is correct, an oddity in tonights CALU/SRU WBB game is 2 Ts called on both teams. Doesn't seem like a slugfest with 13 fouls on the VULCANS and 21 on the LADY ROCKS. If anyone reading this post knows what transpired, please let us know. Final score CALU-96 SRU-65.

Comment

Rock women had 3 technicals in loss to IUP this past Friday night. Team is out of control.

Comment

WOMEN'S STANDINGS - 1/11/2017

EAST
              PSAC OVERALL STREAK
              Shippensburg 5-4 10-5 W5
              WCU 5-4 5-8 W1
              ESU 4-5 8-5 L2
              Millersville 4-5 6-8 W2
              Lock Haven 3-6 6-7 L1
              Kutztown 2-7 5-12 W1
              Mansfield 1-8 3-10 L1
              Cheyney 1-8 1-8 L2
              Bloomsburg 0-9 1-12 L9

WEST
              PSAC OVERALL STREAK
              Edinboro 9-0 13-2 W13
              IUP 9-0 11-2 W11
              California 8-1 14-1 W3
              Mercyhurst 8-1 13-2 L1
              Seton Hill 6-3 10-5 W2
              Clarion 6-3 9-6 L2
              SRU 4-5 7-8 L3
              Gannon 4-5 4-11 W1
              UPJ 2-7 6-9 L7

Comment

Gannon at Edinboro women tonight is not going to be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                  Gannon at Edinboro women tonight is not going to be pretty.
                  Don't worry when mazzante becomes the next Gannon coach we will be back on top again.

Comment

She's going to be interesting and highly sought after ... I don't see her wanting to make a career in D2. With her name and background ... I'm seeing D2 as her 'feet wet' experience. I wouldn't doubt she moves up the food chain. I'd be shocked if she's back in Indiana next season. Bloomsburg should have had a limo parked outside of the KCAC when its job opened.

On the men's side I can say the same for IUP assistant Trey Woodall. He just seems to have the 'it' factor as a coach. He'll be on a D1 staff soon. He's officially the 'second' assistant under Joe but I've witnessed that to be true in title only. Talk about a high energy guy ... He'd be worth the risk in hiring for a D2 job right now.

Comment

I know a winner when I see one. Hopefully some Gannon faithful pass her name along. A few former Gannon women's coaches are now coaching d1. Gannon would be a great fit.

Comment

You think this is definitely it for Brunelli up there?

As for Mazzante ... she's going to be a phenomenal head coach. You can just see the way the players respond to her. With her pedigree and experience she's going to be a tremendous recruiter and teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As for Mazzante ... she's going to be a phenomenal head coach. You can just see the way the players respond to her. With her pedigree and experience she's going to be a tremendous recruiter and teacher.
                          I thought he was done last year. If they really care about winning a championship he won't be back. First you have to be honest and admit a change is needed. I'm not sure they are at that point yet. she should get a call as soon as ncaa rules allow.

Comment

She's going to be interesting and highly sought after ... I don't see her wanting to make a career in D2. With her name and background ... I'm seeing D2 as her 'feet wet' experience. I wouldn't doubt she moves up the food chain. I'd be shocked if she's back in Indiana next season. Bloomsburg should have had a limo parked outside of the KCAC when its job opened.
                            I believe that she said a few years back that she didn't think that she wanted to coach in the high-pressure demands world of D-I. Maybe she has changed her mind by now. Who knows.

Yup, Bloom was absolutely nuts to not get her! I'm not sure how old she is---but I don't think she's like 24 or 25 or anything. She probably looks it, but I'm sure she's at the age where she would be a great hire to lead a program.

I also agree that Woodall can use his name to propel him high into the coaching ranks as well. Look at Bobby Hurley---started as an assistant at Wagner sharing a small office with three other assistants. Five short years later---he is the head coach of PAC-12 ASU!

Comment

He's as dead a man as Julius Caser is, Gannon job-wise that is. Dead man walking!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X