Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    That is one thorough explanation. Thanks for that!

Sounds to me like your guy(s) in Fargo and/or grand forks needs to step up go into the head hancho and ask for a little bit of a raise to help you out and take over the Msum/Crookston/Bemidji beat since they are in the immediate areas. ;) Probably really talking one or two stories per year on the internationally loved dragons.

keep up up the good work. Much appreciated.
    To be fair to my colleagues in the Fargo and Grand Forks offices, they have PLENTY going on! We have a bunch of really talented and hard-working people across the network and we're all stretched thin. I was merely using the fact that I cover a conference instead of an individual school as an example of the challenges I uniquely face. The reality is that while we are a regional network, we're still growing and still don't have the cumulative resources of, for example, a place like Fox Sports North in the Twin Cities.

That being said, I appreciate your understanding and as I mentioned before, come tournament time, the Dragons will get plenty of love. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post

To be fair to my colleagues in the Fargo and Grand Forks offices, they have PLENTY going on! We have a bunch of really talented and hard-working people across the network and we're all stretched thin. I was merely using the fact that I cover a conference instead of an individual school as an example of the challenges I uniquely face. The reality is that while we are a regional network, we're still growing and still don't have the cumulative resources of, for example, a place like Fox Sports North in the Twin Cities.

That being said, I appreciate your understanding and as I mentioned before, come tournament time, the Dragons will get plenty of love. Thanks again!

I understand...just having a little fun with you. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

• Goodness...this hallowed thread has slipped to the third page of the forum. Shameful.

Nice to see the Vikes getting somewhat back on track. Mankato is obviously a 50/50 team, but since they beat us fairly soundly in our last matchup, it was good to see Augie come out and get a win against them this past weekend.

Even without Cartwright (and Hanson, who seems to be injured/un-injured every other weekend), they looked a lot more this weekend like the team Augie fans thought they would be.

I'm not trying to give myself false hope, but if (big IF) the Vikings can continue this type of play, I might actually be a little optimistic about a couple of wins in the NSIC Tournament. Unfortunately, this team has had rough stretches all season long, so if we get into a tight game with a team like Northern, Duluth, etc. and end up with one of those 8-10 minute lulls that we've suffered a few times this season, that will be tough to overcome. Either way, I'm just glad to see us get a few wins in a row and hopefully keep building chemistry that will make an impact next year. We don't lose a ton of talent to graduation, so if guys commit this summer to getting better--specifically when it comes to improving shooting percentages--and Cartwright is healthy (noticed he was on crutches this weekend, so I'm wondering if his injury has just gotten worse or if he had surgery or something), I think the tools are still in place to be a strong team next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Goodness...this hallowed thread has slipped to the third page of the forum. Shameful.
          Nearly a month since the last post. What is happening in the land of the Vikings? I expected a full column!

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Nearly a month since the last post. What is happening in the land of the Vikings? I expected a full column!
            Definitely not D1 material with that lack of chatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Definitely not D1 material with that lack of chatter.
              If I remember right bearcat BB chatter was null and void along with attendance until well after they started winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

If I remember right bearcat BB chatter was null and void along with attendance until well after they started winning.
                Actually there was quite a bit more discussion among all the MIAA folks, including Bearcat fans, prior to the changes in the regions. We just weren't in the same region as the nsic at that time so you weren't familiar. My username and join date speak for themselves. Definitely not D1 material though.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Actually there was quite a bit more discussion among all the MIAA folks, including Bearcat fans, prior to the changes in the regions. We just weren't in the same region as the nsic at that time so you weren't familiar. My username and join date speak for themselves. Definitely not D1 material though.
                  Hmm...as someone who has been around longer than you, I can remember the early days that showed the amount of threads and posts by region (perhaps by conference). I remember talking to buddies about how we have more posts that then the rest of D2 combined. The chatter hear was intense and pickem was awful to try to keep up with. Now, it's just really gotten quiet. You couldnt go an hour without one of the large number of Winona posters to comment going back 10-15 years. Now they have what, two active posters?

Success breeds chatter, jutlst how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Hmm...as someone who has been around longer than you, I can remember the early days that showed the amount of threads and posts by region (perhaps by conference). I remember talking to buddies about how we have more posts that then the rest of D2 combined. The chatter hear was intense and pickem was awful to try to keep up with. Now, it's just really gotten quiet. You couldnt go an hour without one of the large number of Winona posters to comment going back 10-15 years. Now they have what, two active posters?

Prior to joining the same region as NSIC we had tons of MIAA posters, we did a Pick Em (don't see that anymore), and had 10 or so consistent posters from NW alone. I know this because I know many of them personally and they don't spend much time on here any more. I and other MIAA posters actually talked about how the conversation disappeared from previous years when we changed regions. Now there are 3-4 consistent NW posters, so it has actually went down. NW has had 3 losing seasons in the last 20 years and they were all in succession and I joined right at the tail end of those losing seasons.

Not saying MIAA ever had more posts or conversations than NSIC, just that it has went down for MIAA overall and NW in the last 5-6 years.

Edit: For context, including this season there have been 21 seasons since 2000. NW has had 17 20+ win seasons, 1 19 win season, and the aforementioned 3 sub .500 seasons. National championships are new for the program but it has been a successful program for a long time.
                    Last edited by NWHoops; 02-18-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Gentlemen...if there's one thing this thread does not exist for, it's a discussion of NWMSU's history of success. Save that for the NWMSU thread or the Northern thread.

On an Augie note, I'm pretty excited about this USF game. If we play like we did this past weekend, we have a chance to get them back from a few weeks ago. And with this season not exactly meeting/exceeding expectations, the next best thing would be helping to keep USF out of the Regional in what is the best D2 season they've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        Gentlemen...if there's one thing this thread does not exist for, it's a discussion of NWMSU's history of success. Save that for the NWMSU thread or the Northern thread.

On an Augie note, I'm pretty excited about this USF game. If we play like we did this past weekend, we have a chance to get them back from a few weeks ago. And with this season not exactly meeting/exceeding expectations, the next best thing would be helping to keep USF out of the Regional in what is the best D2 season they've ever had.
                        I agree. Keep your Augie faithful on topic. Afterall, one of your own brought up NW. :)

Comment

The NSIC basketball forum was far and away the most active basketball forum. The MIAA was also more active than it is now.

Comment

• I stumbled upon a truly amazing fact today. This season the Augie men are 2-10 when the opponent makes more 3s than they do and 14-0, FOURTEEN and ZERO, when they make more 3s than their opponent.

Comment

I suspect some of them are still lurking in the background but the product on the court has been too mediocre for too long to motivate participation. All we need is another 30 or so game winning streak to get them back.

Comment

• Only four of the regions have any consistent discussion on this site: Central, West, Midwest, and Atlantic. All the South Central has is a West Texas A&M basketball thread over on the football side. The South, Southeast, and East have nothing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X