Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenville's "big" -- Adrian Scarborough -- is in the portal. Very good rebounder.

Comment

• Brandon Stone / Robert Morris

Local ties to PA ... should have been a D2 guy all along but his 6'11" size got him some chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Brandon Stone / Robert Morris

Local ties to PA ... should have been a D2 guy all along but his 6'11" size got him some chances.
        1 year at LaSalle, 1 year at RMU grew up in Alverton and played at Southmoreland HS. Seems like someone who might fit in at SHU.

Comment

• West Liberty's Elijah Watson enters the portal.

Comment

• Pat Robinson has entered the transfer portal

Comment

• Watson was totally foreseeable. He needed time to develop in the system (think: Keene Cockburn or Eric Meininger from the past WLU teams). But in today's transfer culture, very few kids are willing to wait for that development to pan out like Cockburn & Meinie did. Wish him luck in his next destination.

Robinson is a killer. Absolute backbone of the team. I wonder if Howlett would take him back if he didn't find what he was looking for (like Caldwell did with John Williams when he entered the portal last year).

Comment

• The Whippen brothers are in the portal -- looking for their third school in as many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                  West Liberty's Elijah Watson enters the portal.
                  While I'm saddened by this, I'm not surprised (see posts in other threads). His skill set was not one favored by WLU in their bigs and his playing time declined over the season. Very telling that against WV State when we could of used an "extra" big to counter their two bigs, he didn't even see the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                    The Whippen brothers are in the portal -- looking for their third school in as many years.

I watched Kyle play this past weekend. Well, kind of. Alston drew four fouls on him in the first half. There's potential there. The Alston assignment was just a total mismatch.

I assume they are a 'buy one, get one' combo. Two transfers already ... could be a red flag there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                      Pat Robinson has entered the transfer portal
                      Well, that's a high-profile transfer for sure.

20.3 ppg

Started 32 of 32 games (28.3 mpg)

66 steals

5 rebounds per game

If he relocates within the Atlantic, he'll likely land somwhere and see his minutes bumped up to 34-36 mpg.

His phone won't be quiet very long.

Comment

• Three from WV State

Didn't recognize the names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          Watson was totally foreseeable. He needed time to develop in the system (think: Keene Cockburn or Eric Meininger from the past WLU teams). But in today's transfer culture, very few kids are willing to wait for that development to pan out like Cockburn & Meinie did. Wish him luck in his next destination.

Robinson is a killer. Absolute backbone of the team. I wonder if Howlett would take him back if he didn't find what he was looking for (like Caldwell did with John Williams when he entered the portal last year).
                          So true abiut Elijah. Ceiling was incredibly high, but raw. Takes a lot of faith as well as incredible hours to develop skills that should have been honed long ago. The former transfer restrictions provided additional support for those wavering in faith. Those days are gone, as u said. Hope he lands where he can develop his skill set for Europe.

I hope that Patrick will find a high integrity school that will fulfill his goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I watched Kyle play this past weekend. Well, kind of. Alston drew four fouls on him in the first half. There's potential there. The Alston assignment was just a total mismatch.

I assume they are a 'buy one, get one' combo. Two transfers already ... could be a red flag there.
                            Package deal...yep. Kyle had a decent first season at Fairmont.

Comment

• This isn't a definitive statement but I'll take it as a hint that the VULCANS may have a very solid core come September....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phlick__/...16034675384320

Please note this was posted at 10:08 on Tuesday evening.
                              Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-16-2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                                This isn't a definitive statement but I'll take it as a hint that the VULCANS may have a very solid core come September....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phlick__/...16034675384320

Please note this was posted at 10:08 on Tuesday evening.

Jeff Capel may already be in the Angelo Dome.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X