Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Not sure about the women (unfortunately WLU hasn't given us much opportunity to care about the women's tourney recently).

But the men traditionally play Saturday-Sunday-Tuesday (with exceptions made for religious schools, venue issues, etc.). Just not sure which exception hit our region this round.

Unless you're right that the women typically play Friday and because Gannon is doing a men's/women's quadruple-header that dragged the men to Friday? Could be. Not sure. As I said, I haven't had much call to pay attention to the women's tournament since the like of Kailee Howe & Kiki Simpson were in the black and gold.
    I'm glad you mentioned it. I had no idea they were playing today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's hilarious. I'm sure it will do really well at the pay-per-view office lol.
      It's $10 a game. Or $30 for all-access. But if you read the fine print on the "all-access" option it says it includes only the first 3 rounds. So if you make the Elite8 they're gonna hit you up for cash once again.

Shameful.

Comment

It's $10 a game. Or $30 for all-access. But if you read the fine print on the "all-access" option it says it includes only the first 3 rounds. So if you make the Elite8 they're gonna hit you up for cash once again.

Shameful.
        It's $49.95 for the men's and women's combo pass.

What a scam lol

Comment

It's $49.95 for the men's and women's combo pass.

What a scam lol
          Wow. All that revenue they raked in from the dozens of people who bought the football playoffs must have convinced them that gouging a tiny subset of college sports fans is the way to go.

It appears I have watched my last Division II hoops game until the televised end of the tournament, provided I care to watch any of the teams who are left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Wow. All that revenue they raked in from the dozens of people who bought the football playoffs must have convinced them that gouging a tiny subset of college sports fans is the way to go.

It appears I have watched my last Division II hoops game until the televised end of the tournament, provided I care to watch any of the teams who are left.
            Agreed. I'll be watching Pitt vs North Carolina tonight.

Comment

Jerry Palm has the Panthers in the First Four in his latest bracket update. Lunardi still has them among the first four out.

Comment

Yeah, I guess about the only way I'll see regional action now is in person. But since it's in Erie this year I'm going to give that a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, I guess about the only way I'll see regional action now is in person. But since it's in Erie this year I'm going to give that a pass.
                  Yep. They ruined about 9 people's Friday night lol

Comment

• You really want to get into what is 'shameful'? NCAA revenue breakdown is approximately $1.155 billion (as of the 2021 figures), which includes Television and marketing rights, Championship and NIT tournaments, Investment income, Sales, services, loss of revenue insurance and contributions.

The NCAA's expenses were $1.033 billion for that timeframe:

NCAA Division I: 363 schools (32 % of the NCAA's Schools);
                    NCAA Division II: 313 schools (28% of the NCAA's Schools)
                    NCAA Division III: 442 schools (41% of of all NCAA's schools)

Distributions for Championships and programs:

Division I: 92.45%
                    Division II: 4.37%
                    Division III: 3.18%

All NCAA members pay the same in "membership"

For the NCAA to "Nickel and Dime" NCAA Division II and III championships and make families, fans, etc pay to watch is abhorrent.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockPride View Post
                      You really want to get into what is 'shameful'? NCAA revenue breakdown is approximately $1.155 billion (as of the 2021 figures), which includes Television and marketing rights, Championship and NIT tournaments, Investment income, Sales, services, loss of revenue insurance and contributions.

For the NCAA to "Nickel and Dime" NCAA Division II and III championships and make families, fans, etc pay to watch is abhorrent.

I almost wish I didn’t know that. Now I’m definitely not buying in. I did buy the “all access” football pass but I thought that cost was at least reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockPride View Post
                        You really want to get into what is 'shameful'? NCAA revenue breakdown is approximately $1.155 billion (as of the 2021 figures), which includes Television and marketing rights, Championship and NIT tournaments, Investment income, Sales, services, loss of revenue insurance and contributions.

PASSHE schools aren't going to catch much of a break. We have hundreds of thousands of alumni, many of them who have remained in Pa., yet we're virtually invisible in the state's media, whether it be for academic coverage or for sports. That is, of course, unless you have a murder near the campus or a university employee has embezzled money, etc. Then they're all over your campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I almost wish I didn’t know that. Now I’m definitely not buying in. I did buy the “all access” football pass but I thought that cost was at least reasonable.
                          When Joe played in the Final Four two years ago several of the bars uptown had the game (they were free that year up until the Final Four).

Of course, going that route ends up costing you about 3-4 times what it would to just get the PPV. Lol

I haven't seen any advertising a 'watch party' like they did then.

Comment

When Joe played in the Final Four two years ago several of the bars uptown had the game (they were free that year up until the Final Four).

Of course, going that route ends up costing you about 3-4 times what it would to just get the PPV. Lol

I haven't seen any advertising a 'watch party' like they did then.
                            Yup. There are watch parties at local bars, but I'm going to pay way more than $10 a game in wings/beer if I do that.

Comment

Also, is it me or is the pay-per-viewing new? I seem to recall watching the whole dang tourney for free last year. Why are they trying to nickel and dime us when there's very little audience for D2 basketball in the first place (at least relative to D1)?
                              The NCAA announced this months ago. They changed how they would be broadcasting the championships for D2 football and both basketball tournaments. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to upload the picture I have saying this but they made an agreement with Warner Brothers Discovery and Hudl to broadcast every part of the 2024 men’s and women’s tournies except the semis and finals.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TheBigCat2192; 03-15-2024, 05:10 PM. Reason: Removed busted image upload

Comment

• Cal and Gannon both win by blowout.

Charleston is obliterating Concord.

WL and Millersville pretty tight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X