X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Verbal Commits D2 @VerbalCommitsD2
    Winona State G Isaiah Easaw (JR) is leaving the program.
    Seemed like hard working kid but this level of ball seemed a little above him. Maybe he can land somewhere where he can see more court time.

Comment

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook
      2018 G Ethan Anderson (6-4) of Black River Falls has picked up a NCAA Division II offer from Southwest Minnesota State. Also owns offer from Moorhead State and will visit Winona State.

Comment

Cole Bergan, off to University of Northern Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Cole Bergan, off to University of Northern Colorado
          Curse you Steve Smiley!!

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
            Curse you Steve Smiley!!
            Until they both come home in a few years...Ha.

In all seriousness, all the best to Cole.

Comment

Mustangs add Kaden Evans from Kansas City (MO) Oak Park HS.

Some things I've learned about him, after some reading on Twitter:
              -Teammate of Ochai Agbaji, who is going to Kansas.
              -They won 4 games in his freshman year, ended as two-time conference champions.
              -First start was against Landry Shamet.
              -Scored 795 of his 1,034 career points on 3-pointers.

Comment

Mustangs also picked up 6-6 forward Brian Dayman from Pleasant Valley (IA), down in the Quad Cities area.

Comment

Mustangs also picked up 6-6 forward Brian Dayman from Pleasant Valley (IA), down in the Quad Cities area.
                  Any info on them? Are the Mustangs just snatching kids who were waiting on D1 offers and didn't get 'em or something?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Any info on them? Are the Mustangs just snatching kids who were waiting on D1 offers and didn't get 'em or something?
                    I doubt it. We were Evans' first offer, back in February. I'm thinking the same on Dayman. Evans is a 6-3 combo guard shooter. As I mentioned, most of his points in HS were on 3s. Dayman is probably a 4/5. Not spectacular, but looks to have some toughness. They join Jacob Phipps, a 6-9 center we got in the fall from Anoka (MN), whose forte is defense.

Guessing all three guys we have so far in this class will be 5-year guys. I'm thinking we may still be looking for transfer help too, especially in the paint looking for a Kirk replacement for next year.

Comment

Dayman...
                      https://youtu.be/TzaVd6zl2bA

Comment

Ted Brown, the 6'10 center from Concordia-St. Paul has now signed with MOSO. We also signed Kyle Younge Jr., a 5'9 guard from Jennings HS near St. Louis.

Comment

Bemidji State signed two MN freshmen

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mbasketbal...l-for-2018-19/

Still waiting for spring up here. We missed all the snow central and southern MN has gotten. Maybe our turn this week. Karl

Comment

Don't know if this is meant for only NSIC teams but NSIC fans are most active so this seems to be the only place to put this. I'm sure most people think NW is going to disappear since Pitts has graduated. However, some recruiting/new player updates:

Trevor Hudgins- redshirt FR. Have heard VERY good things about him. If he is as good as they are saying then that would be amazing. I haven't seen him practice but have only heard some of the things they are saying. There are some big expectations for him for next year.

2018 Recruits:
                            Diego Bernard- PG. Freak athlete. Nickname is Baby Westbrook. He's a legit D1 player. He reminds me of a combo of our last 2 point guards (who both happened to be All-Americans)- Cooper's athleticism, and Pitts scoring. Will need to work on his shooting touch.
                            Drew Blair- Wing/SG. Reminds everyone around NW of a taller (maybe better??) Conner Crooker from a couple years ago. Very smooth and great shooter. 1st team all state along with a bunch of D1 guys going to Duke, Iowa St, etc.
                            Xavier Rhodes- CG. From Rockhurst. One of the better unsigned players in KC. Think he was waiting on those D1 offers and from the sound of it, many are surprised they didn't come or at least not the level he was expecting. Can get to the basket.
                            Luke Waters- Wing/SF. Honestly don't know much about him. Maybe a redshirt his first year.

This year NW struggled when Pitts was hurt with no backup PG to step in. I think the first 3 of the 2018 recruits all play as freshmen. Them along with Hudgins, gives NW 3 ballhandlers that will all be freshmen (one redshirt). May be some growing pains but looks like NW is reloading. I don't think they are done yet in recruiting this year and are still looking to pick up 1-2 more guys to fill in some holes.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              Don't know if this is meant for only NSIC teams but NSIC fans are most active so this seems to be the only place to put this. I'm sure most people think NW is going to disappear since Pitts has graduated. However, some recruiting/new player updates:

Trevor Hudgins- redshirt FR. Have heard VERY good things about him. If he is as good as they are saying then that would be amazing. I haven't seen him practice but have only heard some of the things they are saying. There are some big expectations for him for next year.

2018 Recruits:
                              Diego Bernard- PG. Freak athlete. Nickname is Baby Westbrook. He's a legit D1 player. He reminds me of a combo of our last 2 point guards (who both happened to be All-Americans)- Cooper's athleticism, and Pitts scoring. Will need to work on his shooting touch.
                              Drew Blair- Wing/SG. Reminds everyone around NW of a taller (maybe better??) Conner Crooker from a couple years ago. Very smooth and great shooter. 1st team all state along with a bunch of D1 guys going to Duke, Iowa St, etc.
                              Xavier Rhodes- CG. From Rockhurst. One of the better unsigned players in KC. Think he was waiting on those D1 offers and from the sound of it, many are surprised they didn't come or at least not the level he was expecting. Can get to the basket.
                              Luke Waters- Wing/SF. Honestly don't know much about him. Maybe a redshirt his first year.

This year NW struggled when Pitts was hurt with no backup PG to step in. I think the first 3 of the 2018 recruits all play as freshmen. Them along with Hudgins, gives NW 3 ballhandlers that will all be freshmen (one redshirt). May be some growing pains but looks like NW is reloading. I don't think they are done yet in recruiting this year and are still looking to pick up 1-2 more guys to fill in some holes.
                              Baby Westbrook, yikes. Some pretty high expectations. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                                I'm sure most people think NW is going to disappear since Pitts has graduated.
                                I doubt many think Northwest will disappear without Pitts. But I'd assume many of us are hoping they will. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X