Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I didn't realize that CeCe Dixon transferred to SRU this season).
    One of two players not at CAL now. SAMMIE WEISS is still in the team photo, but is now an up and comer at BETHANY. Playing time was the issue in both cases apparently.

Comment

I vote for swank as coach of the year. Anyone that can win a game by 12 and miss 54 shots deserves a metal.

Comment

PSAC WBB seeding just got a lot more interesting with 2 weeks to go after the LADY STEWIES upset BORO @ McComb 83-74 ! With 5 games left CALU can help it's chances with a win in Greensburg on Saturday. The VULCANS are 1.5 games up on IUP and 2 up on BORO with tough games left at SHU and MC before finishing at home vs. IUP. None of those games are a given but if SHATARA PARSONS can get back on the floor after missing last night against GANNON, they should all be winnable.
        IUP only has 4 games remaining, but 3 are @ BORO and CALU with SHU @ KCAC. Tough schedule that could result in 1, 2 or 3 losses.
        BORO has 5 left but only home vs IUP and away at MC look challenging.
        MC has 5 left but 4 are in ERIE including SHU, BORO and CALU. They'll have have a lot to say about the final standings.
        Can't quite sort it all out, but we'll know soon.

Comment

Boro missed 48 shots bringing their 2 game total 102. Sooner or later their shooting woes will end. I went to the game and was surprised by their lack of energy to start the game. Seton hill is a surprising 8-3 on the road. What happened to parsons?

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
            Boro missed 48 shots bringing their 2 game total 102. Sooner or later their shooting woes will end. I went to the game and was surprised by their lack of energy to start the game. Seton hill is a surprising 8-3 on the road. What happened to parsons?
            Not sure what happened to PARSONS, but it doesn't seem too serious as COACH STROM in her weekly show didn't express any particular concern. Probably figured that she could sit out GU and recoup a bit. Turns out that was correct. Will DEFINITELY need her vs SHU on Saturday at 1.

Comment

Shatara Parsons was walking fine after the game. I heard a fan question her about her condition, and she said, "I'm fine!"
              So I think she was just given a "game rest" as you said, "to recoup a bit."

Comment

Can any FIGHTIN' SCOTS WBB fans enlighten me as to how a 16-2 team after a 1/18/17 win at CLARION goes 2-4 in the next 6 I ncluding 2 successive loses at MCCOMB FH ??? After taking CALU to the limit a couple of weeks ago, I felt they were being slighted in the rankings. But if this trend continues, I think it's likely that they won't make the regionals unless they win the PSAC. What in the world's going on???

Comment

Last two games I've seen. They can get stationary at times on offense. not a lot of flow to the offense. Last 3 games 54,48 and 44 missed shots. They are lucky they won one of those games. The defense keeps them close with turnovers. If the offense starts to click they are still good enough to win the psac.

Comment

Last two games I've seen. They can get stationary at times on offense. not a lot of flow to the offense. Last 3 games 54,48 and 44 missed shots. They are lucky they won one of those games. The defense keeps them close with turnovers. If the offense starts to click they are still good enough to win the psac.
                    Which makes Edinboro's Feb. 18 game at Mercyhurst very critical in the overall scheme of things...
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Which makes Edinboro's Feb. 18 game at Mercyhurst very critical in the overall scheme of things...
                      I would worry about beating Gannon on Wednesday first. Gannon needs to win out for any hope of a playoff spot so don't expect them to roll over.

Comment

I would worry about beating Gannon on Wednesday first. Gannon needs to win out for any hope of a playoff spot so don't expect them to roll over.
                        Agree ... and Gannon's been playing better as of late; not the complete pushover they were a month ago. My money is still on the Scots as Gannon has a terrible time handling pressure, but Edinboro will need to play well or GU could make it interesting.

Comment

I think there may be a job opening at Slippery Rock very soon. McGraw has lost all control and losing by 30 (at home) to a dreadful Gannon has to be the final nail in the coffin. Add to it the sideline behavior .... writing is on the wall.

Comment

With a dominating win over Clarion, Cal is one step closer to clinching top seed in the West. (Side note: Who, at Clarion, thought it was a good idea to switch to Stretch for live stats? It's 100 percent garbage.)

Meanwhile, it looks as though Mercyhurst may have boosted their NCAA playoff chances with a 56-54 win over Edinboro (though, if I'm not mistaken, Boro holds the tiebreaker thanks to their win over Cal earlier this season).
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              I think there may be a job opening at Slippery Rock very soon. McGraw has lost all control and losing by 30 (at home) to a dreadful Gannon has to be the final nail in the coffin. Add to it the sideline behavior .... writing is on the wall.
                              A Gannon team that reached only 40 points at home vs. Edinboro had 40 with 3-4 minutes left in the first half today at SRU.

Comment

With a dominating win over Clarion, Cal is one step closer to clinching top seed in the West. (Side note: Who, at Clarion, thought it was a good idea to switch to Stretch for live stats? It's 100 percent garbage.)

Meanwhile, it looks as though Mercyhurst may have boosted their NCAA playoff chances with a 56-54 win over Edinboro (though, if I'm not mistaken, Boro holds the tiebreaker thanks to their win over Cal earlier this season).
                                Edinboro lost its starting forward to an injury early. Also, early foul trouble led to point guard and center to only play half the game. Not a very impressive showing considering what happened. You would think mercyhurst is ranked 8 next wed due to the loss against seton hill. Edinboro probably goes to 7 with a much more favorable remaining schedule. Hopefully all four psac west teams make the NCAA tournament. They are all very good teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X