Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting

Moorhead gets commitment from Nathan Rund - 6' combo guard from fergus falls, MN. Solid get for Msum. Still believe future for young dragons is very bright despite last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Moorhead gets commitment from Nathan Rund - 6' combo guard from fergus falls, MN. Solid get for Msum. Still believe future for young dragons is very bright despite last season.
      They always seem to get the guards in this same mold. Talented scorers around 6'0", with most of them from the FM area. I'm just glad Ryan Bruggeman got away! \

Next year will be the Beeninga and Irsfeld show, with this kid likely redshirting, if I had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        They always seem to get the guards in this same mold. Talented scorers around 6'0", with most of them from the FM area. I'm just glad Ryan Bruggeman got away! \

Next year will be the Beeninga and Irsfeld show, with this kid likely redshirting, if I had to guess.
        Jacob beeninga also coming in 2019. He is tearing it up at top level in mn as a junior. Rund also had offers from SMSU and St. Cloud, maybe others, not sure...

Rund and Irsfeld can both really shoot it. Moorhead likely hoping that Irsfeld and Rund end up being something even close to bruggeman in the future. I would say they were both similar type high school players as bruggeman. Next year's team will also have a lot more flexibility in the backcourt, because they have more length available with Baumgartner (6'5") and Sem (6'4"), who will each be able to play and guard multiple positions. They both have a chance to be really good defensively...Something msum has not been the past couple years. Certainly can never be sure what your going to get from redshirt freshman, but the expectations are high for the group. I wouldn't be surprised if they start 2 or 3 redshirts next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Jacob beeninga also coming in 2019. He is tearing it up at top level in mn as a junior. Rund also had offers from SMSU and St. Cloud, maybe others, not sure...
          This is one of the reasons I was excited to have Jaeden King coming in for the Vikes to maybe balance out what Beeninga will bring to the table. Alas, it seems that wasn't to be, unless King changes his mind back.

Maybe Beeninga will de-commit too. :)

(I know he won't, obviously. Certainly helps to have family involved.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            This is one of the reasons I was excited to have Jaeden King coming in for the Vikes to maybe balance out what Beeninga will bring to the table. Alas, it seems that wasn't to be, unless King changes his mind back.

Maybe Beeninga will de-commit too. :)

(I know he won't, obviously. Certainly helps to have family involved.)
            Until loi is signed anything is possible...but would be shocked if he changes his mind. Beeninga has very good chance to be Mr bball finalist next year if he stays healthy.

Comment

Moorhead123, I must have posted that message a out Belka somewhere else incorrectly. I remember you saying he probably wouldn't be a post. With he and Balcome listed at 6'10" (which could be wrong) I feel he'd be the tallest swingman in D2 history. I haven't seen either play so not being snarky, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Moorhead123, I must have posted that message a out Belka somewhere else incorrectly. I remember you saying he probably wouldn't be a post. With he and Balcome listed at 6'10" (which could be wrong) I feel he'd be the tallest swingman in D2 history. I haven't seen either play so not being snarky, just curious.
                Jordre is the other 6'10" guy, not Belka. Belka's closer to 6'6"-6'7" I believe.

Comment

Jordre is the other 6'10" guy, not Belka. Belka's closer to 6'6"-6'7" I believe.
                  You are dead on. I was going off of verbal commits and mixed it up terribly.

Here is Jordre's junior year. Certainly has the size but will definitely need a RS year. Pretty easy to use that height against a bunch of 5'8" kids. He's aggressive and physical, but seems a little raw. Haven't heard nor seen anything of him this season.

https://youtu.be/uWhI8jJUwMA

Comment

Saw belka play a month or two ago...appeared to be 6'6", probably 175 pounds. Is a skilled player and may grow another inch or two in college. Skilled on the wing and can play some inside some too, but seemed more of wing in college to me...he will be a good college player his last 2-3 years at northern. My guess is they redshirt him next year.

Comment

Verbal Commits D2 @VerbalCommitsD2 Mar 13
                      Concordia St. Paul C Ted Brown (JR) is leaving the program.

Comment

Verbal Commits D2 @VerbalCommitsD2 2 hours ago
                        Southwest Minnesota State G/F Vydal Bradford (RS FR) is leaving the program.

Comment

Verbal Commits D2 @VerbalCommitsD2 Mar 13
                          Concordia St. Paul C Ted Brown (JR) is leaving the program.
                          Wonder what Brown has in mind? Winona went after him pretty hard. He should be a talent but doesn't seem overly inspired or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Wonder what Brown has in mind? Winona went after him pretty hard. He should be a talent but doesn't seem overly inspired or something.
                            Won't be in conference as he is a junior and you have to sit a yeawr in conference correct?

Comment

Won't be in conference as he is a junior and you have to sit a yeawr in conference correct?
                              Unless he still has a redshirt year to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                Unless he still has a redshirt year to burn.
                                Right, I thought he did freshman year though. My bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X