Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    They really got tested today as they needed a Abbey Sporio old-school three-point play to beat Mercyhurst 68-66 at the AngeloDome this afternoon.
    Getting a chance to watch the game online left me with a question. In a game that wasn't particularly physical or chippy at all, how do we end up with 5 players fouling out (3-MC, 2-CALU) and 4 with 4 (3-MC, 1-CALU). What did the officials see that I missed ? Full game is available on CUTV SPORTS 1 LIVE STREAM on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
      That in-bounds steal (right under the basket) layup was one for the ages!
      Especially when we thought all was lost in the moments prior to that. And who deserved it more than Abby Sporio...one sweet girl!
      She's not quite MIKI G., but who is. Going to be the leader for the next 2 years and I look forward to that. Another UPJ transfer like K FRATZ, and I wonder why they sign up with UPJ if they could choose CALU, IUP or BORO.

Comment

Getting a chance to watch the game online left me with a question. In a game that wasn't particularly physical or chippy at all, how do we end up with 5 players fouling out (3-MC, 2-CALU) and 4 with 4 (3-MC, 1-CALU). What did the officials see that I missed ? Full game is available on CUTV SPORTS 1 LIVE STREAM on YouTube.

I went and saw a high school game the other day for the first time in years. Being so used to the ticky-tack, every play is a foul college game, ... the high school game is like WWE Wrestling. The difference in what is called versus what isn't is amazing. It was actually refreshing to see play go up and down the court without a stop in play ... OR THOSE STUPID MEDIA TIMEOUTS.

Comment

No question about that----it really is quite the culture shock to revisit the high school game after being immersed in the college game for years. I had a very similar experience a few years back.

Comment

UPDATED PSAC WEST STANDINGS (WOMEN'S) - 1/24/2017

TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
            CAL 12-1 18-1 W7
            EDINBORO 12-1 16-3 L1
            MERCYHURST 11-2 16-3 L1
            IUP 10-3 12-5 L3
            CLARION 9-4 12-7 W1
            SETON HILL 7-6 11-8 W1
            SLIPPERY ROCK 6-7 9-10 W1
            GANNON 4-9 4-15 L4
            UPJ 3-10 7-12 L1

Comment

BTW, how in the world did SRU beat Edinboro the other day? That's a shocking upset.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                BTW, how in the world did SRU beat Edinboro the other day? That's a shocking upset.
                Jontay Walton didn't play. She scores about ten a game and is the defensive stopper for the guard position. Only way carpenter scores 35 for Slippery rock. She plays a sixth man role and if she is out for an extended time, edinboro's chances to win the psac drops considerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                  Jontay Walton didn't play. She scores about ten a game and is the defensive stopper for the guard position. Only way carpenter scores 35 for Slippery rock. She plays a sixth man role and if she is out for an extended time, edinboro's chances to win the psac drops considerable.
                  Certainly changes the dynamic for Saturday's game at the ANGELO DOME. That said, never underestimate a SWANK coached team. As always a battle is to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    I was at this game covering it. As a sports editor for the local paper, I have watched a TON of hoops this season at high school level and small college ... and I will say it was the most horribly-officiated game I've ever witnessed. One official in particular was consistently horrible. Official's observer next to me used the term that she was "(expletive) horrendous" to someone on the phone. BUT ... it went both ways. Both teams in foul trouble all day ...

Comment

The standings will be different by later today after the VULCANS and FIGHTING SCOTS battle for the top spot. For BORO fans who can't be there in person, the game ( as well as the men) will be streamed live on CUTVSports 1 starting at 3. Though this will temporarily give one team an advantage, the fight for supremecy in PSAC WBB won't be settled until the tournament on March 5.

Comment

Average point differential in SWANK vs STROM is 18.1 in 14 games. No game closer than 8 pts, twice. SWANK leads 8 wins to 6. Quite a rivalry.
                        Closest finish ever between SWANK and STROM....CALU WBB 75. BORO. 71. VULCANS get sole possession of 1st place in PSAC WEST. Likely, but not certain, that one of these teams will win the PSAC this year and, given that VIRGINIA UNION lost to CHOWAN, will have a shot at hosting the ATLANTIC REGIONALS. A lot of BB to play, so time will tell.

Comment

Closest finish ever between SWANK and STROM....CALU WBB 75. BORO. 71. VULCANS get sole possession of 1st place in PSAC WEST. Likely, but not certain, that one of these teams will win the PSAC this year and, given that VIRGINIA UNION lost to CHOWAN, will have a shot at hosting the ATLANTIC REGIONALS. A lot of BB to play, so time will tell.
                          Where would you prefer Cal host the regional? The Angelodome or the old place?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            Where would you prefer Cal host the regional? The Angelodome or the old place?
                            HAMER HALL is always the first choice for playoff BB !!! So many great spirits of wins from the past. Hopefully the ANGELO DOME is booked like it was in '15.😉

Comment

HAMER HALL is always the first choice for playoff BB !!! So many great spirits of wins from the past. Hopefully the ANGELO DOME is booked like it was in '15.😉
                              I figured as much. I prefer Memorial Field House over the KCAC for watching a game in.

Comment

Feb. 1 Results

Cal defeats Slippery Rock 79-55 at Morrow (side note: I didn't realize that CeCe Dixon transferred to SRU this season).
                                Seton Hill defeats Clarion 68-56
                                IUP 73, Mercyhurst 71
                                Gannon 65, UPJ 60
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X