Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
      Here come all the Florida studs to Erie!!! Hahahah kidding
      More like Ohio.

Crutch and WL love them some Ohio kids.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

More like Ohio.

If he can create a Kennedy Catholic pipeline that would be something to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

KR is 100% out! Fee and Jennings were the two finalists.
          who's Jennings?

Comment

RUMOR MILL: Gary Manchel is supposedly getting "serious interest" from some D1 schools. I've heard this from a few people (some much more reliable than others lol but 2 of them good sources) now and someone else added that it is the reason Hurst is losing a bunch of kids (because they're of the impression he's leaving).

Comment

RUMOR MILL: Gary Manchel is supposedly getting "serious interest" from some D1 schools. I've heard this from a few people (some much more reliable than others lol but 2 of them good sources) now and someone else added that it is the reason Hurst is losing a bunch of kids (because they're of the impression he's leaving).
              He is a great coach. I think his style would be acceptable to risk averse d1 ADs.

Comment

He was mentioned in several openings a year ago, too.

He's been there a long time. If it's going to happen it's going to happen quickly. It's already mid-April. He's getting up there in age. This could be his last shot.

Comment

who's Jennings?
                  Drexel assistant Justin Jennings. He played college ball at Penn State Behrend. He's from Cranberry. Brother played football at Slippery Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Drexel assistant Justin Jennings. He played college ball at Penn State Behrend. He's from Cranberry. Brother played football at Slippery Rock.
                    Yes, I didn't get the chance to respond right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

More like Ohio.

Just Gannon used to recruit, particularly in the old GLIAC days!

Comment

He'll flip it quick and be out of there in under 3 years.
                        Not so sure about that. I could see a 5 year departure, if only because the AD is utterly incompetent and if he turns miracles. Would love to know what is budget is for assistants. That's been one of the glaring gaps that it seems WBB is also facing.

But Fee was born in Erie, used to watch Gannon Games in mid aughts as a kid when they transitioned from GLIAC to PSAC, and wife's family is from Eastern Ohio. The main challenge he faces is Lisa demolished the fan and alumni base retaining Reilly as long as she did. He's got a huge mess, but given that he was lead on recruiting the NABC POTY this year and last, there's some hope here.

Interesting to see pictures from his first "practice" yesterday, which included at least 1 portal member.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Could be a glitch with Jefferson now suing for three years worth of salary. That ***** AD is a bigger moron than I thought for extending him through 2026.
                          The woman dismissed abuse from it's women's coach coming from players each year, because he had one family donating to the program. She's truly an imbecile.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

She’s the greatest but yet the only two coaches she hired was Jefferson and the football coach. Football coaches choked and Jefferson fired. Now add to it her coasting tge University 3 years of salary and lawyer fees.
                            Nope, she also hired Brunelli. Had three finalists: the now Michigan State Coach Robyn Fralick, Seton Hills current coach, and Brunelli. Says enough right there. Fralick won't national championship just a few years later at Ashland and in 10 years is a power 5 HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

Not so sure about that. I could see a 5 year departure, if only because the AD is utterly incompetent and if he turns miracles. Would love to know what is budget is for assistants. That's been one of the glaring gaps that it seems WBB is also facing.

But Fee was born in Erie, used to watch Gannon Games in mid aughts as a kid when they transitioned from GLIAC to PSAC, and wife's family is from Eastern Ohio. The main challenge he faces is Lisa demolished the fan and alumni base retaining Reilly as long as she did. He's got a huge mess, but given that he was lead on recruiting the NABC POTY this year and last, there's some hope here.

Interesting to see pictures from his first "practice" yesterday, which included at least 1 portal member.

He's the perfect age to do a quick flip and get out of D2. The window for D1 jobs doesn't last forever (and D2 jobs don't pay very much). I suspect he'll have a rough first year but should get going in his second and third years.

That system looks great when you watch Nova or WL run it. It's not going to look great the first year. It's going to take time to find the players who buy in to playing in the low 20s (minutes) per game, etc. I think he'll build and implement it much faster at Gannon than the process taking place at Bluefield. GU has superior finances, support, etc.

Comment

He's the perfect age to do a quick flip and get out of D2. The window for D1 jobs doesn't last forever (and D2 jobs don't pay very much). I suspect he'll have a rough first year but should get going in his second and third years.

That system looks great when you watch Nova or WL run it. It's not going to look great the first year. It's going to take time to find the players who buy in to playing in the low 20s (minutes) per game, etc. I think he'll build and implement it much faster at Gannon than the process taking place at Bluefield. GU has superior finances, support, etc.
                                I'll actually be glad to see someone running it in the PSAC. Outside of East Stroudsburg, we've been mostly a half-court league. Playing consistently against a WL-style team might help our teams when we run into that style out of conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X