Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You'd sure think Manchel is making much more than $106,000. He should be in the Lombardi range.

I'd bet the new SH coach is in the $75,000 to $80,000 range.
    Yeah he's probably somewhere in between. I bet $125,000 as a ballpark. Lombardi notwithstanding, the head coaching salaries in the PSAC aren't that crazy. And they're also public. So Mercyhurst knows what the standard is for this conference - and you're darn right they communicate that during negotiations that they can go cheap if they have to. Assistants in the PSAC are getting more and more scarce - especially full time assistants. We're entering the era where you're promoting an assistant who works at the outlets in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah he's probably somewhere in between. I bet $125,000 as a ballpark. Lombardi notwithstanding, the head coaching salaries in the PSAC aren't that crazy. And they're also public. So Mercyhurst knows what the standard is for this conference - and you're darn right they communicate that during negotiations that they can go cheap if they have to. Assistants in the PSAC are getting more and more scarce - especially full time assistants. We're entering the era where you're promoting an assistant who works at the outlets in the offseason.
      I've just lost track of Joe's assistants over the years. He's had a lot of good ones (who keep moving up) but they are in and out of here so fast it's hard to keep up. Ron Fudala actually stayed for several years and is now a head coach (he's also credited with landing many of Joe's top recruits).

I get that when you're a young assistant in D2 your main goal is to NOT be an assistant in D2 for very long. Cool job, perhaps, but it's not real cool on the bank account. They have to keep moving up to get the more lucrative salaries.

If I was Edinboro I'd make a heavy play for Lamberti down at West Liberty. Now, he's (my guess) going to be a little picky where he goes. But, if I was Edinboro, I'd sure at least make a phone call.

Another interesting name is Patrick Grubbs up at UPJ. I'd guess he's in his mid-30s but has 8 seasons under Rukavina (and also was a star player under Rukavina). Now, it's possible he may be the heir apparent in Johnstown if Rukavina ever actually retires.

John Sanow (formerly the HC at Bloomsburg) also was a volunteer assistant this past year at UPJ. I wouldn't doubt he tries to land another job in the conference.

I still think -- based on Edinboro's situation -- they should go after KR -- hard. Now, would that be the job to bring him out of Point Park? Hard to say. But, he can win with next to nothing. You know what you're getting in to with him, but, he does win.

Comment

I've just lost track of Joe's assistants over the years. He's had a lot of good ones (who keep moving up) but they are in and out of here so fast it's hard to keep up. Ron Fudala actually stayed for several years and is now a head coach (he's also credited with landing many of Joe's top recruits).

I get that when you're a young assistant in D2 your main goal is to NOT be an assistant in D2 for very long. Cool job, perhaps, but it's not real cool on the bank account. They have to keep moving up to get the more lucrative salaries.

If I was Edinboro I'd make a heavy play for Lamberti down at West Liberty. Now, he's (my guess) going to be a little picky where he goes. But, if I was Edinboro, I'd sure at least make a phone call.

Another interesting name is Patrick Grubbs up at UPJ. I'd guess he's in his mid-30s but has 8 seasons under Rukavina (and also was a star player under Rukavina). Now, it's possible he may be the heir apparent in Johnstown if Rukavina ever actually retires.

John Sanow (formerly the HC at Bloomsburg) also was a volunteer assistant this past year at UPJ. I wouldn't doubt he tries to land another job in the conference.

I still think -- based on Edinboro's situation -- they should go after KR -- hard. Now, would that be the job to bring him out of Point Park? Hard to say. But, he can win with next to nothing. You know what you're getting in to with him, but, he does win.
        Lamberti only made $36k and change in 2022 (latest data available). Sanow was probably being paid out - unless he was desperate to keep coaching by any means necessary.

KR is unhappy at Point Park from what I've been told, but that may be more about working at Point Park and how NAIA life is compared to running the roost at SRU. I've heard some sketchy stories about what he and Bobby McGraw got away with at Slip (Lutz too) before the current AD was hired.

The current Edinboro AD likes to keep things familiar, so my money is on LeMoyne assistant Ben Swank. The football search started and ended with her personal network through Clemson and Westminster.

Comment

Bloomsburg’s website currently lists one full-time assistant and one student assistant on their staff page under Bess. Perhaps next year they’ll ditch the student assistant and just have one of the upperclassman players serve as a player-coach.

Comment

Glenville State is open

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
              Glenville State is open
              Coach leave or get canned?

Comment

Glenville State is open
                Fee or Lamberti
                One or the other

Comment

Left to be assistant at Marshall I believe he’s engaged to Stephens

Comment

Left to be assistant at Marshall I believe he’s engaged to Stephens
                    That must have been part of her negotiations lol.

Comment

I have no knowledge of this personally, but JDon mentioned on the Kim Stephens thread that Caldwell and Stephens are a pair, so it's possible he's heading with her to Marshall. Whether that means he'll assist with the men there, take a job at a Huntington area high school, or something else, it's possible he left GSU of his own accord to follow Stephens.

Edit: Layton beat me to it (and with more definitive information). So there you go.

Comment

Glenville State is open
                        And here come the transfers.

Comment

And here come the transfers.
                          They can rejoin society.

Comment

Word is a Gannon hire will be announced very soon.

Potential to be a very good one.

Comment

Word is a Gannon hire will be announced very soon.

Potential to be a very good one.

Tom Reisenweber
                              @ETNreisenweber

·A few sources have told me Gannon is calling for a news conference at 10 am tomorrow for a major announcement in athletics. I'm betting it's to announce a new men's basketball coach and Gannon fans are going to be excited about the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

The West is about to change.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X