Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(This crew is the MEC's version of your PSAC hair gel guy and his crew. They're tough to watch. My first thought when I turned this one on is that at least this likely means this crew won't have WLU's game.)

Comment

Big result there for Virginia Union.

Comment

#3 Charleston wins over #6 seed Concord 88-84.

Dwain Osborne is a heck of a coach. He has pieced together a nice squad and he coaches them well. Alderson Broaddus vs. UC tomorrow at 8:30PM in the semi-final round.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
          #3 Charleston wins over #6 seed Concord 88-84.

Dwain Osborne is a heck of a coach. He has pieced together a nice squad and he coaches them well. Alderson Broaddus vs. UC tomorrow at 8:30PM in the semi-final round.
          In the short history of the MEC, Osborne has won 3 or 4 Coach of the Year awards and not without reason. He always has a nice squad, and he prepares well for opponents. You can always expect a tough game when UC is in the house.

Comment

Ugly ugly ugly so far. Not playing our game

Comment

Comment

No such thing as a bad win in March.

Comment

Fairmont State defeats Notre Dame College 67-65 in the 4/5 game. Big win for Fairmont as they try to earn a NCAA bid.

Comment

Thsnks for coming up Fairmont

Comment

Senders had 42 for Fairmont scored 96 and still lost by 21. The blackout was real tonight. We did that without getting much from Butler and Vik too.

Yoakum is back folks

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                        Senders had 42 for Fairmont scored 96 and still lost by 21. The blackout was real tonight. We did that without getting much from Butler and Vik too.

Yoakum is back folks
                        Yoakum was voted MEC Tournament MVP two years ago. Apparently, he likes this floor.

Comment

As much as Sanders went into one of his unconscious-can't-miss-any-junk-that-leaves-his-hand-goes-in modes (reminiscent of John Williams's performance in the semi last year on this floor), it was clear that this Fairmont team simply isn't the same with Younkin on the shelf. If/when they get into the regional, I have a hard time seeing them do much damage with Younkin in street clothes.

I would simply ask the NCAA selection committee to keep Fairmont off the 7 or 8 line that matches them with WLU (either in the 1 or 2 line depending on today's results). It simply won't be very fun to see round 4 of this matchup. Half the fun of the regional is getting a chance to see how you match up with teams from other conferences.

Comment

I would expect to see a very motivated Charleston team today. I'm not sure their run in this tourney so far (beating the likes of AB and NDC) has done anything to up their status from being the 9th or 10th team in the region, so this is a win or go home situation for the Golden Eagles. And they can be a scary team when motivated. WLU is going to have to bring their A game today if they want to hang on to a hope of hosting (when the committee flips the coin tonight).

And don't forget the weird history of this tournament. In the 8 years the conference has been in existence, only ONCE (WLU in 2020) has the league regular season champ won this tournament. The other two times WLU has won the tourney they were not actually league champs. So, being the #1 seed in this tournament has actually been something of a curse until WLU broke that curse briefly in 2020. Today is another chance to reverse the curse.

Side note: the NCAA committee has to be cheering for either Millersville or Charleston to win today. Having to parse between IUP & WLU for hosting duties has to be an absolute nightmare. They might literally flip a coin. So, if Ville or UC finds a way to win today--and both are certainly capable--the committee will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                              As much as Sanders went into one of his unconscious-can't-miss-any-junk-that-leaves-his-hand-goes-in modes (reminiscent of John Williams's performance in the semi last year on this floor), it was clear that this Fairmont team simply isn't the same with Younkin on the shelf. If/when they get into the regional, I have a hard time seeing them do much damage with Younkin in street clothes.

I would simply ask the NCAA selection committee to keep Fairmont off the 7 or 8 line that matches them with WLU (either in the 1 or 2 line depending on today's results). It simply won't be very fun to see round 4 of this matchup. Half the fun of the regional is getting a chance to see how you match up with teams from other conferences.

Comment

I hate when they do that. It's like watching bad reruns on Nick at Nite.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X