• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Baby Westbrook, yikes. Some pretty high expectations. Haha
    Well it is baby, not fully grown. Haha

Comment

I would say quite the leap of faith by these two to sign without knowing who the coach is going to be.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...en-to-nli.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        I would say quite the leap of faith by these two to sign without knowing who the coach is going to be.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...en-to-nli.aspx
        Hey Simple: Agreed. I thought these two quotes from the article were interesting:

"Talent aside, we are confident that Hunter's and Mason's passion for UMD and our basketball program will enhance our current path to be champions in the classroom, in competition, and in the community."

Interesting for these two high school kids to already have a passion for UMD & their program. As well, are they really on a "current path" to be champions with their competition (I guess that's the NSIC)?

The Bulldogs, who tripled their win total from a season ago, lose forward Jake Wilson and guard Kyle...

Sometimes a quote like that backfires. I mean really, tripled their wins...how bad were they?

Although I am not in the circle, have not heard a thing nor seen anything about finalists for the head coaching job; which should be by now.

Comment

Perhaps Simple's favorite former UMD coach is ready to make his way back to the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
            Although I am not in the circle, have not heard a thing nor seen anything about finalists for the head coaching job; which should be by now.
            It does seem like it has taken an inordinately long time. Especially for a University affiliated school, I don't think that they have to work under the same constraints that a State University System school does.

Comment

Pittsburg State signees:

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/new...r-signees.aspx

Comment

Washburn is having a monster recruiting class. They signed two kids in the early signing period. 6'9" Jonny Clausing out of Augusta, KS. Great hands and feet. Big upside. They also signed Jalen Lewis out of Liberty HS is Missouri. Jalen is a 5'10" scoring combo guard. He had 40 against Webster Groves in the Missouri big class state semi-finals and had 27 with 9 3's in the Kansas City all-star game and was named the games MVP. Tack on 6'7" Sevon Witt out of Raytown HS in KC and you have a heck of a class. Sevon is athletic and can really run the floor. Add those three plus returning 5 of our top 8 and we think we can make another run at a MIAA title. Everyone is excited in T-town.

Comment

In the last week, MSSU has signed two more guards. Jadis White is a 6-1 point guard signed out of Chaminade, a class 5A high school in St. Louis who played great competition all year. They also signed Reggie Tharp, a 6-0 guard out of Paris Junior College in Texas. He played high school ball in Fort Wayne, IN. That makes 3 guards and 1 center in this recruiting class so far. Jeff Boschee is doing a great job filling the holes of our graduating seniors. Excited to see who else Jeff can bring into MSSU.

Comment

And the Coach K recruiting news out of Warrensburg......the usual crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                      And the Coach K recruiting news out of Warrensburg......the usual crickets.
                      Correct, no news until school is started is the usual. Needs to go after D1 transfers or high quality JC players the Senior class will be minimal and no proven scorers outside of the big guy who won't rebound. Interesting tidbit I have been wanting to put in a post is last three years coach K is 4 games over .500 in conference games, overall in conference 13 over in 4 years.Good first year, that's basically all you need to know about the direction of the program. Outside of about 4 posters on this board he is still being supported, UNBELIEVABLE,. See ya down the road.
                      Last edited by Mule4ever; 04-22-2018, 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar

Comment

Mavs sign two- one from Oshkosh WI, one transfer from NDSU.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2018/4/...ball-team.aspx

Comment

I think I'm going to just stay silent on this.

Comment

Wow, Adam Trapp from Esko is signing with South Dakota School of Mines. Good luck, RMAC!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              Wow, Adam Trapp from Esko is signing with South Dakota School of Mines. Good luck, RMAC!
                              He is probably signing for the academics as the SD School of Mines is a highly rated engineering school.

Comment

MSSU closed out this recruiting class by signing Cam Martin, a 6'9 post player who can also shoot 3's. Cam is a D1 transfer from Jacksonville State University, who is from Harrah, OK. He played 1 year at Jacksonville State. Looking forward to seeing what this recruiting class will do this fall and in the coming years! Good luck Lions!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X