Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

From the number of players who are on this list with just one year left, close to a majority, the answer is apparently, yes. As time goes by and the end results of the TP experience become apparent, I'd guess that number will drop a lot. Beyond what the players want, which coach really wants to disrupt team unity by bringing in a short term outsider. Possible exception would be the Preston Boswell type who have a previous relationship with the coach.
    There are many, many coaches who enter each year on very thin ice. They need a set number of wins to keep their job. That's where a lot of the one-year mercenary types find homes.

I'd agree with you that in an established program, that 'one-year guy' better be vetted to the point of being a near can't miss -- and, I don't mean talent. You already know he's good or you wouldn't be looking at him. He better not be a cancer. The portal is a dangerous game.

Comment

• West Chester just lost two:

Kyle McGee
      Tim Myarick

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There are many, many coaches who enter each year on very thin ice. They need a set number of wins to keep their job. That's where a lot of the one-year mercenary types find homes.

I'd agree with you that in an established program, that 'one-year guy' better be vetted to the point of being a near can't miss -- and, I don't mean talent. You already know he's good or you wouldn't be looking at him. He better not be a cancer. The portal is a dangerous game.
        Good points.
        Even for secure coaches, the portal is a necessity if you lose productive upperclassmen. If you replace them with hs players, in 2 years your secure job will become insecure.

imho successful coaches require chemistry fit before even considering skill.

Comment

• Petyon Mortellite / Bloomsburg

Comment

Petyon Mortellite / Bloomsburg
            He graduated again this year. He left Bloom with 2 Master's Degrees in 6 years. He has been on the team since 2016, redshirt, medical redshirt, covid, and played 3 years, should have 1 year left if he wants his doctorate. He has been in the portal in the past 2 years, but I didn't see it this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
              The Whippen brothers are in the portal -- looking for their third school in as many years.
              Last edited by Feedoggie; 03-22-2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Slay and Dade / West Chester

Those are two big losses.

I think that puts the Rams in the 5-6 range of departures.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                  Pat Robinson has entered the transfer portal
                  Landed at College of Charleston.

Comment

• Eric Bass // Cal U

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Many players COULD, but is it really worth moving your entire life for one year?
                      If they're giving you a full ride for the year, it might very well be worthwhile.

Comment

• Per reports, more than 50 D1 schools have contacted Philip Alston.

The biggest names include Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Maryland, Florida and South Carolina.

Comment

Slay and Dade / West Chester

Those are two big losses.

I think that puts the Rams in the 5-6 range of departures.

Comment

• Pitt up to 5 in the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Pitt up to 5 in the portal
                              Who are the 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Who are the 5?
                                Collier
                                Horton
                                Oladapo