Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

We were already braced for Yoakum's departure. He is graduating and walked on Senior Night declaring that his time here was finished.
    Will the Biblical Figure down at the beach come after this cast of Hilltopper exports?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Will the Biblical Figure down at the beach come after this cast of Hilltopper exports?
      I had a similar thought. Wouldn't take them any time to learn the system!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I had a similar thought. Wouldn't take them any time to learn the system!

Their landing spots will be interesting. I don't see any going 'up' a level.

I look for Sancomb to go after Robinson hard. He'd fit in to that offense very well.

Comment

Their landing spots will be interesting. I don't see any going 'up' a level.

I look for Sancomb to go after Robinson hard. He'd fit in to that offense very well.
          DS first priority must be to keep Alston or find someone to take that spot. Of those mentioned on this thread, Jayden Hibbitt out of WVWU seems closest but certainly not the dominating figure that PA is. If he does go after Robinson, IMO, he seems confident that #1 will be back next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

DS first priority must be to keep Alston or find someone to take that spot. Of those mentioned on this thread, Jayden Hibbitt out of WVWU seems closest but certainly not the dominating figure that PA is. If he does go after Robinson, IMO, he seems confident that #1 will be back next year.
            Hibbitt and Alston aren't even in the same universe.

Hibbitt is a nice player but he's your typical tall, skinny small forward.

Danny is going to have be able to combat Porterfield and Sulaiman next year. He's going to need some muscle.

Comment

Lol good one.
              my uneducated guess is yoakum and robinson will try d1.
              ????watson is not a fit.
              Satterfield better fit for different system

Comment

Hibbitt and Alston aren't even in the same universe.

Hibbitt is a nice player but he's your typical tall, skinny small forward.

Danny is going to have be able to combat Porterfield and Sulaiman next year. He's going to need some muscle.
                At the D2 level the universe of experienced, athletic large bodies is very thinly populated. You don't get any from HS talent and going over my list of TP candidates, it is Hibbitt or a recovered Moe Williams from KUTZ. And no we don't want Kyle Whippen et. al. back in the Valley

Comment

I don't know if he will, but given how Nova's roster is built, I think all could find a place there. Seems like Crutch realizes that trying to bring in 15 players with everything skillsets is difficult if not impossible. More important to build a team that has the full range of skills. Seek players that check as many blocks as possible, but don't turn down players that are outstanding in many categories but challenged in a small number of others.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I don't know if he will, but given how Nova's roster is built, I think all could find a place there. Seems like Crutch realizes that trying to bring in 15 players with everything skillsets is difficult if not impossible. More important to build a team that has the full range of skills. Seek players that check as many blocks as possible, but don't turn down players that are outstanding in many categories but challenged in a small number of others.
                    I question your assumption that Crutch has changed his recruiting philosophy. Why don't you email him to confirm?

I watched hs highlights of 6-10 hunter and he had a good all around skill set. Watched sylla at st rose before he committed to Nova- complete skill set. Watched sunahara in akron-canton pro-am league and he is very complete player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I question your assumption that Crutch has changed his recruiting philosophy. Why don't you email him to confirm?

I watched hs highlights of 6-10 hunter and he had a good all around skill set. Watched sylla at st rose before he committed to Nova- complete skill set. Watched sunahara in akron-canton pro-am league and he is very complete player.
                      Hahahaha! I'm sure Crutch would answer a random email from a fan questioning if he had changed his recruting philosophy since leaving WLU. IF (BIG if) he responded at all, I would bet he would say no, his recruting style had not changed. About zippy chance he would say, "Yea, I decided that I was wrong in how I built the Topper teams over the 10 years I was there. I now realize it's better, from a post season standpoint to have a range of skilled players that give me the option of matching up better when the competition improves and our opponent is able to take away what we are able to do against lesser opponents during the regular season."

Think I'll pop off an email to him. I'll let you know if he responds. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahaha! I'm sure Crutch would answer a random email from a fan questioning if he had changed his recruting philosophy since leaving WLU. IF (BIG if) he responded at all, I would bet he would say no, his recruting style had not changed. About zippy chance he would say, "Yea, I decided that I was wrong in how I built the Topper teams over the 10 years I was there. I now realize it's better, from a post season standpoint to have a range of skilled players that give me the option of matching up better when the competition improves and our opponent is able to take away what we are able to do against lesser opponents during the regular season."

Think I'll pop off an email to him. I'll let you know if he responds. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!
                        If he answers, he would tell you the truth. He is neither insecure nor a narcissist; those folks are incapable of admitting a mistake or that they were wrong.

But I imagine he has bigger fish to fry right now.

Comment

• Cannady / Mercyhurst

If memory serves he started with Danny at Wheeling.

Comment

Cannady / Mercyhurst

If memory serves he started with Danny at Wheeling.
                            From a look at his stats something seemed to happen in the last three LAKERS games that cut back on his playing time. As a starter in every game he averaged 29 mpg until the two MILL games and IUP when he played 24, 19 and 11 minutes. '18-'19 @WJU started 28 games led in assts and steals. '19-20 @ 'HURST, post DS ouster, bench player 6.4 ppg. '20-'21 @ 'HURST bench player 9.5 ppg in 13 game season. '21-'22 @ HURST starter 11.5 ppg.
                            I would personally prefer DS not pursue him. As a native of Bowie MD, he could probably hook up with BSU since he played hs ball at St Vincent Pallotti about 10 miles from campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

From a look at his stats something seemed to happen in the last three LAKERS games that cut back on his playing time. As a starter in every game he averaged 29 mpg until the two MILL games and IUP when he played 24, 19 and 11 minutes. '18-'19 @WJU started 28 games led in assts and steals. '19-20 @ 'HURST, post DS ouster, bench player 6.4 ppg. '20-'21 @ 'HURST bench player 9.5 ppg in 13 game season. '21-'22 @ HURST starter 11.5 ppg.
                              I would personally prefer DS not pursue him. As a native of Bowie MD, he could probably hook up with BSU since he played hs ball at St Vincent Pallotti about 10 miles from campus.
                              His scoring really cooled off in the second half. Oddly, his last really big game was against Cal (29 points).

He vanished in the three games against IUP - scoring just 1, 5 and 0 points.

I'd agree something was up down the stretch. His minutes were decimated in the final three games -- their biggest three games of the year.

Comment

• WV State has offered Satterfield

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X