X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Lincoln is rated #1 in Class AA in SD.
    Haha. I actually didn't realize they were ranked #1. I was kind of joking anyway. But more seriously, most South Dakotans would agree that the best individual talent this year is actually in Class A, not Class AA. Class A has several kids with multiple D2 offers and/or D1 offers. Not even sure if any kids in AA--particularly any seniors--have a decent D2 offer (though I could be overlooking some kids, obviously).

That being said, my argument remains that SD teams will rarely be as good as similarly sized MN teams, but will occasionally have players talented enough to make a difference in the NSIC, even if they are from the Dakotas and not the suburbs of Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Haha. I actually didn't realize they were ranked #1. I was kind of joking anyway. But more seriously, most South Dakotans would agree that the best individual talent this year is actually in Class A, not Class AA. Class A has several kids with multiple D2 offers and/or D1 offers. Not even sure if any kids in AA--particularly any seniors--have a decent D2 offer (though I could be overlooking some kids, obviously).

That being said, my argument remains that SD teams will rarely be as good as similarly sized MN teams, but will occasionally have players talented enough to make a difference in the NSIC, even if they are from the Dakotas and not the suburbs of Minneapolis.
      Correction, I believe Aberdeen Central is AA and they have Cole Bergan (D1 offers, was going to Northern and now nobody seems to know what his status is, which is weird) and Gus Reede (D2 offers, going to Northern).

Comment

Cole Bergan...

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Cole Bergan...
          Yeah, I corrected myself in the post before yours. Reede too. Might be that you hadn't refreshed your page before typing out your post, so you might not have seen it. Or you were just saying "Cole Bergan" in the style of a Seinfeld-esque "Newman!"

Comment

Correction, I believe Aberdeen Central is AA and they have Cole Bergan (D1 offers, was going to Northern and now nobody seems to know what his status is, which is weird) and Gus Reede (D2 offers, going to Northern).
            Well actually Gus Reede plays for Aberdeen Roncalli, a Class A team

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              Well actually Gus Reede plays for Aberdeen Roncalli, a Class A team
              For goodness' sake...this is far from midseason form. I'm like a rookie out here.

I was thinking Bergan and Reede were teammates, but I suppose that's just AAU ball. Or am I wrong on that too?

Comment

For goodness' sake...this is far from midseason form. I'm like a rookie out here.

I was thinking Bergan and Reede were teammates, but I suppose that's just AAU ball. Or am I wrong on that too?
                I believe they did, along with some of Augie incomers. I don't have a clue what going on with Bergen. He would be an incredible one to get in, especially with us losing Doyle and Evans. I would not be shocked if he tests the D1 waters but I have no information to back that up.

Comment

Just wanted to give you an update on Augie commit(for Now) Jaeden King once again leading his #1 rated Cretin dirham Hall Raiders in scoring. Funny how he is the leading scorer over 3 Div I players on that team. He sounds pretty good.

http://www.cdhraiders.org/news_artic...rer_id=3549280

Comment

Just wanted to give you an update on Augie commit(for Now) Jaeden King once again leading his #1 rated Cretin dirham Hall Raiders in scoring. Funny how he is the leading scorer over 3 Div I players on that team. He sounds pretty good.

Stop it.

Comment

What will happen first: he signs his LOI to Augustana or you learn how to spell Cretin-Derham Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        What will happen first: he signs his LOI to Augustana or you learn how to spell Cretin-Derham Hall?
                        He probably signs to play at somewhere like Central Michigan or Lehigh first....keep up the good work Simple, have you been sending out emails to coaches too?

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          He probably signs to play at somewhere like Central Michigan or Lehigh first....keep up the good work Simple, have you been sending out emails to coaches too?
                          With all the points he's been scoring, if those guys can't find him, they don't deserve him.
                          I'll set March 25, the day after the MN state boys tourney, as the day he announces he's reopening his recruiting process. Any over/under takers?

Comment

Hopkins 93 Sioux Falls Lincoln 59 ^yawn*
                            Must be a typo on the internet...saw that Sioux Falls Lincoln beat Minneapolis Patrick Henry last night, 80-67.

Comment

Must be a typo on the internet...saw that Sioux Falls Lincoln beat Minneapolis Patrick Henry last night, 80-67.
                              Itd be even more funny if that happened.to be a girls score....ooo, that'd be funny

Comment

Yes they did. And I've heard that the coach and a.d. were immediately fired and there is a probe going on about the program. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X