(their last)

Comment

Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
      win Saturday.

(their last)

Comment

I only brought it up because that is highest # of PF called on GSC all year nearly twice their average of 20. We all know that PSAC teams tend to play a harder style of BB, so with an all PSAC final does the league have any say in who calls the game, or is it left to the MEC, GSC or the NCAA to decide. I think both teams would prefer a game that flows rather than a FT shootout. If no one knows that's fine too. Play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          I only brought it up because that is highest # of PF called on GSC all year nearly twice their average of 20. We all know that PSAC teams tend to play a harder style of BB, so with an all PSAC final does the league have any say in who calls the game, or is it left to the MEC, GSC or the NCAA to decide. I think both teams would prefer a game that flows rather than a FT shootout. If no one knows that's fine too. Play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            The NCAA makes the assignments for all tournaments, from Regionals to the Elite Eight. Neither host conferences nor host schools have any say on officiating assignments. The Regionals assignments, I'd suspect, are based on a list of the top officials from each league within the region; I'm not sure how it works at the Elite Eight, but regardless, it's the NCAA's call and ONLY the NCAA's call.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Cal shot 49 foul shots and Glenville shot 5 foul shots. Out of the 15 points that Cal scored in OT, 11 of them were from the free throw line.

Really?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                Cal shot 49 foul shots and Glenville shot 5 foul shots. Out of the 15 points that Cal scored in OT, 11 of them were from the free throw line.

Really?!?!?!
                49:5 ratio? Wow.

Cal's staff does a fantastic job working the officials (often going too far). But, ... that's pretty extreme.

Comment

My problem is the blatant inconsistency of calls in the game. When Glenville St made contact in the press, the fouls were called. But in the half-court set, Re'Shawna Stone was mugged several time when putting a shot up. The bumps were obvious in the half-court set as well but not called. A bump is a bump. You can't let them play inside the arc, but call ticky-tack on the full-court defense. Barrett and Sporio got every call. There was no 50/50. Stone getting fouled and not getting the call led her to frustration as a freshman and she fouls out. GSC doesn't have Stone in OT at all. One of the Cal players I mentioned should have been gone too. I have never seen a more inconsistently called game in my life, and that is saying something. Glenville was cold outside. That hurt them a lot. Cal did do a good job of taking charges early which made Glenville tentative to drive the ball. But GSC players drove past Cal a lot. They were quicker and more athletic. But the bumps on those drives and obvious contact was not called on Cal whereas GSC was whistled for every little bump.

No one on here can paint 49 foul shots to 5 foul shots any picture than what it was. There was no question as to which conference one female ref in the game calls games for. It was very obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                    My problem is the blatant inconsistency of calls in the game. When Glenville St made contact in the press, the fouls were called. But in the half-court set, Re'Shawna Stone was mugged several time when putting a shot up. The bumps were obvious in the half-court set as well but not called. A bump is a bump. You can't let them play inside the arc, but call ticky-tack on the full-court defense. Barrett and Sporio got every call. There was no 50/50. Stone getting fouled and not getting the call led her to frustration as a freshman and she fouls out. GSC doesn't have Stone in OT at all. One of the Cal players I mentioned should have been gone too. I have never seen a more inconsistently called game in my life, and that is saying something. Glenville was cold outside. That hurt them a lot. Cal did do a good job of taking charges early which made Glenville tentative to drive the ball. But GSC players drove past Cal a lot. They were quicker and more athletic. But the bumps on those drives and obvious contact was not called on Cal whereas GSC was whistled for every little bump.

No one on here can paint 49 foul shots to 5 foul shots any picture than what it was. There was no question as to which conference one female ref in the game calls games for. It was very obvious.
                    Thank you for explaining why I was asking about the officiating. I've never seen such a disparity in FT numbers that I can recall. As to charging calls,. JS as a 4 year PG at PSU understands how that is done and if I'm not mistaken drills it into her players. Several major turning points in the '15 NC run came as a result of timely charging calls. Just as she teaches her players to avoid grabbing at the ball when pressing. Surround the ball handler cut off their passing lane and wait for them to make a mistake. It's a very rare public discussion of her coaching philosophy that doesn't begin with "We concentrate on defense" And inept officials frequently add a lot to that game.

Comment

Comment

Brittany drives me nuts. She's so afraid of contact. No fight in that girl!
                        Last edited by IUPalum; 03-18-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Wish i could hear it it. Lol. No volume.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Wish i could hear it it. Lol. No volume.
                            I've got volume.

Comment

Get the scissors out

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X