Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Don't think he should limit himself to this region.
    maybe Bentley, Rollins, Embry riddle, augustana, Truman State, etc.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...sities-midwest

According to US News:

WV DII Schools:

D&E - 27 South Region
    Glenville - 43 South Region
    Bluefield - 49 South Region
    AB - 51 South Region
    WLU - 59 South Region
    WVW - 60 South Region
    WV State - 62 South Region
    Wheeling - 80 South Region
    Concord - 91 South Region
    Fairmont - 91 South Region
    Shepherd - 168-222 National Liberal Arts
    UC - 299-391 National Universities

PSAC DII Schools:

UPJ - 28 North Region
    Seton Hill - 34 North Region
    Mercyhurst - 50 North Region
    West Chester - 50 North Region
    Slippery Rock - 78 North Region
    Shippensburg - 94 North Region
    Millersville - 97 North Region
    Lock Haven - 109 North Region
    Clarion - 114 North Region
    Bloomburg - 119 North Region
    Kutztown - 123 North Region
    Cal PA - 131-171 North Region
    East Stroudsburg - 131-171 North Region
    Edinboro - 131-171 North Region
    Lincoln (PA) 131-171 North Region
    Mansfield - 168-222 National Liberal Arts
    Gannon - 227 National Universities
    IUP - 299-391 National Universities

Other DII's We Might be Interested in:

UNCP - 65 South Region
    Frostburg - 109 North Region
    NDC - 119-157 Midwest Region

Comment

• Mercyhurst star guard Miykah McIntosh has entered the portal.

Like his former teammate Cannady, both are grad transfers.

Massive loss for the Lake Show.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Mercyhurst star guard Miykah McIntosh has entered the portal.

Like his former teammate Cannady, both are grad transfers.

Massive loss for the Lake Show.
        Between the two 58.9 minutes, 27.5 points and 5 assists per game.
        Don't know if it has anything to do with Cannady's reduced playing time in the final three game, but MM's scoring dropped off the table vs MILL and IUP with just 4, 11 and 8 pts as opposed to his season average of 16.0. Wonder if they're close enough to move as a pair ??

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Don't know if it has anything to do with Cannady's reduced playing time in the final three game, but MM's scoring dropped off the table vs MILL and IUP with just 4, 11 and 8 pts as opposed to his season average of 16.0. Wonder if they're close enough to move as a pair ??
          I'll be very interested to see if Coach Fite at Ship decides to just go along with his freshmen or pick up someone in the portal. Obviously the major thing affecting Ship's outlook for next season is how well they can cover the loss of Biss and Hardy. Geoff Helm is the only guard they currently have on the roster with much size, and he almost seems like more of a small forward type. Mike Dunn is the only one of the underclassmen guards who played significant minutes last season. He had some decent outings and looks to have potential.

Comment

• Phil Alston officially in the transfer portal. My guess is he ends up in at least the A-10.

Comment

Many coaches 'coach speak' about being a family. But many of those coaches are car salesmen and not respected by their players.

That whole 'Hawk Family' thing at IUP is very real.
              There's fun to be had at IUP...girls, parties. Racial diversity is important too (Shawn Dyer, anyone?)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                Phil Alston officially in the transfer portal. My guess is he ends up in at least the A-10.
                Or the Mid America which is a bit closer to home.

Some possibilities....
                https://mobile.twitter.com/Michalows...21329785487362
                Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-21-2022, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                  Phil Alston officially in the transfer portal. My guess is he ends up in at least the A-10.
                  As expected I suppose.

As an IUP fan ... this doesn't really break my heart. He can be some other leagues headache for the next two years.

Chalk me up as a fan of his. He's very electrifying to watch and seemed very humble.

He will be very exciting to watch when he has other similar size bigs (likely bigger) on the floor with him.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-21-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Miykah will be highly coveted in the D2 ranks as a grad transfer. He has quite a resume. I agree his scoring vanished in those final three games but his career speaks for itself. I'd assume some of the heavyweights will go after him -- even if it is for just one year.

Comment

• Nicholas Lang / Mercyhurst

That's all three starting guards ... wow

Comment

Nicholas Lang / Mercyhurst

That's all three starting guards ... wow
                        I have zero knowledge about what goes on with most of these teams and wouldn't even attempt to speculate, but you do have to wonder what's up when you see three important players leave a successful team like this.

Comment

As expected I suppose.

As an IUP fan ... this doesn't really break my heart. He can be some other leagues headache for the next two years.

Chalk me up as a fan of his. He's very electrifying to watch and seemed very humble.

He will be very exciting to watch when he has other similar size bigs (likely bigger) on the floor with him.
                          Hey, the rest of the league wouldn't be that unhappy if some of your players went somewhere else. Just sayin'. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I have zero knowledge about what goes on with most of these teams and wouldn't even attempt to speculate, but you do have to wonder what's up when you see three important players leave a successful team like this.

There's something up. The Lakers are going from having all three back next year as upperclassmen to having none of them back -- and, likely straight in to a rebuild.

Lang has a younger brother on the team (I think he redshirted this year). We'll see if he leaves now, too.

Comment

• Luke Powell / West Liberty

Comment

There's something up. The Lakers are going from having all three back next year as upperclassmen to having none of them back -- and, likely straight in to a rebuild.

Lang has a younger brother on the team (I think he redshirted this year). We'll see if he leaves now, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X