X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    If you want to vomit again, just read the Gazette article.
    You’re also not going to win when your leading scorer disappears in big games. I don’t know if teams started to figure Henderson out the second time through, if losing Preston impacted her role (she ended up playing underneath a bunch), or she just wore down but she wasn’t the same player down the stretch. She missed several layups and ended up with five points when she averages triple that. Not good enough.

What got lost in the disappointment of the loss was how Cerro dominated Nina Shaw, Cal’s PG. My wife’s hardly a basketball guru and at one point she said, “Maria is embarrassing that girl.” Maria as a freshman and even sophomore versus her play as a junior and senior is like night and day. She’s also a great leader and will be sorely missed.

Also lost was the horrendous officiating, particularly that short weasely dude. He is the worst official in the PSAC, and maybe the planet. You can guarantee he’ll find a way to put himself in the spotlight by going to the monitor to review something. He blew several key calls down the stretch in critical moments. There was also the cheap shot that one of the Cal players gave to Henderson late in the game that somehow everyone in the arena saw but none of the three officials did. I’m not blaming the loss on officiating but it sure didn’t help.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If you want to vomit again, just read the Gazette article.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Him and Joe refuse to call timeouts. It must be an ego thing. Drives me nuts.
    I understood it with Joe when he had the veteran teams. Some of those guys were coaches on the floor. You just trusted they would figure it out. That’s not the case this year for sure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I don’t understand holding on to the timeouts. He had opportunities to slow Cal’s momentum but he didn’t. On two consecutive possessions Maria was obviously gassed down the stretch as were several others. I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the depleted roster he’s dealing with but that has nothing to do with managing the game once you’re in it. I would agree with others who have said he was out-coached tonight.
    Him and Joe refuse to call timeouts. It must be an ego thing. Drives me nuts.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Maybe someday Carey will learn how to coach in game.
    I don’t understand holding on to the timeouts. He had opportunities to slow Cal’s momentum but he didn’t. On two consecutive possessions Maria was obviously gassed down the stretch as were several others. I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the depleted roster he’s dealing with but that has nothing to do with managing the game once you’re in it. I would agree with others who have said he was out-coached tonight, and the last time these two played.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Who was it on here that said the IUP women could win the PSAC?
    IUP with Preston is not IUP without her. That’s when that comment was made. You can’t lose your best rebounder and second leading scorer, not to mention the energy she brings, and expect great results. The domino effect of losing her was significant and everyone else’s scoring averages dropped when she left. That’s not an excuse. It’s fact and the stats are there for anyone to look at.

Saying that, IUP gave this one away much like they gave away the last meeting with Cal. I think it was a 15-2 run to end the game and the play drawn up at the end was either awful, or awfully executed. Credit to Cal for never giving up and fighting back but IUP sure rolled out the red carpet for them down the stretch.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-06-2024, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Such an awful loss. When a perceived major program hires a guy with no experience ... tonight is what you get.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    What a lousy effort

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Not I

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A great coach just beat a terrible coach.

Wowsers

Amazing he let that game go.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Cal 27
    IUP 26

Half

IUP was down 16 at one point before taking control in the second quarter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    First quarter ... total disaster

IUP looks turtle slow.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I think the ladies are going to win this one by 10 or close to it. They were better than Cal for three halves this year and the one they weren’t better they totally let off the gas. I think they learned from that and you can expect to see a big effort tonight. A win essentially guarantees IUP a spot in the regional. The loser might be sweating.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X