Mansfield 2
    Notre Dame 1
    Seton Hill 2
    Shepherd 1
    VA State 1
    West Chester 2
    WV Wesleyan 3
    Wheeling 1
    What's most interesting are the PSAC teams NOT on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What's most interesting are the PSAC teams NOT on that list.
      What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What's your point?
        Without attempting to speak for him, I'm guessing he notices that most of the league's top finishers (outside of quarterfinalist Cal) are not heavily represented on the transfer list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Without attempting to speak for him, I'm guessing he notices that most of the league's top finishers (outside of quarterfinalist Cal) are not heavily represented on the transfer list.

Four of the teams are still playing. Typically, that 72-hour window after their last game is the danger zone for players leaving.

And, it's not always the player 'wanting' to leave but rather is told he's no longer in the plans. Remember scholarships are a year-by-year deal.

Of the four teams from the PSAC still alive, Mercyhurst (along with Cal) has oddly been hit with many departures the past couple seasons.

Obviously, the elephant in the room is it appears the bottom schools are being used as the minor leagues. Play well, and, well, ... get on the first bus out of town toward greener pastures.

And, frankly, some of the programs just have horrible cultures. So, you can't blame the kids for wanting to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What's your point?
            Really?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Really?
              Yes, really!!! Those teams are still playing so why would they have players in the portal already! Common sense... use it!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Four of the teams are still playing. Typically, that 72-hour window after their last game is the danger zone for players leaving.

And, it's not always the player 'wanting' to leave but rather is told he's no longer in the plans. Remember scholarships are a year-by-year deal.

Of the four teams from the PSAC still alive, Mercyhurst (along with Cal) has oddly been hit with many departures the past couple seasons.

Obviously, the elephant in the room is it appears the bottom schools are being used as the minor leagues. Play well, and, well, ... get on the first bus out of town toward greener pastures.

And, frankly, some of the programs just have horrible cultures. So, you can't blame the kids for wanting to leave.
                Just sayin'. I wasn't the original poster. East Stroud, California, and Ship are not playing, and all were pretty decent teams this year. I know little about the culture of most of the programs in the league. Obviously, things aren't working out so well for some schools, but it's hard to build much of anything when you're constantly losing players. I'm sure some players saw the writing on the wall (perhaps not much PT) and left, but I doubt coaches were telling players with the potential of Justice Smith and Moe Williams to hit the bricks. Kids are gonna go where they wanna go. That's the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                    everyone having an extra season of eligibility
                    That extra year of eligibility or the lost year really hurt Bloom. Bloom lost a 6'7" and a 6'9" player to graduation after the cancelled season, and another 6'9" player to the European pros. All would have made a difference if they had a season in 2020 or this year. The lost year and not knowing who is coming back for the extra year, probably affected recruiting.

Comment

• Since only 16 teams are still playing it should mean that this thread will get busy. Anyone hear anything ??

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        Since only 16 teams are still playing it should mean that this thread will get busy. Anyone hear anything ??
                        The name I heard all weekend from Cal fans was (no big surprise) Phillip Alston. They all seemed to think this is his last dance in D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The name I heard all weekend from Cal fans was (no big surprise) Phillip Alston. They all seemed to think this is his last dance in D2.
                          Cal is nothing without him. No beef!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

• The stats are hard to find but from watching him all season his short game (+/-15ft) is actually pretty good. If you deduct his 3pt shots from his FGs his average goes to .59% and that not all layups and jams. His value at a solid, but not major, D1 program would be as a #3 scorer and #2 rebounder. He stays healthy and puts in time, with surprising speed and ball-handling skills. He plays solid defense, when he's motivated, and seems to be a pleasure to coach. I don't follow D1 closely enough to suggest any team but from my point of view the farther the VULCANS go the more likely he is to be noticed. My best hope is that he likes being a big frog in a small pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The stats are hard to find but from watching him all season his short game (+/-15ft) is actually pretty good. If you deduct his 3pt shots from his FGs his average goes to .59% and that not all layups and jams. His value at a solid, but not major, D1 program would be as a #3 scorer and #2 rebounder. He stays healthy and puts in time, with surprising speed and ball-handling skills. He plays solid defense, when he's motivated, and seems to be a pleasure to coach. I don't follow D1 closely enough to suggest any team but from my point of view the farther the VULCANS go the more likely he is to be noticed. My best hope is that he likes being a big frog in a small pond.
                                I hope for you guys he stays around. Ship had the benefit of Dustin Sleva staying around a couple of years ago. He grew and developed tremendously in college and obviously would have been good enough his last couple of years to play at a small Division I program. He's apparently doing quite well playing pro ball in Paris.

There are quite a few D2 players who have wicked skills. I think a lot of people who don't watch the small-college game would be surprised at the ability of some of the players. The main difference between big-time college ball and D2 is that the big-time guys also have the wicked skills and for the most part are bigger and stronger on average.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X