Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

Not surprised with the outcome. It's difficult to beat a very good team three times in a season. In the end there were too many scoring gaps and not enough defense to overcome IUP'S steady game. As I've said before this was a difficult VULCAN team to pin down. In the end they needed another player to take over the game and SPORIO was not it. She gave it her best until she fouled out. Congrats to JESS STROM et al for another year of generally solid WBB and for giving us a glance at some of the players we'll be cheering for down the road.
    Very solid game by the C HAWKS. APPLEBY was outstanding and shook the two earlier sub-par performances when it counted. With some more solid play and a bit of seeding luck maybe this version of IUP E8 will go a bit farther than last year. Good luck CRIMSON HAWKS !!!

Comment

Man, what a deluded prune here. IUP WBB has beaten Cal FOUR times for PSAC titles to the best of my count. And also TWICE now in successive years in the Atlantic Region. Maybe you guys own the regular season in the series but y'all have quite a history of choking it up against IUP in the postseason when the lights get bright. But I guess haters gotta hate. LOL.

-

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        Not surprised with the outcome. It's difficult to beat a very good team three times in a season. In the end there were too many scoring gaps and not enough defense to overcome IUP'S steady game. As I've said before this was a difficult VULCAN team to pin down. In the end they needed another player to take over the game and SPORIO was not it. She gave it her best until she fouled out. Congrats to JESS STROM et al for another year of generally solid WBB and for giving us a glance at some of the players we'll be cheering for down the road.
        Very solid game by the C HAWKS. APPLEBY was outstanding and shook the two earlier sub-par performances when it counted. With some more solid play and a bit of seeding luck maybe this version of IUP E8 will go a bit farther than last year. Good luck CRIMSON HAWKS !!!
        It's also not like the first two games were blowouts, either. The Cal win up here went down to the final seconds.

IUP finally got to dictate the pace and tempo -- something they couldn't do in the first two games. Cal got flustered by it and it showed with some really dumb fouls, etc.

Who knows what happens from here. A few of the top teams in the country are in the Atlantic and all but one of them is done.

Comment

Comment

As was said on the BB general mb, D2 WBB is by far the most wide open of all college sports. In the last twenty years only 3 schools have won 2 NC all the rest are one offs. In this year's bracket only 1 former champion is still in the running. That game is in the in the 4th qtr with LUBBOCK CHRISTIAN U (NC-'16) leading ANGELO STATE 58-54. Highly likely another first time champion will be crowned. It would be sweet if it was a PSAC team.

Comment

Interesting Elite Eight field on the ladies' side. Only one of the eight teams (Drury) was a No. 1 seed in regionals.

With IUP's record they have a shot to get a pretty decent (high) seed today -- possibly as high as a No. 2 or No. 3.

Comment

I usually prefer sweets but this post is just deliciously salty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  I usually prefer sweets but this post is just deliciously salty.
                  About as salty as Strom was in her press conference after the game.

Comment

IUP is the No. 3 seed and will play No. 6 seed Azusa Pacific.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      IUP is the No. 3 seed and will play No. 6 seed Azusa Pacific.
                      Same conference as Cal Poly Pomona, who beat the IUP men in the NC game several years ago. That was a great IUP team that could never figure out their zone defense that day.

Should be an interesting matchup. Looks like Azusa has a size advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                        Same conference as Cal Poly Pomona, who beat the IUP men in the NC game several years ago. That was a great IUP team that could never figure out their zone defense that day.

Should be an interesting matchup. Looks like Azusa has a size advantage.

Couldn't figure out a zone? Sounds familiar. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Couldn't figure out a zone? Sounds familiar. Just sayin'
                          I don't think Joe teams have trouble with basic zones. I think he has trouble with junk defenses/zones. That's not just Joe, that's most coaches. Those junk defenses aren't always the easiest to figure out because you can put so many twists and turns in them. A lot of times, it's up to the PG to figure out what exactly is going on with those junk defenses. The coach can show you all the sets out of that junk defense but it's up to that PG to figure it out live.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            I don't think Joe teams have trouble with basic zones. I think he has trouble with junk defenses/zones. That's not just Joe, that's most coaches. Those junk defenses aren't always the easiest to figure out because you can put so many twists and turns in them. A lot of times, it's up to the PG to figure out what exactly is going on with those junk defenses. The coach can show you all the sets out of that junk defense but it's up to that PG to figure it out live.
                            Gary Edwards was the master of the junk defense. No one could ever figure that cat out...in all facets of life. LOL.

Didn't the IUP men play Azuza Pacific back in 2015 en route to the national title game? Sounds familiar.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                              Gary Edwards was the master of the junk defense. No one could ever figure that cat out...in all facets of life. LOL.

Didn't the IUP men play Azuza Pacific back in 2015 en route to the national title game? Sounds familiar.

-

Yes

Comment

• Women's Atlantic Regional

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X