Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahaha!! Silly me...I misstakenly still think the final score on the score board and a teams final W/L record are pretty good measures of a teams quality!

Just my humble opinion...Advanced stats are nothing more than the "seasoning" that helps you understand the how and why of a team. Unfortuanatly, fans now days mistake them as the main course of the meal when W/L and the score on the score board should be their true focus.
    Interesting coincidence that you should mention advanced stats. In an effort to improve quality of play, there is a rumor that the NCAA basketball rules committee is considering a proposal to calculate a quality of play measure for both teams and adjusting the score accordingly. My guess is that it would consider assists, turnover margin, offensive efficiency, and number of passes before a shot is taken as a measure of team inclusion. Initially, the score will only be adjusted at the end of the first half, as an experiment. It will be applied only to D2 initially. Don't have more details, as the meeting was to take place sometime today,
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-01-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Interesting coincidence that you should mention advanced stats. In an effort to improve quality of play, there is a rumor that the NCAA basketball rules committee is considering a proposal to calculate a quality of play measure for both teams and adjusting the score accordingly. My guess is that it would consider assists, turnover margin, offensive efficiency, and number of passes before a shot is taken. Initially, the score will only be adjusted at the end of the first half, as an experiment. It will be applied only to D2 initially. Don't have more details, as the meeting was to take place sometime today,
      That may be the dumbest concept I've ever heard. I sure hope it doesn't have any traction.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That may be the dumbest concept I've ever heard. I sure hope it doesn't have any traction.

Comment

• Ahhhh ... slipped one past. I sure freaking hope so.

Comment

Ahhhh ... slipped one past. I sure freaking hope so.

Comment

• I can see Danny Sancomb being deducted 5 points for 40-second lapses of 'street ball' and his head exploding.

Comment

• Mercyhurst export Miykah McIntosh has had calls with Niagara, Cal State Fullerton, West Liberty, Le Moyne and Fairmont State.

Comment

• FYI 4/1/2022 D2 Transfer portal update
                  • About 15% growth in portal in one week since 3/25/22
                  • 265 teams have at least one player in the D2 portal. There are just over 300 teams in D2.
                  • 754 players in D2 portal as of 4/1/22
                  • Only 50 have found new schools - vast majority are other D2 schools (in some cases D3). Very few D1 schools
                  • 45 teams have five or more in the portal
                  • A more relevant stat would be total points or minutes entering the transfer portal by team and separate graduate transfers from underclassmen. But I am not aware of a free database that consolidates all players statistics.
                  • As Disraeli said, "there are lies, d**n lies, then there are statistics.
                  Schools with 5 or more players in the transfer portal
                  Previous School Count of Previous School
                  1 13
                  2 Cameron 9
                  3 Tusculum 9
                  4 Drury 8
                  5 Glenville State 8
                  6 8
                  7 8
                  8 University of the Sciences 8
                  9 Chadron State 7
                  10 Hawaii Pacific 7
                  11 Kutztown 7
                  12 Minnesota State 7
                  13 Northwood 7
                  14 Pace 7
                  15 Virginia State 7
                  16 7
                  17 West Alabama 7
                  18 American International 6
                  19 Angelo State 6
                  20 California (PA) 6
                  21 Catawba 6
                  22 Chowan 6
                  23 Coker 6
                  24 Le Moyne 6
                  25 Newman 6
                  26 Seton Hill 6
                  27 St. Cloud State 6
                  28 Texas A&M International 6
                  29 Tiffin 6
                  30 West Chester 6
                  31 Western New Mexico 6
                  32 Adams State 5
                  33 Belmont Abbey 5
                  34 Cal State East Bay 5
                  35 Central Missouri 5
                  36 King 5
                  37 Lindenwood 5
                  38 Mississippi College 5
                  39 Northern State 5
                  40 Notre Dame (OH) 5
                  41 Quincy 5
                  42 Southwest Baptist 5
                  43 Trevecca Nazarene 5
                  44 Truman State 5
                  45 West Liberty 5

New School for those who have found new home via the portal
                  Row Labels Count of New School
                  Allen 1
                  Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute 1
                  Catawba 1
                  Central Washington 1
                  Charleston 1
                  College of Charleston 1
                  College of Southern Idaho 1
                  Concordia St. Paul 2
                  Converse 1
                  Drury 1
                  Eastern Washington 1
                  Florida Southern 1
                  Frostburg State 1
                  Garrett College 1
                  Georgia Southwestern 1
                  Hartford 1
                  Kentucky State 2
                  Lane 1
                  Lindenwood 1
                  Mary 1
                  Metro State 1
                  Mississippi College 1
                  Morningside University 1
                  Newman 1
                  Presbyterian 1
                  Saint Leo 1
                  Southern Indiana 1
                  St. Edward's 1
                  St. Thomas Aquinas 1
                  Stanislaus State 1
                  State University of New York at Oswego 1
                  The College at Brockport, State University of New York 1
                  (blank)
                  Valparaiso 1
                  Point Loma Nazarene 1
                  Grand Total 50

Comment

Mercyhurst export Miykah McIntosh has had calls with Niagara, Cal State Fullerton, West Liberty, Le Moyne and Fairmont State.
                    Good for Howlett. McIntosh is definitely worth the call!

Comment

• Sounds like Pitt is all over former Illinois PG Andre Curbelo.

Former 4-star ... extreme upside but his inner Iverson comes out way to often.

IUP lit him up in the exhibition ... forcing him in to 10 turnovers. He got a really bad concussion near the end of the IUP game and missed the next two months.

Pitt (and many others) went after him hard out of high school.

Comment

• Given that the season has been over for the vast majority of teams, from all divisions, for several weeks, I'm a bit surprised that so few have made their move. If my guess is right the reality of 750+ players competing for a limited number of peachy spots is beginning to sink in. Probably a lot are discovering that their actual talent, as opposed to what their boosters suggest, is just enough to get them the same position they had in a different town. My guess, totally unfounded, is 10-15 will move to D1, 20-30 will improve their D2 situation and the rest will settle for what's left. All in all a pretty fruitless exercise which hopefully will be drawn down as time goes by.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                          Given that the season has been over for the vast majority of teams, from all divisions, for several weeks, I'm a bit surprised that so few have made their move. If my guess is right the reality of 750+ players competing for a limited number of peachy spots is beginning to sink in. Probably a lot are discovering that their actual talent, as opposed to what their boosters suggest, is just enough to get them the same position they had in a different town. My guess, totally unfounded, is 10-15 will move to D1, 20-30 will improve their D2 situation and the rest will settle for what's left. All in all a pretty fruitless exercise which hopefully will be drawn down as time goes by.
                          The transfer portal is renewed every year with players who have never experienced the process and are convinced THEY are unique and special and are going to be the one to make the big jump. Never underestimate the ability of young men to make bad decisions based on bad advice from there advisors!

Comment

• Deadline for portal is may 1, which will cap size of portal. If one does not receive serious interest by then, one could be left standing at the altar.

Comment

• KJ McClurg verbal commitment to Cal. Very solid pickup. D1 transfer (UNH). Per twitter
                              Last edited by LongTimeLurker; 04-03-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeLurker View Post
                                KJ McClurg verbal commitment to Cal. Very solid pickup. D1 transfer (UNH). Per twitter
                                Didn't play much at UNH ('20-'21 63 min in 3 games, injury ??) but apparently was a significant part of University HS in Morgantown as a Jr and Sr. Depending on the injury, could help provide more reliable scoring.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X