Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Recruiting

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    6'10" PF Justin Balcome out of Alexandria, MN (Doyle's hometown) has been offered by the Wolves.

Also plays for the Minnesota Comets
    Another good offer. Legit 6'10 and and can shoot from perimeter. Super long. Certainly a little raw. If he had played high school in metro would probably have even more looks. I think he has a chance to be very good for northern. Redshirt him and look out his last few years of college after he adds some weight/strength. Not sure he is even done growing yet, if possible?? Significant upside potential

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Another good offer. Legit 6'10 and and can shoot from perimeter. Super long. Certainly a little raw. If he had played high school in metro would probably have even more looks. I think he has a chance to be very good for northern. Redshirt him and look out his last few years of college after he adds some weight/strength. Not sure he is even done growing yet, if possible?? Significant upside potential
      Sounds like a diabolical prospect and if there's one coach in this league who has had absolutely zero success developing talented big men it's Paul SaTTher.

Comment

Talking to some conference coaches about this early signing period and they said Augie is basically getting anyone they want and everyone else is in line to pick up what they can. Amazing to hear this but not surprising as Augie is starting to put them selves on top of the NSIC as the basketball power everyone wants to be.

I also had to ask about the kid WSU got and the response was. Well he had an offer from BSU and D3s looking at him, so he is your standard get for WSU now a days. UFFDAH

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Sounds like a diabolical prospect and if there's one coach in this league who has had absolutely zero success developing talented big men it's Paul SaTTher.
          Can you explain the SaTTher thing? I'm at a loss

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
            Talking to some conference coaches about this early signing period and they said Augie is basically getting anyone they want and everyone else is in line to pick up what they can. Amazing to hear this but not surprising as Augie is starting to put them selves on top of the NSIC as the basketball power everyone wants to be.
            They have pretty much everything going for them right now that could possibly be an advantage in recruiting.

-Location (bigger town)
            -Facilities (I'd argue they're better than Taylor Center)
            -History/Prestige (national championship)

Comment

I also had to ask about the kid WSU got and the response was. Well he had an offer from BSU and D3s looking at him, so he is your standard get for WSU now a days. UFFDAH
              That's what I'm also hearing. Not a whole lot of NSIC interest in the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                That's what I'm also hearing. Not a whole lot of NSIC interest in the kid.
                Yeah not surprising you are hearing the same as I think we run into to some of the same coaches. Did you hear about WSU coach experience in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  They have pretty much everything going for them right now that could possibly be an advantage in recruiting.

-Location (bigger town)
                  -Facilities (I'd argue they're better than Taylor Center)
                  -History/Prestige (national championship)
                  I'd also consider adding top two D2 fan support in the country year-in and year-out as well as a pretty solid and consistent coaching staff.

Don't know if I'm 100% sold on the Sioux Falls Arena over the Taylor Center, but I suppose until the Mavs start using the Taylor Center to its full potential, maybe it's an accurate assessment. If you have an incredible facility, but can't fill it up halfway, is it really that great to have it?

Comment

Yeah not surprising you are hearing the same as I think we run into to some of the same coaches. Did you hear about WSU coach experience in Vegas?
                    Now what?

Comment

Yup, if you mean "I'll see you there". :)

Comment

Justin Balcome committed to Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                          Justin Balcome committed to Northern.
                          Considering he had no other D2 offers I will reserve too much excitement but to have that height and ability to shoot from range is a decent start. Will definitely need to find a weight room. The "insiders" seem to think his stock is rising very fast lately si, we'll see. But, with all the PG offers we have out, good to get some height.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Considering he had no other D2 offers I will reserve too much excitement but to have that height and ability to shoot from range is a decent start. Will definitely need to find a weight room. The "insiders" seem to think his stock is rising very fast lately si, we'll see. But, with all the PG offers we have out, good to get some height.
                            Little bit of a project, but many big guys are. I think a good get al-in-all. Needs to play smarter and have better shot selection. Big man with some skill is never a terrible thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              Don't know if I'm 100% sold on the Sioux Falls Arena over the Taylor Center, but I suppose until the Mavs start using the Taylor Center to its full potential, maybe it's an accurate assessment. If you have an incredible facility, but can't fill it up halfway, is it really that great to have it?
                              The funny thing is, I thought Elmen Center was an underrated arena to play in. I think I even had it in my Top 5 at one point.

Comment

6'9" Lincoln Jordre out of Sully Buttes (SD) has committed to Northern State.

Another one with strong family ties as I believe Todd Jordre (NSU foundation CEO and former basketball player) is his uncle.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X