X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Maybe someday Carey will learn how to coach in game.
    I don’t understand holding on to the timeouts. He had opportunities to slow Cal’s momentum but he didn’t. On two consecutive possessions Maria was obviously gassed down the stretch as were several others. I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the depleted roster he’s dealing with but that has nothing to do with managing the game once you’re in it. I would agree with others who have said he was out-coached tonight, and the last time these two played.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Who was it on here that said the IUP women could win the PSAC?
    IUP with Preston is not IUP without her. That’s when that comment was made. You can’t lose your best rebounder and second leading scorer, not to mention the energy she brings, and expect great results. The domino effect of losing her was significant and everyone else’s scoring averages dropped when she left. That’s not an excuse. It’s fact and the stats are there for anyone to look at.

Saying that, IUP gave this one away much like they gave away the last meeting with Cal. I think it was a 15-2 run to end the game and the play drawn up at the end was either awful, or awfully executed. Credit to Cal for never giving up and fighting back but IUP sure rolled out the red carpet for them down the stretch.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-06-2024, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Such an awful loss. When a perceived major program hires a guy with no experience ... tonight is what you get.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    What a lousy effort

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Not I

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A great coach just beat a terrible coach.

Wowsers

Amazing he let that game go.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Cal 27
    IUP 26

Half

IUP was down 16 at one point before taking control in the second quarter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    First quarter ... total disaster

IUP looks turtle slow.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I think the ladies are going to win this one by 10 or close to it. They were better than Cal for three halves this year and the one they weren’t better they totally let off the gas. I think they learned from that and you can expect to see a big effort tonight. A win essentially guarantees IUP a spot in the regional. The loser might be sweating.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Women played with a lot more fire yesterday. They win by 10 with the same energy earlier in the week against Cal. Looks like they’re going to get a chance to redeem themselves.

I believe IUP is the best team in their side of the bracket. I’m assuming a rematch with Cal on Wednesday night followed by a semi-final matchup with Lock Haven. I’ve never believed in Lock Haven despite their record. The biggest challenge will be playing on their floor. Keep in mind in the first meeting that IUP lost by 11 they were playing short-handed and Maria Cerro was in a boot. That game was tied after three quarters even without Cerro being available. They did have Preston who they likely won’t have this time, however.

Then there’s the other possible scenario where IUP loses to Cal in the quarterfinals. That would certainly move Cal ahead of IUP in the regional rankings and now suddenly a ticket to the dance would be in question. Even if they did get in they’d be playing a #1 or #2 seed and it could be a quick exit. In other words, IUP absolutely needs a win on Wednesday night.
    I'm not sure about Lock Haven, either. The East was really bad this year on the women's side. The day IUP lost there they only dressed 7 players. I think they'd do quite well in a rematch. But, they have to get to Saturday first.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Women played with a lot more fire yesterday. They win by 10 with the same energy earlier in the week against Cal. Looks like they’re going to get a chance to redeem themselves.

I believe IUP is the best team in their side of the bracket. I’m assuming a rematch with Cal on Wednesday night followed by a semi-final matchup with Lock Haven. I’ve never believed in Lock Haven despite their record. The biggest challenge will be playing on their floor. Keep in mind in the first meeting that IUP lost by 11 they were playing short-handed and Maria Cerro was in a boot. That game was tied after three quarters even without Cerro being available. They did have Preston who they likely won’t have this time, however.

Then there’s the other possible scenario where IUP loses to Cal in the quarterfinals. That would certainly move Cal ahead of IUP in the regional rankings and now suddenly a ticket to the dance would be in question. Even if they did get in they’d be playing a #1 or #2 seed and it could be a quick exit. In other words, IUP absolutely needs a win on Wednesday night.
    Cal has to get to Indiana, first. I think they will, but Seton Hill has played them tight twice this year.

Side note: I bet Carey gets a bigger gate Wednesday than Joe gets tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

What the heck ever happened to Murphy's?
    Hmm…good question. I never went in the place but I remember it.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X