• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Luke Powell / West Liberty
    Mass exodus!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mass exodus!
      I know you're just trying to troll Boat here, but you're not wrong. Some of these are very much expected (Powell/Watson not getting the minutes, Yoakum graduating and moving on, etc.). But others are a bit more surprising (Robinson & Satterfield to name two). And I have to say that it is slightly troubling. It might be a signal that there needs to be a sea-change regarding how to use the redshirt. It may not be an effective tool anymore if it fails to accomplish the goal of developing a player (because instead of developing he just leaves!).

Tough offseason for the Toppers. But like you said about Gary up in Erie, I do suspect Howlett will regroup quickly. He certainly did when Crutch left and a few major pieces left with him (including MEC Freshman of the Year Dave Dennis, Beau Justice, and at-that-time-star-recruit Nick Smith who is now the engine driving Nova's run). After that exodus, Howlett reloaded right away. Hope that's true once again!

Comment

• Yeah, kids nowadays don't like to be pushed much. I think coaches in my days used to go overboard with the hard guy stuff, but now the pendulum might be swinging too much the other way. And with the post-pandemic discipline problems going on at a lot of high schools, I don't imagine it will be easier for coaches in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Nicholas Lang / Mercyhurst

That's all three starting guards ... wow
          Something smells off at the MAC ??

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
            Phil Alston officially in the transfer portal. My guess is he ends up in at least the A-10.
            A huge, but totally expected, loss. If DS can hold on to the remainder of his core players (Lucas, Collins, Borden, Palek, Slaughter, Jimerson, Hall ) pick up a high quality transfer or two ( Hibbett, McIntosh, Anderson) and get a few decent recruits, he'll have another competitive team come November.

Comment

• A popular guy...

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022...tering-portal/

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                Phil Alston officially in the transfer portal. My guess is he ends up in at least the A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I have zero knowledge about what goes on with most of these teams and wouldn't even attempt to speculate, but you do have to wonder what's up when you see three important players leave a successful team like this.
                      The three Mercyhurst transfer portal players are all seniors academically and will be graduating. They all walked on Senior night so I think it was known that they would test the waters with their grad transfer year.

Comment

• Interesting name for MEC people just popped up on the D1 transfer portal.

Devin Collins, who was a tremendous player at Chapmanville HS, is leaving Marshall and entering the portal. I am thinking he will go down a level of ball. He is a tall player with excellent shooting range. I could see him at University of Charleston, Concord or West Liberty (as his style does fit WL). I am very interested in seeing where he lands. I think he could be an all-conference player in the MEC.

Comment

• And Jeremy Dillon has entered the portal as well. He is a former State Player of the Year in football as a QB but went to Marshall for basketball. Another guy I could see in the MEC.

He is welcome to come to AB and play football & basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by bvillejoe View Post

The three Mercyhurst transfer portal players are all seniors academically and will be graduating. They all walked on Senior night so I think it was known that they would test the waters with their grad transfer year.
                            Well, that offers some context. As I said, I claim zero knowledge about it.

Comment

• Interesting point. A lot of our commentators have begun to point out how some traditionally weak schools such as SHU, LHU, WVWU etc are going to become feeder schools to the WLU and IUP's of the world. Well given the player that Ryan Hawkins (NWMSU/CREIGHTON) turned out to be and the potential for Alston to contribute a lot to the right team, how long will it be before the top D2 schools start losing some talent to D1s in need of one missing part for one or two seasons.

Comment

• Kofi Osei

Mercyhurst

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X