Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    I thought he was done last year. If they really care about winning a championship he won't be back. First you have to be honest and admit a change is needed. I'm not sure they are at that point yet. she should get a call as soon as ncaa rules allow.
    From what I recall of Gannon. They never fire a coach. I followed them a few yrs back and I don't know of any coach they fired.
    Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
      From what I recall of Gannon. They never fire a coach. I followed them a few yrs back and I don't know of any coach they fired.
      Anyone?
      I won't name names but that is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
        Anyone?
        Gannon fired Bob Dukiet in 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
          Gannon fired Bob Dukiet in 1996.
          I can think of three in the past 6-7 years. Not major sports so many people might not have noticed. Gannon has done a great job in most sports so there really hasn't been the need to fire or just not extend someone's contract.

Comment

Is the football coach up there getting any heat yet?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Is the football coach up there getting any heat yet?
              No
              He should be given two years to see improvements. We have a team that will have the worst record at the hammermill in 40 years and possibly the worst overall record in 40 years. Never thought that was possible.

Comment

Mazzante and in my opinion, Wheeler from Edinboro definitely have the credentials to take over a program from what I've seen. Any other assistants on the women's side East or West that are ready for that jump?

Comment

Off the coaching topic but related to the women's game ...

I loosely follow it. I see IUP play a lot mainly because I go to the men's games. One thing that really sticks out to me on the women's side ... the disparity between the top and bottom of the league is just mind-blowing. You see the nightly scores ... blowout after blowout.

On the men's side, even the (record-wise) worst team, California, has played many close games and is capable on the right night of pulling out a big win. You don't see that on the women's side.

While following the men's side for 25 years or so ... Like I said, I've only ever loosely paid attention to this side. What do you 'experts' think the cause of such disparity in the women's game? There have been some just awful teams come through the KCAC this year already. Tom does a great job of not running up scores (and he's still won numerous by 20+ - and that's 'calling off the dogs').

Is this a fluke year and the first time I've noticed or has this been the norm?

Comment

Off the coaching topic but related to the women's game ...

I loosely follow it. I see IUP play a lot mainly because I go to the men's games. One thing that really sticks out to me on the women's side ... the disparity between the top and bottom of the league is just mind-blowing. You see the nightly scores ... blowout after blowout.

On the men's side, even the (record-wise) worst team, California, has played many close games and is capable on the right night of pulling out a big win. You don't see that on the women's side.

While following the men's side for 25 years or so ... Like I said, I've only ever loosely paid attention to this side. What do you 'experts' think the cause of such disparity in the women's game? There have been some just awful teams come through the KCAC this year already. Tom does a great job of not running up scores (and he's still won numerous by 20+ - and that's 'calling off the dogs').

Is this a fluke year and the first time I've noticed or has this been the norm?
                    My guess is there is just a bigger pool of men to pick from. Probably millions of more boys play pickup games worldwide than women. Also, good players always want to win so talent piles into schools with winning tradition. Just like duke Kansas or Kentucky for d1 men.
                    Changing topic
                    Saturdays iup edinboro matchup is my early pick for the psac title game. The d1 center from umass will be the key imo. Cal has looked sloppy the two times I've seen them. I would be surprised if cal won the psac.

Comment

I agree. You can take a look at cal assistant but that's it. Wheeler probably a lock once swank retires.

Comment

I wouldn't count out the Cal ladies just yet -- despite the fact Edinboro beat them up pretty good. Round 2 down in the Mon Valley may look totally different.

They may have got a little laid back earlier. Some great teams need that first punch to the nose to wake up.

IUP has Edinboro tomorrow and Cal on Wednesday.

Comment

I wouldn't count out the Cal ladies just yet -- despite the fact Edinboro beat them up pretty good. Round 2 down in the Mon Valley may look totally different.

They may have got a little laid back earlier. Some great teams need that first punch to the nose to wake up.

IUP has Edinboro tomorrow and Cal on Wednesday.
                          These are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT games for the IUP women. They've been on an incredible run of late and there is a lot to be proud of with it. But over the past bunch of years here they have had good teams then get completely clobbered by the likes of Boro and Cal. These are statement games here! If you want to be considered elite you absolutely need to show that you can win games like these.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            These are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT games for the IUP women. They've been on an incredible run of late and there is a lot to be proud of with it. But over the past bunch of years here they have had good teams then get completely clobbered by the likes of Boro and Cal. These are statement games here! If you want to be considered elite you absolutely need to show that you can win games like these.
                            If anyone goes to the game comments and analysis would be appreciated since I believe there is no video.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                              If anyone goes to the game comments and analysis would be appreciated since I believe there is no video.
                              I'm likely to opt for the NFL playoffs. But this would be a great game to get to. I must say that paying $12 to get in the place for just a cheap seat is not exactly a big pull factor for me either. They should just be glad that there are people who even want to support a DII WBB team. And the thing that really gets me---a bunch of these people you see in the arena are getting in for free through various ways. They are not paying a dime! A month or so back I helped some sort of administrator type of guy from a rival school get his stuff into the arena and he got me in for free with his PSAC card. Hey, that was a heck of a lot more than anyone from IUP ever did for me!

Comment

My beef with the place is and always will be having ushers at every aisle stair yet I have to ask people to move from my seats EVERY GAME. This has been going on since the place opened. It's particularly bad on the benches side.

I think you've said before just making the lower bowl reserved. I'd even been fine making the whole place first come first serve. There's no point having reserved seats when it's a free for all anyway and the KCAC doesn't enforce anything.

I love the look you get from people, too, when you tell them to beat it. I actually enjoy it because I've done it about 80 straight home games.

And, yes, the $48 for a family of four (in the cheap seats) ... just to get in the door ... is amazingly awful. Attendance there is falling with each year. Not a coincidence.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-14-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X