Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he actually replicated the "system" the NCAA uses, he would have gotten the seeding correct across the nation. As he points out, he got most of the selections right but not so great on the actual seedings.

My pre-season SR1 predictions were:

PSAC 4, MEC 3, CIAA 1
    IUP would be the #1 seed
    The CIAA rep would get in solely via winning the Conf Tourney
    The other 7 teams would be:
    IUP
    WLU
    Hurst
    Millersville
    Ship
    Fairmont
    WVS

Guess my knowledge of the NCAA selection "system" is pretty accurate!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-07-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Tickets are $20 per person per day for both Saturday and Sunday. The final is $16.

Your Saturday ticket is good for all four games. Sunday is good for both.

No reserved seating. All general admission.

You can buy online but will pay additional fees. The KCAC has 4,000 chairback seats.

Comment

• IUP tips at 5:00. Could be later depending on how the 1st two games play out. No break between the afternoon and evening sessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
          IUP tips at 5:00. Could be later depending on how the 1st two games play out. No break between the afternoon and evening sessions.
          I remember at the 18-19 Regional at the KCAC I think it was the first game that went double OT. Then the second game took forever. Jacked the schedule up pretty well. I think the last game started well after 9 p.m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
            Well Cal State San Marcos is 1 seed for West but 2 seed is hosting.
            Did we ever find out why the 2 seed is hosting in the West? It wasn't really mentioned on the selection show.

Also, the selection show made mention to two different regions being "no Sunday-game" regions. Do we know what's the story with that? And when do they play the other slate of games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Did we ever find out why the 2 seed is hosting in the West? It wasn't really mentioned on the selection show.

Also, the selection show made mention to two different regions being "no Sunday-game" regions. Do we know what's the story with that? And when do they play the other slate of games?

Comment

• Comment

• The West regional has consistently been on a non-Sunday schedule in recent years; I think Azusa Pacific and/or Point Loma Nazarene have no-Sunday policies. In the Midwest, I'm pretty sure it's Cedarville.

Comment

• Comment

• I guess to give them the opportunity to win a conference title. Apparently the runner up punched their ticket in the semi-finals once Bellarmine made it to the finals. Interesting.

Comment

• Naturally it's going to be 30 degrees with 3" of snow on Saturday for Day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I guess to give them the opportunity to win a conference title. Apparently the runner up punched their ticket in the semi-finals once Bellarmine made it to the finals. Interesting.
                          Conference decided beforehand that if bellarmine won against univ. Of Jacksonville in finals, regular season champ jacksonville state would get bid, who bellarmine defeated in semi finals. Confusing similarity in school names.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Naturally it's going to be 30 degrees with 3" of snow on Saturday for Day 1.

Comment

• That re-entry was a crock last time and wasn't enforced. They didn't sale booze at the last regional at the KCAC so people were going back and forth to the Hilton constantly. And, the food is much, much better next door.

Comment

• Couple random thoughts for each of the upcoming four Saturday games (in order of game):

* Philip Alston went for 35 points and 16 rebounds in the first meeting with Fairmont State -- and, that was with FSU big man Seth Younkin. The Falcons have some great guards, but Alston is going to be a total mismatch -- and, the Vulcans have pretty good guards, too. Cal's Zyan Collins didn't play in Round 1. Will Danny Sancomb's career winless streak inside the KCAC finally end? It certainly is leaning that way.

* Which West Virginia State team will show up? This group has looked very strong at times. It has also been blown out several times. It's had some marquee wins -- and, some marquee losses. No surprises in this one. These two are old friends. It seems WVSU certainly has the talent. But, that talent doesn't always show up.

* The only game with teams unfamiliar with one another. Fayetteville is a long way from Indiana, Pa. The KCAC is a tough place to play -- especially in front of a crowd that will likely be 98% in favor of the home team. But, the IUP ladies once lost as the host to the No. 8 seed. Fayetteville State won the CIAA for a reason.

* Mercyhurst lost in the PSAC Final Four in 2018-19, came back the next weekend and, well, we all know that story. The Lakers blew 7 and 9 point leads late in the second half just a few days ago against Millersville -- something that Mercyhurst almost never does. To the Marauders' credit, they gave the Mercyhurst defense fits down the stretch. Will Gary Manchel fix the glitch? I'd say odds are good. But, Millersville is a horrific match-up for Mercyhurst. The Marauders are physically bigger at every position on the floor. It's drastic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X