Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    My beef with the place is and always will be having ushers at every aisle stair yet I have to ask people to move from my seats EVERY GAME. This has been going on since the place opened. It's particularly bad on the benches side.

I think you've said before just making the lower bowl reserved. I'd even been fine making the whole place first come first serve. There's no point having reserved seats when it's a free for all anyway and the KCAC doesn't enforce anything.

I love the look you get from people, too, when you tell them to beat it. I actually enjoy it because I've done it about 80 straight home games.

And, yes, the $48 for a family of four (in the cheap seats) ... just to get in the door ... is amazingly awful. Attendance there is falling with each year. Not a coincidence.
    It is completely NUTS! I really have had my interest fall off quite a bit these past few years to be honest. The KCAC is very poorly managed when it comes to it being a basketball arena. The cost is absolutely absurd. I mean my goodness, we are paying the highest gasoline tax in the nation here in the Commonwealth. We have the Rodney Ruddock county-wide reassessment that was completely mishandled and botched at every turn that put A LOT of folks at a major disadvantage in terms of disposable income dollars. We now have the Dougie Steve bright idea of spending $32 million on a new grade school here in Indiana. I think that it is time to cut local folks a break here!

Yeah, $48 to get in the freakin' door for a family of four. What if they want to get a soda and something to eat. You're probably looking at close to an $80 bill to see a silly DII hoops game. Completely irresponsible of the folks who run the KCAC! We should mobilize an effort to keep folks out of the KCAC and shut the fockers down.

Seating is stupid. The battalion of ushers do very little. The place needs new management very badly. It sucks. I liked the Field House much better. It was about a basketball game and not all this other garbage.

Comment

IUP women played tough ... tied at end of third.

Boro had a bit too much tonight ... very impresseive, tough Boro team. Young, too.

Comment

IUP women played tough ... tied at end of third.

Boro had a bit too much tonight ... very impresseive, tough Boro team. Young, too.
        Certainly no offense intended to anyone---but I've seen this movie way too many times already.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

My comment would be IUP was a little soft compared to Boro. The toughness was the difference. Maybe you had to be there to see it. Tom has a nice team but when it counted most he got punched in the mouth and didn't punch back.

Comment

My comment would be IUP was a little soft compared to Boro. The toughness was the difference. Maybe you had to be there to see it. Tom has a nice team but when it counted most he got punched in the mouth and didn't punch back.
              I should've taken Tom to some of my bar fights back in the day. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                I should've taken Tom to some of my bar fights back in the day. LOL.
                I though they might not have an answer for rosten. She's a big physical center from a major d1 school. Did iup get caught up in a half court game? Best to full court press if you have a deep bench. Only way to take the big girl out of the game imo. A few years back Gannon lost only 4 games all to edinboro. They tried to play a half court game and never made adjustments. Edinboro went to the elite eight that year. Gannon wasn't that physical of a team that year either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                  I though they might not have an answer for rosten. She's a big physical center from a major d1 school. Did iup get caught up in a half court game? Best to full court press if you have a deep bench. Only way to take the big girl out of the game imo. A few years back Gannon lost only 4 games all to edinboro. They tried to play a half court game and never made adjustments. Edinboro went to the elite eight that year. Gannon wasn't that physical of a team that year either.
                  What stands out to me about Gannon-Edinboro from 2014 was how Gannon came so close in the PSAC title game (at Edinboro), but when down by two to tie the game midway through the second half, the Lady Knights missed a pair of foul shots coming out of a media timeout, Boro goes on a 10-2 run and that was all she wrote. IIRC, that was Brunelli's first season at Gannon.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    What stands out to me about Gannon-Edinboro from 2014 was how Gannon came so close in the PSAC title game (at Edinboro), but when down by two to tie the game midway through the second half, the Lady Knights missed a pair of foul shots coming out of a media timeout, Boro goes on a 10-2 run and that was all she wrote. IIRC, that was Brunelli's first season at Gannon.
                    And by the fourth game everyone including the players knew it was over before it started.

Comment

Just to pass along what I find to be an unbelievable fact. If Gannon women lose their remaining 5 home games, which I give a 50/50 chance, they will tie for the worst home record ever men or women. That's over 100 season combined. They reached the elite eight the year before Brunelli and returned all but one rarely used sub for Brunellis first year. The drop is baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                        And by the fourth game everyone including the players knew it was over before it started.
                        Like one former IUP WBB coach said--- Stan Swank will outcoach you if he has the horses at his disposal. He's proven that quite a few times over the years in the PSAC. He projects that down home easy-going nice guy personality (which I'm sure he is) but he is made in the finest mold of the card shark. Guys like that are good at taking you for all you have. LOL.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          Like one former IUP WBB coach said--- Stan Swank will outcoach you if he has the horses at his disposal. He's proven that quite a few times over the years in the PSAC. He projects that down home easy-going nice guy personality (which I'm sure he is) but he is made in the finest mold of the card shark. Guys like that are good at taking you for all you have. LOL.

-
                          did iup play man to man defense?

Comment

Losing to a STAN SWANK coached team is never a disgrace. The man knows what he's doing. JESS STROM has lost only 36 games in her 6 years as HC at CALU, but 8 of those 36 are to BORO. For whatever reason their games are rarely close and home court has little to do with it. Usually just some high level D2 WBB. Looking forward to the 1/28 game at the Convo Center which I've been assured by the folks at CUTV will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              Losing to a STAN SWANK coached team is never a disgrace. The man knows what he's doing. JESS STROM has lost only 36 games in her 6 years as HC at CALU, but 8 of those 36 are to BORO. For whatever reason their games are rarely close and home court has little to do with it. Usually just some high level D2 WBB. Looking forward to the 1/28 game at the Convo Center which I've been assured by the folks at CUTV will be available.
                              And there were a few Cal blowouts at McComb over the previous few seasons. It's weird how it goes from one extreme to the other.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                                And there were a few Cal blowouts at McComb over the previous few seasons. It's weird how it goes from one extreme to the other.
                                Average point differential in SWANK vs STROM is 18.1 in 14 games. No game closer than 8 pts, twice. SWANK leads 8 wins to 6. Quite a rivalry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X