Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Region 2023 (Men's)

Three teams from the Atlantic made the CBBNation247 Preseason Top 25. The poll is based on a weekly vote from selected coaches and athletic directors (several from each region) and will come out every Tuesday.

3. West Liberty
    4. IUP
    17. Mercyhurst

One of IUP's early non-conference opponents, St. Thomas Aquinas, is ranked No. 21.

Northwest Missouri State (1) and Nova Southeastern (2) have the top two spots.

So they basically took last year’s Final Top 25 poll and made it this year’s preseason poll?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
      So they basically took last year’s Final Top 25 poll and made it this year’s preseason poll?
      Pretty much.

Given neither IUP or Mercyhurst will even be favored to win the PSAC West ...

Comment

Cal U will feel slighted.

Comment

As the season is approaching, I'm becoming more interested in numerous storylines. Most notably, with a big roster overhaul, I want to see coach a new team, with new faces, in a clearly new chapter of IUP basketball. I think he's losing his fastball a little bit. So I'm intrigued to see the job he does with this team.

Comment

From a Regional perspective, I think Mercyhurst is also an interesting storyline. Gary Manchel is a good coach with a unique system. I suspect they'll be okay eventually, but I partly think they may have a few more growing pains than IUP. Cal is a real documented story for this year. It'll be different seeing a team in the PSAC attempting to play they want to play.

Less than a month away.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
              From a Regional perspective, I think Mercyhurst is also an interesting storyline. Gary Manchel is a good coach with a unique system. I suspect they'll be okay eventually, but I partly think they may have a few more growing pains than IUP. Cal is a real documented story for this year. It'll be different seeing a team in the PSAC attempting to play they want to play.

Less than a month away.
              Rock is an interesting story. Gonna be real good ... or a total f-ing trainwreck.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                They may get slighted in the coaches' poll, too, because they all hate Danny.

Obviously these mean nothing.

Comment

As the season is approaching, I'm becoming more interested in numerous storylines. Most notably, with a big roster overhaul, I want to see coach a new team, with new faces, in a clearly new chapter of IUP basketball. I think he's losing his fastball a little bit. So I'm intrigued to see the job he does with this team.
                  Last year was the first team Joe lost. He couldn't control Shawndale and that team steadily went down hill from mid-Jan on. He also didn't adjust a thing when they couldn't hit the side of a barn the last two months.

Comment

If going 32-2 is losing his fastball, what happens when a 21-9 season happens?

I think we've been spoiled the last 4-5 years- what's happened over this stretch isn't normal, even for IUP standards.

Comment

If going 32-2 is losing his fastball, what happens when a 21-9 season happens?

I think we've been spoiled the last 4-5 years- what's happened over this stretch isn't normal, even for IUP standards.
                      We may be about to find out.

Tough schedule ahead, and, unlike most years, I think several teams in the West can beat IUP this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Not until Danny's VULCANS actually win something. Expectations are cheap, only results count. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not until Danny's VULCANS actually win something. Expectations are cheap, only results count. Time will tell.
                          I’d consider a Sweet 16 winning something. But I see your point.

Comment

I’d consider a Sweet 16 winning something. But I see your point.
                            It's especially difficult when you walk by the case each day and see two NC TROPHIES sitting there. No doubt two entirely different games, but still the program was ELITE EIGHT as recently as the aughts so Lord willing and the Mon don't rise, I expect they'll be there again !!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Rock is an interesting story. Gonna be real good ... or a total f-ing trainwreck.
                              We've heard this before. Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X