X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    did iup play man to man defense?
    I don't know. I was watching the NFL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      These are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT games for the IUP women. They've been on an incredible run of late and there is a lot to be proud of with it. But over the past bunch of years here they have had good teams then get completely clobbered by the likes of Boro and Cal. These are statement games here! If you want to be considered elite you absolutely need to show that you can win games like these.
      It looks like the statement is that the C'HAWK WBB has a way to go. CALU-79 IUP-52 MEGHAN SMITH had 3 PF in the first and the team turned the ball over 29 times, shot 38.6 and 0-9 from 3. Tough night.'

Comment

They stunk ... outplayed in every facet. Tom got embarrassed tonight. Total mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          Average point differential in SWANK vs STROM is 18.1 in 14 games. No game closer than 8 pts, twice. SWANK leads 8 wins to 6. Quite a rivalry.
          Yup. I remember calling both the 2014-15 and 2015-16 blowouts by the Cal women at McComb on CUTV; in both games, when we rejoined after halftime, I stated on the air, "Folks, this is not a misprint" in referencing Cal's big leads in those games.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            They stunk ... outplayed in every facet. Tom got embarrassed tonight. Total mismatch.
            Actually, it surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
              Actually, it surprised me.
              Somewhat surprised that you were surprised. Aside from the loss to BORO and a tight game versus URSULINE, this team has not been seriously challenged. They haven't always played up to their talent but that seems to have more to do about experimentation with different lineups, than serious deficiencies with the players. Coach Strom seems to be trying to get a read on the likely sucessors to GLENN, DORAN and MARTIN on next years team and on occasion the combos on the floor don't always gell. Only decision so far seems to be ABBEY SPORIO as the heir apparent to MIKI G as the team leader. HAHN, VALLECORSA and SUCKLING look like the top possibilities to fill the other slots. An oddity I noticed the other day is that soph SAMMIE WEISS has not played this year which either means she's been redshirted or has left the team. I tend to think she'll show up on another team. Tomorrow's game versus 'HURST and next Saturday's rematch with BORO should give VULCAN fans a clearer picture of how far this team can go.
              Just found out S WEISS transferred to BETHANY COLLEGE main reason being lack of playing time. Also get's to join her sister on the BISON'S softball team. Good luck to her.
              Last edited by CALUPA69; 01-25-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=CALUPA69;2011179]Somewhat surprised that you were surprised. Aside from the loss to BORO and a tight game versus URSULINE, this team has not been seriously challenged. They haven't always played up to their talent but that seems to have more to do about experimentation with different lineups, than serious deficiencies with the players. Coach Strom seems to be trying to get a read on the likely sucessors to GLENN, DORAN and MARTIN on next years team and on occasion the combos on the floor don't always gell. Only decision so far seems to be ABBEY SPORIO as the heir apparent to MIKI G as the team leader. HAHN, VALLECORSA and SUCKLING look like the top possibilities to fill the other slots. An oddity I noticed the other day is that soph SAMMIE WEISS has not played this year which either means she's been redshirted or has left the team. I tend to think she'll show up on another team. Tomorrow's game versus 'HURST and next Saturday's rematch with BORO should give VULCAN fans a clearer picture of how far this team can go.[/QUOTE

I actually expected iup to be better than what they were.

Comment

Study IUP's record a bit ... the answer lies within the winning streak. Common theme.

Comment

[QUOTE=Feedoggie;2011237]
                    Somewhat surprised that you were surprised. Aside from the loss to BORO and a tight game versus URSULINE, this team has not been seriously challenged. They haven't always played up to their talent but that seems to have more to do about experimentation with different lineups, than serious deficiencies with the players. Coach Strom seems to be trying to get a read on the likely sucessors to GLENN, DORAN and MARTIN on next years team and on occasion the combos on the floor don't always gell. Only decision so far seems to be ABBEY SPORIO as the heir apparent to MIKI G as the team leader. HAHN, VALLECORSA and SUCKLING look like the top possibilities to fill the other slots. An oddity I noticed the other day is that soph SAMMIE WEISS has not played this year which either means she's been redshirted or has left the team. I tend to think she'll show up on another team. Tomorrow's game versus 'HURST and next Saturday's rematch with BORO should give VULCAN fans a clearer picture of how far this team can go.[/QUOTE

I actually expected iup to be better than what they were.
                    Coach strom does a great job by not allowing teams into half court set plays. They trap constantly and score a lot off their defense. Playing a half court game is fools gold. I would double Glenn as soon as she touches the ball 94 feet for forty minutes. the ball handling and decision making by others is a weakness imo.

Comment

See GU the "Queen of the Potty" is in the ****zs

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                        See GU the "Queen of the Potty" is in the ****zs
                        There is a solution

Comment

Somewhat surprised that you were surprised. Aside from the loss to BORO and a tight game versus URSULINE, this team has not been seriously challenged. They haven't always played up to their talent but that seems to have more to do about experimentation with different lineups, than serious deficiencies with the players. Coach Strom seems to be trying to get a read on the likely sucessors to GLENN, DORAN and MARTIN on next years team and on occasion the combos on the floor don't always gell. Only decision so far seems to be ABBEY SPORIO as the heir apparent to MIKI G as the team leader. HAHN, VALLECORSA and SUCKLING look like the top possibilities to fill the other slots. An oddity I noticed the other day is that soph SAMMIE WEISS has not played this year which either means she's been redshirted or has left the team. I tend to think she'll show up on another team. Tomorrow's game versus 'HURST and next Saturday's rematch with BORO should give VULCAN fans a clearer picture of how far this team can go.
                          They really got tested today as they needed a Abbey Sporio old-school three-point play to beat Mercyhurst 68-66 at the AngeloDome this afternoon.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                            they really got tested today as they needed a abbey sporio old-school three-point play to beat mercyhurst 68-66 at the angelodome this afternoon.
                            forged in fire !!!

Comment

forged in fire !!!
                              That in-bounds steal (right under the basket) layup was one for the ages!
                              Especially when we thought all was lost in the moments prior to that. And who deserved it more than Abby Sporio...one sweet girl!

Comment

Does anyone know why jontay Walton from edinboro didn't play at slippery rock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X