Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Smallest in horizon league appears to be 4500.. so yeah Hurst is ridiculously smaller
    Question is how many people actually attend the games (capacity percentage).

Cal seats 6,000 and averages about 180 people.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Question is how many people actually attend the games (capacity percentage).

Cal seats 6,000 and averages about 180 people.
      I was actually reading about that and one of the schools for the Horizon League has 11000+ seating... between men and women's basketball they average a total of 1700.

Comment

I was actually reading about that and one of the schools for the Horizon League has 11000+ seating... between men and women's basketball they average a total of 1700.
        Is that UW-Milwaukee? They might play in the Bucks arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Cleveland State - Wolstein Center

Purdue FW seats 2300

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

UW-Milwaukee doesn't play at the newly built Fiserv Forum, but they play at what was once known as the MECCA (Milwaukee Exhibition, Convention Center and Arena) and US Cellular Arena, where the Bucks played from their inception in 1968 until the (now demolished) Bradley Center opened in 1988. The MECCA was rebranded from US Cellular Arena to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in 2014. UWM Panther Arena seats close to 10K for basketball.

Marquette, however, does play their home games at Fiserv Forum. They had previously played at the MECCA before moving with the Bucks to Bradley Center and, ultimately, to Fiserv.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Cleveland State - Wolstein Center

Purdue FW seats 2300
              Wolstein Center officially seats 8,500 for Cleveland State basketball, but it's full capacity is over 13K.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

You should probably reread my post. I didn't say all troubled PASSHE/PSAC's had completely shuttered their athletic programs. What I said was:

"For comparison sake, over 1/3 (35%) of PSAC public schools have either completely shuttered their athletic program in an effort to save themselves from closing or been forced into mergers to try and keep the creditors from nailing a notice of public auction to their front doors."

Show me were my statement is wrong?
                Your statement is hyperbolic in that exactly one PASSHE school has "completely shuttered" its athletic program. Every other school outside of Mansfield maintains a full athletic program. Athletics aren't the problem at the moment. Demographics are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Your statement is hyperbolic in that exactly one PASSHE school has "completely shuttered" its athletic program. Every other school outside of Mansfield maintains a full athletic program. Athletics aren't the problem at the moment. Demographics are.
                  Doesn't change the fact that 1/3 of the PSAC public schools have either closed their NCAA athletic department or have been merged to attempt to save them. You can attempt to minimize the numbers all you want but you can argue with the number or the facts as I presented them.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Doesn't change the fact that 1/3 of the PSAC public schools have either closed their NCAA athletic department or have been merged to attempt to save them. You can attempt to minimize the numbers all you want but you can argue with the number or the facts as I presented them.
                    I don't think the mergers had any effect on the athletic departments. Fact 7.14% of the 14 SSHE schools do not compete in NCAA athletics.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X