Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Amazing win with one question....how does GSC end up on the wrong side of PF 15-36 and foul out 3 players ??? On their home court ???

Comment

Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

IUP blew them out last year. Best two teams are playing Monday.

Comment

If we get the same Appleby on Monday, IUP has no chance. 4-21 overall and 1-9 from 3. And she was out of control several times. If she had a half decent game today, IUP wins in a blowout. She has to come up big. Cal has had her number twice this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
          If we get the same Appleby on Monday, IUP has no chance. 4-21 overall and 1-9 from 3. And she was out of control several times. If she had a half decent game today, IUP wins in a blowout. She has to come up big. Cal has had her number twice this year.
          She vanishes against Cal. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            IUP blew them out last year. Best two teams are playing Monday.
            Actually blew them out twice. Both games MEGAN SMITH was the leading scorer and CAROLYN APPLEBY was free to do her thing. This year without MS, CA is 9PTS/8TO @ home and 6PTS/ 5TO @CAL. Of course, she is always dangerous but the combo with SMITH was scary. Time will tell.

Comment

She vanishes against Cal. Just sayin'

Comment

Actually blew them out twice. Both games MEGAN SMITH was the leading scorer and CAROLYN APPLEBY was free to do her thing. This year without MS, CA is 9PTS/8TO @ home and 6PTS/ 5TO @CAL. Of course, she is always dangerous but the combo with SMITH was scary. Time will tell.
                I was saying they blew out GSC last year.

Comment

I was saying they blew out GSC last year.
                  I think a better all around C HAWKS team last year. Still, they're on the verge of a 2nd EE if they can play their game and not CALS.

Comment

Not quite below 70 but CAL U did win 81-79 and then lost a truly bizarre regional final to GU at Hammermill 50-47. GSC did use that multi sub system with 10 players and the VULCANS did the same with 8 players. Actually quite a redemption for GSC who lost @ CAL 102-55 in November of that season. I vaguely remember GSC adding a player in the spring of '13 who may have provided the boost. Don't see anything like that this happening this year. Only hope they stay competitive.
                    Truly bizarre is the only way to describe the 2013 final. Gannon same out ultra tight and Cal led 18-9 with 2 minutes left in the first half.

History did repeat itself. Cal beat Glenville. All PSAC West final on Monday!!

Comment

And the very next day, Cal knocked off Glenville State ... as the 7 seed.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I hate to rain on the parade, but IUP did win when it counted last season: in the first round of Regionals last year in Richmond.

That said, Monday's game should be a fun one. Too bad I have to work Monday night...
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          I hate to rain on the parade, but IUP did win when it counted last season: in the first round of Regionals last year in Richmond.

That said, Monday's game should be a fun one. Too bad I have to work Monday night...
                          Does anyone know what officials will be calling this game ? These past two games SEAIRRA BARRETT has had to sit a good deal of the first half due to early foul calls. Should have been a problem but in both games the switch from a center focused offense to guard oriented has really helped the VULCANS. SPORIO and JASPER have stepped up to increase the speed and pressure without having to get SB her shots. On top of which whomever was calling the game pretty much wrecked GSC with 36 PF calls which is 5.4% of their season's total of 671 in 33 games. I don't recall such a reverse home court advantage any time recently.
                          Hate playing any team 3-4 times in a season especially a well coached one. But at this time it seems inevitable that these two PSAC heavyweights will face off multiple times. Embarrassing that CAL U didn't make it last weekend, but back to work on Monday evening.

Comment

Does anyone know what officials will be calling this game ? These past two games SEAIRRA BARRETT has had to sit a good deal of the first half due to early foul calls. Should have been a problem but in both games the switch from a center focused offense to guard oriented has really helped the VULCANS. SPORIO and JASPER have stepped up to increase the speed and pressure without having to get SB her shots. On top of which whomever was calling the game pretty much wrecked GSC with 36 PF calls which is 5.4% of their season's total of 671 in 33 games. I don't recall such a reverse home court advantage any time recently.
                            Hate playing any team 3-4 times in a season especially a well coached one. But at this time it seems inevitable that these two PSAC heavyweights will face off multiple times. Embarrassing that CAL U didn't make it last weekend, but back to work on Monday evening.
                            Already building the excuse!

Comment

Not picking on her ... Cal has just hammered her twice this year. They have a way of getting her in quick foul trouble and rattled.

For IUP to win, that obviously can't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Already building the excuse!
                                No need for excuses. This VULCANS WBB team has been a puzzle all season. Do I expect the team that flopped last week @KU or the one that held the #1 scoring team in D2 WBB to a season low 77? Your guess is as good as mine. I really would be curious to know who chooses the officials and from which league. That said this is the right time to peak.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X