Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcer said we only had one guy play 20 minutes. Huge with a quick turnaround

Comment

• I can’t believe that big guy played as much as he did

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

No disrespect, but we lost to a great team and it didn't turned out the way we'd like. WL is a better team obviously and your own team found that out too. We are glad that we made it to Evansville so there's nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck the rest of the way to WL, you guys deserve the victory.
        Absolutely, getting to the Elite 8 is a big deal. And I don’t think anyone meant to disrespect your program. We’ve just seen up close what a high level WL is currently playing at.

Comment

• I just got back from the game and the first thing I heard an NCAA official say was "This was a bad matchup for New Haven", as I forecasted earlier the elite 8 has a lot to do with matchups. I spoke with Crutch before the game and he told me that WL should win this game comfortably from what he's scouted.

Comment

• Anyone know where to find the post game presser?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopperNation View Post
              I just got back from the game and the first thing I heard an NCAA official say was "This was a bad matchup for New Haven", as I forecasted earlier the elite 8 has a lot to do with matchups. I spoke with Crutch before the game and he told me that WL should win this game comfortably from what he's scouted.
              Any half-court team will have a very difficult time with WL right now. They are too hot.

If they get to play Jesus on Saturday that will be some show. I may have to even tune in to watch.

Comment

• Early thoughts on Black Hills is I’m nervous. Predicting a dogfight

Comment

• Any ideas on how to improve attendance for these games? Would love to see some rocking atmospheres

Comment

• Speaking of dogfights Crutch is in one

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                      Any ideas on how to improve attendance for these games? Would love to see some rocking atmospheres
                      It's tough. Neutral court D2 games draw about as well as a ping pong match in a Florida retirement community. Outside of the direct fanbases there's just little to no interest. It's a shame.

It's a long haul to get out there if you don't fly. Expensive either way.

The final typically does better (but still is usually pretty bad unless a somewhat local team makes it).

You figure if Nova and WL play Saturday ... you'll get your diehards but to expect a big contingent likely isn't going to happen.

I'd suspect you'll have some scouts there from D1 programs. All week, actually. They may not just be looking at players. If Ben survives another off-season there I'll be amazed. He has to be on the mid-majors radar.

Comment

• I’ll be surprised if he’s back next year and I’m not real confident in the guys in our ranks to take over yet

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

No disrespect, but we lost to a great team and it didn't turned out the way we'd like. WL is a better team obviously and your own team found that out too. We are glad that we made it to Evansville so there's nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck the rest of the way to WL, you guys deserve the victory.
                          Thanks for the classy post, UNH Chargers. It's definitely an accomplishment to make an Elite 8--it's never something to take for granted. Anything can happen in March and it's so hard to get back here. Great season by your Chargers.

Comment

• That bigs fourth foul may have saved Crutch's season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's tough. Neutral court D2 games draw about as well as a ping pong match in a Florida retirement community. Outside of the direct fanbases there's just little to no interest. It's a shame.

It's a long haul to get out there if you don't fly. Expensive either way.

The final typically does better (but still is usually pretty bad unless a somewhat local team makes it).

You figure if Nova and WL play Saturday ... you'll get your diehards but to expect a big contingent likely isn't going to happen.

I'd suspect you'll have some scouts there from D1 programs. All week, actually. They may not just be looking at players. If Ben survives another off-season there I'll be amazed. He has to be on the mid-majors radar.
                              I remember in 2015 when Bellarmine reached the national semifinals in Evansville, only to lose to Florida Southern. Bellarmine brought tons of fans to the Ford Center for the quarterfinals and semifinals, and that atmosphere was electric. For that Florida Southern v IUP championship game ... not so much.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Thanks for the classy post, UNH Chargers. It's definitely an accomplishment to make an Elite 8--it's never something to take for granted. Anything can happen in March and it's so hard to get back here. Great season by your Chargers.
                                It was clear even before the game what New Haven would be up against. WL goes 10-deep, runs everywhere, and has all kinds of offense and a pretty good defense too. WL had New Haven, a team that starts four seniors, indecisive and confused for a good part of the game. You guys are damn good and it isn’t just your system, you’re a legit 10-deep team. There’s no letup in that lineup.

New Haven has never made it this far before, and the 23 wins I think is the third-most they ever had. Great season, but WL is just at a different level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X