Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New WJU MBB HC

I would say the community better enjoy the WL vs W football game in a few weeks. There may not be Round 2.

Bad news for that kid is most rosters are full by now. He should look at Clarion or Seton Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I would say the community better enjoy the WL vs W football game in a few weeks. There may not be Round 2.

Bad news for that kid is most rosters are full by now. He should look at Clarion or Seton Hill.
      He could go D3. Bloom had two other players who saw considerable time drop down to D3 this year. Nick King transferred to Moravian College, and Austin Harriot to Gwynedd Mercy University. Harriot started at D1 in 2015, transferred to D2 Bloom in 2017, and now D3. You don't see that everyday.

Comment

WV Governor Justice has thrown his support behind keeping WU in a letter submitted to the WV HEPC:

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/08/12/ju...t-operational/

The HEPC is at WU starting Tuesday for two days. They are supposed to vote Friday on weather to keep WU open.

The Governors support, along with the $2M the Church just gave to WU, along with their stated "vested interest" in keeping WU open long term, will probably go a long way in how the HEPC votes.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          WV Governor Justice has thrown his support behind keeping WU in a letter submitted to the WV HEPC:

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/08/12/ju...t-operational/

The HEPC is at WU starting Tuesday for two days. They are supposed to vote Friday on weather to keep WU open.

The Governors support, along with the $2M the Church just gave to WU, along with their stated "vested interest" in keeping WU open long term, will probably go a long way in how the HEPC votes.
          Don't know enough about WV politics to say for sure, but a committee of "academic affairs, financial aid, finance and legal offices" would seem to have a pretty difficult time justifying the continued existence of the school. Perhaps a white knight, other than the Wheeling diocese, could be found.

Comment

WU just signed Alex Humphreys, a 5'10" guard from BMCC and offered Olajuwon Oyegoke, a 6'6" forward from Dakota Technical College.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Don't know enough about WV politics to say for sure, but a committee of "academic affairs, financial aid, finance and legal offices" would seem to have a pretty difficult time justifying the continued existence of the school. Perhaps a white knight, other than the Wheeling diocese, could be found.
              Why? Do you have insight on the academic affairs, financial aid, finance and legal? I mean, beyond what people are speculating about. I would expect their decision will be more based on what the schools current financial situation and it's plan moving forward. As a state agency, I would expect that the vote of confidence from the Governor would carry considerable weight with the HEPC.

I would imagine that the HEPC will vote to put WU on "probation" as they did with AB for the last 5 years or so.

Comment

Why? Do you have insight on the academic affairs, financial aid, finance and legal? I mean, beyond what people are speculating about. I would expect their decision will be more based on what the schools current financial situation and it's plan moving forward. As a state agency, I would expect that the vote of confidence from the Governor would carry considerable weight with the HEPC.

I would imagine that the HEPC will vote to put WU on "probation" as they did with AB for the last 5 years or so.
                As I said I haven't a clue how the HEPC would react to the governor's endorsement. Is the HEPC a committee that takes it's work very seriously, a rubber stamp or something in between. Getting odd cash infusions of $2M, the same day that the President and Senior VP are placed on administrative leave seems odd. But I'll defer to your WV expertise until the other shoe drops.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  As I said I haven't a clue how the HEPC would react to the governor's endorsement. Is the HEPC a committee that takes it's work very seriously, a rubber stamp or something in between. Getting odd cash infusions of $2M, the same day that the President and Senior VP are placed on administrative leave seems odd. But I'll defer to your WV expertise until the other shoe drops.
                  Governors endorsement could be a political motive. Kind of like congressmen who vote against a bill they secretly support ( but is opposed in their home district) when they know they are not the deciding vote in order to have political cover in their district.

Comment

Being reported that the WVHEPC Chancelor stated this evening that they would be reauthorizing WU when the commission votes Friday.

Comment

WV Governor at WU says that WU will not close on his watch.

Looks like the WU board will get the chance to work their recovery plan. Also looks like we can stop speculating about weather WU will open this year...OR if they will open next year.

Comment

Looks like the WU board will get the chance to work their recovery plan. Also looks like we can stop speculating about weather WU will open this year...OR if they will open next year.
                        Excuse me if I have doubts about a REPUBLICAN-DEMOCRAT-REPUBLICAN, COAL MINE OWNER and BFF OF THE CON MAN IN CHIEF. Of course as the wealthiest man in WV he may just buy the school and rename it JUSTICE U.

Comment

HEPC Recommendation was to allow wu to grant degrees in 2020, which is good news for seniors and the compassionate thing to do. No further commitment is stated. Heard rumor of only 400 enrolled. Anyone know number of full time students for 2019?

http://wvmetronews.com/2019/08/14/he...ng-university/

Comment

Comment

Reference: Cheyney

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Reference: Cheyney
                                Not really comparable. Public vs private. HBC vs Catholic. Part of PASSHE vs independent
                                Opening a WVU branch/feeder strikes me as the most sensible option.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X