Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frosty55 View Post
    haven in, concord out.
    What’s your rationale? Concord was ranked ahead of Lock Haven in Wednesday’s ranking. They both lost today. Why does Haven hop Concord?

Comment

haven in, concord out.
      The real choice is does Haven get in over ESU?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The real choice is does Haven get in over ESU?
        I don't think Concord is a shoe-in just yet. I'd say there are 3 teams vying for 2 spots (ESU-Lock Haven-Concord). And for about 30 minutes last night, Concord was feeling pretty good about their chances. But now they're right back where they started on the bubble.

Inkblot's Performance Indicators (which have been pretty accurate in predicting the field over the years) show ESU & Lock Haven in right now and Concord out. And not one of those teams can do anything to alter their own fate today, so if that holds, it's Concord who's on the outside looking in.

Comment

• Concord is 0-5 vs teams currently in the field. Haven has 2 wins over esu, 1 over ville. I'm not even sure of the criteria, I just believe haven is the better team and can actually steal a game vs the top 2.

Comment

Concord is 0-5 vs teams currently in the field. Haven has 2 wins over esu, 1 over ville. I'm not even sure of the criteria, I just believe haven is the better team and can actually steal a game vs the top 2.
            Lock Haven should be punching itself today. They could (perhaps should) have won yesterday. That rediculous technical haunted them the whole day. If Shoates plays the whole game (or his normal average minutes) they probably would have won. The second technical sure didn't help, either.

Keep in mind LH has 3-4 more losses than ESU and Concord -- including some head-scratchers. Yes, LH is 2-0 against ESU and that should carry weight. ESU also went out of the tournament in Round 2 and is 1-5 against ranked teams. It's going to be tight.

West Liberty was as bad as I've ever seen them for 30 minutes and Concord still couldn't beat them.

Comment

• I'd be pretty surprised if East Stroudsburg gets in. It seems to me that it's most likely to be Concord and either WVSU or Lock Haven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                I'd be pretty surprised if East Stroudsburg gets in. It seems to me that it's most likely to be Concord and either WVSU or Lock Haven.
                Your own metrics still have ESU sitting in the 6 spot as of last night. Granted, not everything comes down to the numbers. Would you say there's some non-metrical factors working against ESU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Your own metrics still have ESU sitting in the 6 spot as of last night. Granted, not everything comes down to the numbers. Would you say there's some non-metrical factors working against ESU?
                  They're 1-5 against RPI top-10 opponents, which will be tough to overcome. At the very least I'd expect them to be behind Lock Haven, with similar numbers and a head-to-head sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Human factor doesn't show up on any metrics.

ESU is very good but just struggled against good teams.

LH sweeping them has to mean something.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Human factor doesn't show up on any metrics.

ESU is very good but just struggled against good teams.

LH sweeping them has to mean something.
                      Oh I definitely think LH is in. It's Concord and WVSU I'm suspect about. And I think ESU has a case that they're better than both of those teams.

Comment

• My thoroughly uneducated 2 cents as of right now:

1. Gannon
                        2. Cal
                        3. Charleston
                        4. WLU (especially if they win today)
                        5. Millersville (you could possibly flip-flop these two if WLU loses today)
                        6. Lock Haven
                        7. ESU
                        8. Lincoln

Concord & WVSU on the outside looking in

Comment

• I get the general argument for including Lock Haven over Concord, but just looking at the most recent rankings, Lock Haven (#8) was behind Concord (#7). What has happened since then to change that ordering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
                            I get the general argument for including Lock Haven over Concord, but just looking at the most recent rankings, Lock Haven (#8) was behind Concord (#7). What has happened since then to change that ordering?
                            We should be like D1 and in a effort to not hurt feelings have a play-in game Wednesday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
                              I get the general argument for including Lock Haven over Concord, but just looking at the most recent rankings, Lock Haven (#8) was behind Concord (#7). What has happened since then to change that ordering?
                              Rankings staying the same isn't always a safe assumption, even when it looks like nothing has changed.

Comment

• Entertaining first half. It’s a fun game to watch and has some good flow to it. Gannon really seems to live and die by the 3 and transition buckets. Cal is more comfortable in the half court game. I wouldn’t be surprised if these two tip it off for a fourth time later this month.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X