Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I would fear WVSU in the MEC. Right now, they're probably on the outside looking in. But they've proven they can play with the heavyweights. They're notoriously unfocused throughout a long season, but there's nothing like a win-or-go-home setting to dial in your focus.

I'd watch out for WVSU to make a run at being a bid-stealer.
    I remember watching the NCAA game two years ago when they upset WL at the KCAC. The next night they had Cal dead in the water but fell apart late.

Certainly a dangerous team when focused.

Comment

• This is the first year in some time that several teams are still in the mix to host. It's going to be interesting.

I tend to think Gannon and Cal will play again in the PSAC Final.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        This is the first year in some time that several teams are still in the mix to host. It's going to be interesting.

I tend to think Gannon and Cal will play again in the PSAC Final.
        Three teams have a shot at hosting the NCAA Regionals, two loss Gannon, and three loss Charleston and Cal. Currently, Gannon controls their own destiny and will host if they take care of business and win out. For Cal or Charleston to host, they need to win out as well and hope Gannon stumbles along to way.

Of course, hosting is not always the advantage some think it is. Only twice in the last five years has the host team won the Region.

Comment

• Would be interesting to see how they handle a scenario where:
          • Gannon loses to someone other than Cal in the PSAC final. Gannon finishes with three losses.
          • Charleston wins the MEC tourney, also finishing with three losses.
          • Gannon owns the early season head-to-head over Charleston.
          I would think Charleston gets the nod in that scenario, but Gannon would also be deserving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
            Would be interesting to see how they handle a scenario where:
            • Gannon loses to someone other than Cal in the PSAC final. Gannon finishes with three losses.
            I would think Charleston gets the nod in that scenario, but Gannon would also be deserving.
            The scenario I'm hoping for is Gannon is the #1 on both the men's and women's side; Cal is #2; and WLU (first, makes the tournament--fingers crossed) is on the #2 side of the bracket.

It's very simple: Cal is the shortest drive in the whole Region (aside from Wheeling) and I'd like an easy drive to see the Toppers play in the tourney!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

The scenario I'm hoping for is Gannon is the #1 on both the men's and women's side; Cal is #2; and WLU (first, makes the tournament--fingers crossed) is on the #2 side of the bracket.

It's very simple: Cal is the shortest drive in the whole Region (aside from Wheeling) and I'd like an easy drive to see the Toppers play in the tourney!
              I sure wouldn't rule out Cal or Charleston.

The Cal vs Gannon series has been interesting.

Both won by blowout on their home court.

Add in the Cal player acting like a fool at the end of the last game and Round 3 should be great.

Round 4 may be, too.

Gannon also has a tough trip to Greensburg this weekend. A lot of strange crap happens there. Seton Hill played them very tough in Erie.

Comment

Would be interesting to see how they handle a scenario where:
                I think you're wrong on that!

Comment

• CIAA madness is here again... WSSU is one-and-done after losing to Bluefield State. I have to imagine that a loss that bad takes them out of the running for an at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    CIAA madness is here again... WSSU is one-and-done after losing to Bluefield State. I have to imagine that a loss that bad takes them out of the running for an at-large.
                    Yikes

Yes, they are toast.

That's actually great news for all the bubble teams. No threat of them getting two teams now.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-28-2024, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I think you're wrong on that!
                      Wrong on what? That Charleston would get the nod? Or that Gannon would also be deserving?

Comment

Wrong on what? That Charleston would get the nod? Or that Gannon would also be deserving?
                        That Charleston gets the nod. The head to head would give it to Gannon. No question.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That Charleston gets the nod. The head to head would give it to Gannon. No question.
                          I think it could go either way, but I'd bias to Charleston. May also be a "it depends" scenario (who Gannon loses to in the Final, how bad they lose, who Charleston beats in the Final, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                            CIAA madness is here again... WSSU is one-and-done after losing to Bluefield State. I have to imagine that a loss that bad takes them out of the running for an at-large.
                            No CIAA teams are in the running for an at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

No CIAA teams are in the running for an at-large.
                              And I'm not sure they ever were. WSSU would have needed some miraculous things to happen over the last two regular season games in the MEC/PSAC (pretty much everyone above them going 0-2) for it to happen. The point is totally moot now. CIAA is a one-bid league with the tourney champ getting the 8 seed.

Comment

• Lincoln claims the 8 seed with an ugly win over Fayetteville State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X