Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Regional

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    I wouldn't say NW is a prolific scoring team but they can shoot it with the best of them. The only difference between them and the high scoring teams is that NW slows the game down and plays in the half-court. If there is one thing that consistently beats junk systems it is solid fundamentals and that is what NW is all about.

Mercyhurst is #2 and NW is #3 in scoring defense in D2. NW does it by playing straight up man to man and they have a lot of length in those 6'7 and 6'8 guys who can all move, defend, shoot, etc. Their offense is going to get either a point blank shot or a 3. Looks like the first one to 60 might win the game.

Below is what I posted in some other region forums earlier in the year about the NW offense.

I posted this in the MIAA thread but thought it would apply for anyone interested:

I don't see much advanced analytics breakdowns at the D2 level but this is impressive stuff for NW:
    https://twitter.com/gyratestats/stat...05136161824768
    Wow ... #2 vs. #3 in scoring defense. It may take overtime to get to 60.

Based on NWHoops post, this is another team that plays Mercy-ball, but even better. Mercy has slowed down teams that play fast -- they certainly won't be taking NWMU out of their pace of play - they surely won't be uncomfortable with the pace of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      Wow ... #2 vs. #3 in scoring defense. It may take overtime to get to 60.

Based on NWHoops post, this is another team that plays Mercy-ball, but even better. Mercy has slowed down teams that play fast -- they certainly won't be taking NWMU out of their pace of play - they surely won't be uncomfortable with the pace of the game.
      Should be an interesting game and I am glad NW has this week to prepare for them. I think they sound like a team that would give you fits if you had to play a next night game. I do agree that it sounds like it could be a very low scoring game.

Comment

• Comment

Crutchfield still nothing more to show for his creative genius than Joe Lombardi. One's played the last game twice. The other once. Both have gone away empty.

Comment

Mercyhurst up 9-8 after 12 minutes. Lakers doing what they do best.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Mercyhurst up 9-8 after 12 minutes. Lakers doing what they do best.
                Lakers hanging in there, down 24-22 at half. They're used these kinds of contests.

Comment

Lakers hanging in there, down 24-22 at half. They're used these kinds of contests.
                  NWMS held to under 70 just once this season.

Comment

Looks like Mercy is going to hold MWMS well under their average and keep it close, but not enough points on their side to come away with the win. Heck of a season by Manchel & Company.

Did not watch the game ... what were the thoughts of those that we able to catch it?

Comment

This is one of my favorite things about college basketball ... there are a ton of ways to play it successfully. It would undoubtedly be boring if every team played the pace and defense of Mercy, but it would also get old fast if every team played the West Liberty style. The fact that so many different styles of basketball are played is what makes college basketball great IMHO.

Comment

Looks like Mercy is going to hold MWMS well under their average and keep it close, but not enough points on their side to come away with the win. Heck of a season by Manchel & Company.

Did not watch the game ... what were the thoughts of those that we able to catch it?
                        A couple of the close calls at the end of the game go the other way, might be a different outcome. Also surprised Mercy didn't look for a few more treys near the end.

Comment

I don't like how that game ended. Hurst at the ball taken away from them on the "out of bounds" that wasn't. They clearly got that ball and should've had that possession. Also, the offensive foul under the hoop was horrific. That NWMSU kid clearly flopped.

Great effort and game by Mercyhurst.

Comment

Really shows how strong the Atlantic was this year. Nobody would have thought Mercyhurst had any chance of getting to the E8 even weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Really shows how strong the Atlantic was this year. Nobody would have thought Mercyhurst had any chance of getting to the E8 even weeks ago.

Golden89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                Golden89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Almost nobody!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...