Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have to order the Gannon vs WL game tomorrow. That should be an entertaining one.

Same with Cal vs Charleston.

Big day

Comment

• Day 1 was a dud. Four games. Four blowouts.

That's actually fairly rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        I may have to order the Gannon vs WL game tomorrow. That should be an entertaining one.

Same with Cal vs Charleston.

Big day
        I bit the bullet and bought the three-round pass. I figured that even if WLU didn't move on, there were going to be watchable match-ups regardless. Glad I did. Tomorrow's games should be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I bit the bullet and bought the three-round pass. I figured that even if WLU didn't move on, there were going to be watchable match-ups regardless. Glad I did. Tomorrow's games should be fun to watch.
          Hopefully they tip at different times?

Comment

• Attended both games tonight. The Hilltoppers' ball movement was much improved vs. what we've seen recently. If they move the ball like they did vs. Millersville, they can pull off the upset on Saturday night. I don't think the tempo/pressure/style will disproportionately benefit either team. Gannon definitely has the shooting/3P edge.

Comment

Day 1 was a dud. Four games. Four blowouts.

That's actually fairly rare.
              Yeah, usually there's at least one surprise the first day, but certainly not this year.

Stitzel is not going to beat a WL-Gannon style team often if he plays six guys. WL gassed him out without even shooting particularly well. Lincoln lost big at the foul line and with turnovers against Gannon.

The Cal-Charleston game should certainly be a contrast with WL-Gannon.

Comment

Hopefully they tip at different times?
                It appears they're simultaneous at 7:30. (Women's games must be at 5:00)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, usually there's at least one surprise the first day, but certainly not this year.
                  All the surprises were out West last night. The 1, 3, & 4 seeds all fell.

Comment

It appears they're simultaneous at 7:30. (Women's games must be at 5:00)
                    Unreal

Comment

Unreal
                      Yup. You'd have thought they would have coordinated to stagger them for the benefit of both the men's and women's fans.

Comment

Yup. You'd have thought they would have coordinated to stagger them for the benefit of both the men's and women's fans.
                        Dumbest thing. But, not really surprising. That would have been a great doubleheader for the 14 people on PPV.

I'm going to watch the WL/GU game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
                          Attended both games tonight. The Hilltoppers' ball movement was much improved vs. what we've seen recently. If they move the ball like they did vs. Millersville, they can pull off the upset on Saturday night. I don't think the tempo/pressure/style will disproportionately benefit either team. Gannon definitely has the shooting/3P edge.
                          I don't know that I'd really call WL winning an 'upset'. Gannon is probably favored by a very small margin.

I'm actually curious to see how Gannon 'handles' the pressure. The last time they were pressed was probably in November. Pressing teams don't like to be pressed.

Gannon also has rarely played from behind this year.

The elephant in the room obviously is neither team can pull any real surprises. They both run essentially the same offense and defense.

That said, Gannon has some advantages in this game. I think Gannon is deeper (odd to say) and shoots incredibly well. Size-wise they are built about the same. Omajafo is going to be a major problem for WL. Sarson may be fouled out by the first media timeout. He needs to keep his composure.

WL has an edge in big-game experience. The Hilltoppers also don't have any pressure. Often times you see the host play pretty tight on this stage in the early moments.

Tough game to bet. I'd sure be nervous placing any actual coin on it.

I can see Gannon winning by double digits. I can see WL winning a tight one.

Comment

• The 'day of' lines:

Gannon -3.5

California -2.5

Over/Under Gannon vs WL (combined points) 172.5

Over/Under California points 74.5

Prop bets:

Gannon or WL, which will commit more turnovers

Which team, Gannon or WL, will have more made treys

Comment

• What's the vibe up in Erie? That gym isn't big and WL travels well. Is it sold out already?

Comment

• I'll bite:

Gannon -3.5 vs. WLU (I think Gannon wins, but I'll take the points)

California -2.5 vs. Charleston (Same. I'll take the points--this will be a grinder)

Over/Under Gannon vs WL (combined points) 172.5

Over/Under California points 74.5

Prop bets:

Gannon or WL, which will commit more turnovers

Which team, Gannon or WL, will have more made treys

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X