Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A RANT: For those reading in the IUP Athletic and Comm Media Departments...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Hopefully Jeff Capel has read some of your posts. The shillelagh will be brought out. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Hopefully Jeff Capel has read some of your posts. The shillelagh will be brought out. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Probably less people watching with the men playing on the Ship feed.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Just watched the entire GU / Ship game and the video feed never cut out. No problems on my end. I went through the link on the Gannon athletics site. Not sure if that made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Just watched the entire GU / Ship game and the video feed never cut out. No problems on my end. I went through the link on the Gannon athletics site. Not sure if that made a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Guys, I screwed up. Clem is from Blairsville. Sorry for the offense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

And you KNOW it's good if he's giving props to any part of Mon Valley U. ;)
    I'm not bitter to Cal. They don't bother me. In fact, Cal is actually our mutually-respected rivalry in football and women's basketball. The men's basketball rivalry has been dead for a long time but is on its way back. They've had good broadcasts for years. If you want to talk gym teachers ... whole different opinion. LOL.

The fact our own fans will all watch a game from inside our own building on the visiting teams' broadcast ... whole different topic/problem.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    A lot of you guys lucked out for tomorrow night. Cal always brings their own crew to broadcast the game. They will have their own production (which doesn't skip or freeze). So, if you can't attend ... tune in to the Cal feed instead of IUP's mess). Their lead student announcer is also pretty good (not a cheerleader and is well-spoken and prepared).
    And you KNOW it's good if he's giving props to any part of Mon Valley U. ;)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A lot of you guys lucked out for tomorrow night. Cal always brings their own crew to broadcast the game. They will have their own production (which doesn't skip or freeze). So, if you can't attend ... tune in to the Cal feed instead of IUP's mess). Their lead student announcer is also pretty good (not a cheerleader and is well-spoken and prepared).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    All I can advise is if IUP does host and you want to actually watch your teams game .... plan on being inside the KCAC.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    And I wholeheartedly agree with you. All I said was that the school's priority is obviously with the people on site. If it wasn't, they would make damn sure the live stream is worthy of the program.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 03-02-2020, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't disagree with you. At this point I'm just hoping Ship can qualify for the regional tournament and then we'll worry about crossing other bridges.
    If Gannon and Glenville State win their tournaments ... then you could have a problem.

Interesting year. Winston-Salem winning just changed the whole dynamic of these two tournaments

Over the years I've seen many conference tournaments where the favorites aren't the hungriest dog at the bowl.

Tell you what ... Round 2 used to be pretty much a gimme game for the top seeds. Not this year. I thought people were nuts this year when they said the West was down. This is as deep with quality teams as I can remember.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

At the end of the day ... I don't think anybody really cares what is causing the problem. The problem just needs fixed. That's the point of IUP24 starting this thread.

Being that Regional Saturday is in 12 days ... this season-long headache could now cause problems for the masses -- not just IUP fans.

They can hire Clem from Homer City to fix the damn thing ... whatever it takes.
    I don't disagree with you. At this point I'm just hoping Ship can qualify for the regional tournament and then we'll worry about crossing other bridges.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    How much chance is there that this conversation is all for nothing? If the IUP men lose on Wednesday and West Liberty wins the MEC, could the top seed slip away? Same thing with women, with the added caveat that Grenville beat them?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X