Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Late show in Fargo discussed Northern Colorado into the mix and hoping/pleading that the Summit adds both them and Augie as so many of the schools offer different varieties of sports it is constant piecing thjng together.

Apparently most of the conference has mentioned to radio guys that they dont care for the addition of Augie...I don't really understand that

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Late show in Fargo discussed Northern Colorado into the mix and hoping/pleading that the Summit adds both them and Augie as so many of the schools offer different varieties of sports it is constant piecing thjng together.

Apparently most of the conference has mentioned to radio guys that they dont care for the addition of Augie...I don't really understand that
      I get the impression these Low D1's conferences are held together by gum, spit and bailing wire.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        I get the impression these Low D1's conferences are held together by gum, spit and bailing wire.
        Well they aren't the Big 10 that's for sure. ;)

Comment

Because here's the likely viewpoints:

Dakota schools don't want inferior Augie joining the group
          Non-Dakota schools don't want another Dakota school.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Because here's the likely viewpoints:

Dakota schools don't want inferior Augie joining the group
            Non-Dakota schools don't want another Dakota school.
            They might see them as inferior but Augie will easily be on of the top overall athletic programs when the move happens. This doesnt include football of course, but the Summit isn't exactly light years ahead of the top NSIC team in each respective sport.

The only thing that's ever been brought up was they didnt want to saturate the market...USD radio guy today said it makes total sense and a lot of talk about UNC and Augie to solidify conference as well as talk of the Summit getting to six football schools and going off on their own which could force the hand of some of the other MVFC members to go all in on the Summit League. It's been entertaining to listen to but I'll have to stop as Bison football gets closer ;)

Comment

They might see them as inferior but Augie will easily be on of the top overall athletic programs when the move happens. This doesnt include football of course, but the Summit isn't exactly light years ahead of the top NSIC team in each respective sport.

The only thing that's ever been brought up was they didnt want to saturate the market...USD radio guy today said it makes total sense and a lot of talk about UNC and Augie to solidify conference as well as talk of the Summit getting to six football schools and going off on their own which could force the hand of some of the other MVFC members to go all in on the Summit League. It's been entertaining to listen to but I'll have to stop as Bison football gets closer ;)
              You may have seen this on twitter already, but I have believed for a while that the Summit, Missouri Valley and MVFC triangle should be reorganized into two conferences, similar to what happened with the Big East years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                You may have seen this on twitter already, but I have believed for a while that the Summit, Missouri Valley and MVFC triangle should be reorganized into two conferences, similar to what happened with the Big East years ago.
                I would like it if conferences would reorganize into groups that made sense. Remember when the Big East was going to include Boise State and San Diego State? Insanity. I'd rather have conferences with ten teams- straight round robin and a chance to have some non-conference games in football. It made total sense for P-FW to go to the Horizon- and for UMKC to come back to the Summit. There are some other moves that should be made.

Comment

Augie makes another athletic department administration hire: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/8/13/a...nications.aspx

(Relatively insincere) sorry to NSU4LIFE. :)

A native of Aberdeen, South Dakota, Ryan is a 2011 graduate of Northern State University where he majored in sports marketing and administration. During his undergraduate years, he also served as a student coach under legendary basketball coach Don Meyer. Following graduation, he worked as a graduate assistant in the Wolves' sports information office and covered women's soccer, women's basketball, swimming and diving, and softball.
                  Here's to hoping Ryan does a great job of helping the rest of the world see that Augie is the greatest university in history.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Augie makes another athletic department administration hire: https://goaugie.com/news/2019/8/13/a...nications.aspx

(Relatively insincere) sorry to NSU4LIFE. :)

Here's to hoping Ryan does a great job of helping the rest of the world see that Augie is the greatest university in history.
                    Our plan is coming together nicely...oh the information we will receive! Muwahaha

Comment

• https://twitter.com/StribSports/stat...460728320?s=19

Augustana is going to be joining a significantly improved Summit League in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        https://twitter.com/StribSports/stat...460728320?s=19

Augustana is going to be joining a significantly improved Summit League in a few years.
                        Lot's of upgrades needed before they get the invite. Plus, they are going to have to butter up all four Dakota schools, SDSU and USD especially. Going to be a hard sell to get a "yes" vote from those school when it means an extra school competing for the exact same athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post

Lot's of upgrades needed before they get the invite. Plus, they are going to have to butter up all four Dakota schools, SDSU and USD especially. Going to be a hard sell to get a "yes" vote from those school when it means an extra school competing for the exact same athletes.
                          Which upgrades specifically?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Which upgrades specifically?
                            I was thinking the same thing. Good question!

Comment

• Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post

I know you've been anti-Augie to the Summit from the beginning and that's your prerogative.

Third on the upgrades clarification.

If the Dakota school Presidents are short sighted thinkers then a yes vote would be difficult. The travel and attendance benefits of adding Augie are quantifiable and real. Not to mention the stability provided by adding another conference member in case the well known financial issues at Western Illinois cause them to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                https://twitter.com/StribSports/stat...460728320?s=19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X