Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting

Moorhead recruit Wyatt Hansen named 2018 ND Mr. Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Moorhead recruit Wyatt Hansen named 2018 ND Mr. Basketball.
      That's a shame! Mandan's Steckler should have won it. I guess they didn't want to give it to a kid that isn't going to play college basketball next year. I guarantee if Hansen played Mandan's schedule of any Class A schedule, he would be an average player. Class A schedule is much tougher than Class B in North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
        That's a shame! Mandan's Steckler should have won it. I guess they didn't want to give it to a kid that isn't going to play college basketball next year. I guarantee if Hansen played Mandan's schedule of any Class A schedule, he would be an average player. Class A schedule is much tougher than Class B in North Dakota.
        Steckler may or may not be better, but Moorhead isn't giving scholarships to kids that would be average players in ND class A ball...nice try

Comment

Steckler may or may not be better, but Moorhead isn't giving scholarships to kids that would be average players in ND class A ball...nice try
          Steckler is a 100 times better. Wyatt playing Class A ball would be a 10 to 15 point scorer. Steckler playing Class B would be scoring 25 to 30 a game. Class A has no easy nights unlike the Class B.
          Steckler put up 20 a game and has two other teammates scoring in double digits.
          Last edited by Swisher; 03-18-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Bussman has panned out pretty good so far...

Comment

Steckler is a 100 times better. Wyatt playing Class A ball would be a 10 to 15 point scorer. Steckler playing Class B would be scoring 25 to 30 a game. Class A has no easy nights unlike the Class B.
              Steckler may be better, but I doubt many NSIC scholarships given to ND class A players averaging 10 points per game...so the Moorhead coaches are obviously high on Hanson. Since moorhead has won a few games the past 8-10 years I'll assume they can evaluate talent a little bit...

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Bussman has panned out pretty good so far...
                Bussman is a walk on and has had a very limited role at Moorhead during his career. check the stats....

Comment

Bussman is a walk on and has had a very limited role at Moorhead during his career. check the stats....
                  Thats what I was pointing out. He won or was up for Mr. Basketball, usually that isn't a walk on. That was my point is just because someone has high praise in HS doesn't mean they pan out. I found your comment about who Moorhead offers scholarships too just a little amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Thats what I was pointing out. He won or was up for Mr. Basketball, usually that isn't a walk on. That was my point is just because someone has high praise in HS doesn't mean they pan out. I found your comment about who Moorhead offers scholarships too just a little amusing.
                    Of course all scholarship kids don't pan out. Same with number 1 draft picks in the NBA. Point is...those scholarships are valuable...teams don't just throw them around (or they shouldn't). The expectation for every team should be that if you are giving a scholarship away then you expect the player to be a good player in the future. Doesn't mean they will materialize. Many times they do not.

If you win a Mr. Basketball award for a state (even if ND doesn't crank out D1 players) it should be added confirmation that the player is pretty good. Swisher trying to say Hanson would be average player in class A is laughable...even if steckler may be better. Hanson is long, athletic and can shoot...from the little I know about him. I'm sure he will need to get stronger, and the jump from class B to the NSIC will be significant (he needs a lot of work on his defense), but Moorhead sees the necessary foundation of length, athleticism, etc... Not sure if they will redshirt as they had 5 redshirts last year that will get significant time this year.

Also Bussman went to valley city state his first year out of high school then walked on the Msum the next year. Bussman did not win the Mr. Bball award.

Comment

Hopefully both play in the Lions All Star games this summer and then we will get to see who the better player is.

Comment

Ah, the old, "big school kids would dominate if they only played against those terrible small school teams all the time" argument. I know nothing about these two players, but have seen many a poster be made to look wrong by small school kids who blow up in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                          Ah, the old, "big school kids would dominate if they only played against those terrible small school teams all the time" argument. I know nothing about these two players, but have seen many a poster be made to look wrong by small school kids who blow up in the NSIC.
                          Cmon, the Schillings should be the prime NSIC example that small-school kids aren't very good once they get to college. Put them on a bigger school and they'd be average bench players. Instead, they got to put up all the shots they wanted to on one of the smallest schools in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            Cmon, the Schillings should be the prime NSIC example that small-school kids aren't very good once they get to college. Put them on a bigger school and they'd be average bench players. Instead, they got to put up all the shots they wanted to on one of the smallest schools in the state.
                            Bruggeman didn't play big school high school ball in MN...last I checked he's an okay player in the NSIC....

Comment

Bruggeman didn't play big school high school ball in MN...last I checked he's an okay player in the NSIC....
                              Sarcasm is hard, huh....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                Sarcasm is hard, huh....
                                Pretty sure he was just affirming your comment and adding to it...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X