X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruiting

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Augustin "Gus" Reede has committed to NSU
    Can't say I'm particularly shocked. Along with staying local and fitting the prototype NSU template for any Wolves who aren't centers (fairly average height and solid shooter), Augie having just gotten a guard commitment and a guard/forward commitment probably didn't make them the most appealing landing spot for Reede. I'd imagine I'll be hating him in 2-3 years when he is hitting 3s against the Vikes. Then again, maybe Plitzuweit and LeBrun will be able to neutralize him a bit. :)

Commitment season is fun.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 08-03-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Can't say I'm particularly shocked. Along with staying local and fitting the prototype NSU template for any Wolves who aren't centers (fairly average height and solid shooter), Augie having just gotten a guard commitment and a guard/forward commitment probably didn't make them the most appealing landing spot for Reede. I'd imagine I'll be hating him in 2-3 years when he is hitting 3s against the Vikes. Then again, maybe Plitzuweit and LeBrun will be able to neutralize him a bit. :)

Commitment season is fun.
      So many ties with his family and NSU and just a long list that made me believe it was going to happen. He is a sharpshooter for sure and will fit in perfectly. We have a lot of young talent thought the 18-19 season might not be all that great. We desperately need some height to be added by way of transfer or recruit like Schaefer. Losing Carter and Doyle leaves us with basically Justin Decker and maybe Cole Dahl (who we didn't see much of) as post players. I don't care how the game is changing, if you have to throw a tall true SF in the post to guard a big man, you will be in trouble.

Also, despite Simple's opinion. I love the fact that Augie and NSU can get some of these really good players in South Dakota, it can only help build what has and continues to be a fun rivalry. Maybe others don't see that and I know the h2h is lopsided, but with the two biggest fan bases and competitive basketball especially it makes for fun environments. Add SD kids to it and it gets hyped up a little more.

If only we could convince Cole Bergen to join him...
      Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 08-03-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

USF and Augie have joined the Michael Schaefer sweepstakes. I don't remember the last kid with so many NSIC offers, though I'm sure it's happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          This certainly came out of left field. What do we know about him?
          Solid SF recruit (maybe PF by the time he is junior/senior). Most think his high school teammate, Michael Schaefer, the better all around player. Plombon is still a raw but does have some nice upside. Can likely guard multiple positions. Will be one of the more athletic SF in conference. Good jumper. Streaky shooter. Needs to improve ball handling and 3 point shooting, but I would expect him to be a solid contributor in a few years. Plenty of upside potential for Winona. Good get

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            USF and Augie have joined the Michael Schaefer sweepstakes. I don't remember the last kid with so many NSIC offers, though I'm sure it's happened.
            Seems to be about one every year.

Comment

Also has an offer from MSU

Comment

And Ohio Dominican, Ashland and Missouri Western

Comment

They all let us know they are blessed but most pass on conveying the full ride thing but, hey, the kid deserves to be excited.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                    Apparently, this kid is pretty good. Should be interesting to see where he ends up.
                    My money is on Augie.

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem there is an awful lot of recruiting activity for the year after (2018)?

Comment

They all let us know they are blessed but most pass on conveying the full ride thing but, hey, the kid deserves to be excited.
                        Yeah, I'd never disclose that part but that's just me

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem there is an awful lot of recruiting activity for the year after (2018)?
                          Maybe a lot of early commits, but the offers going out is pretty par for the course with AAU season just wrapping up. I guess these kids just wanted to make a choice before their senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                            Apparently, this kid is pretty good. Should be interesting to see where he ends up.
                            My money is on Augie.
                            https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...23642235191296

Ryan James: Eric Tiedman of Jordan/@mnfuryboys has committed to Augustana. That's 4 commits in 4 days for them

Comment

Tiedman is very nice player. Similar to be Plombon (Winona recent commit) in some ways, but Tiedman is better allaround player in my opinion. Tiedman just more skilled/fluid. Expect the Augie fans to like his game in the future. Nice recruiting class.

Comment

6'10" PF Justin Balcome out of Alexandria, MN (Doyle's hometown) has been offered by the Wolves.

Also plays for the Minnesota Comets

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X