Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Riemersma is back! I love 2022!

Comment

• Some nice early minutes from Zac Johnson. Hit a three and held his own defensively. He might be the second best shooter on the team behind Fink.

Comment

• Fantastic first half by Augie on both ends, the ball was moving on offense and they held Jansen in check. Howevah both Riemersma and Dykman have two fouls so that could be an issue.

Comment

• Vikings amass a 15-point lead. Dykman 3 fouls however

Comment

• Tom empties the bench with 210 to go and a 25 point lead. Extremely impressive return to action for the Vikings

Comment

• Dylan LeBrun Defensive effort was outstanding today to go along with his team leading 18 points. If Vikings play like this every game, they wouldn't lose again.

Comment

• Highlights from the game last night:

Comment

• Comment

• Congrats to incoming Viking Sam Rensch on breaking his school's single-game scoring record last night:

Comment

• Augustana signee Caden Hinker scores 35 on Pierre

Sports (605sports.com)

Comment

• I was scrolling through past schedules to determine the last time Augie played a home regular season game with stakes comparable to the date with the Dogs on Friday night at the Pentagon. I came up with three possible contenders:

- January 10, 2015 #16 Mankato at #12 Augustana - Schilling and Jansen spent two years banging their head into the Monaghan/Marei wall before they finally corralled the Maviercks 98-89 in OT. I remember this one vividly and it served as springboard to the success that was to come the next two seasons.
                        - February 7, 2015 #6 Moorhead at #4 Augustana - the first in a set of four insanely consequential tussles (all Augie wins) over two years, Moorhead brought a ton of fans and even had an entire "suite" of fans right above the Augie bench in the Arena
                        - January 17, 2020 Northern at Augustana - Northern was 12-4 and Augie 11-5 going into this one but it was Cartwright's first game "back" since his first dance with knee trouble. A wicked snow storm sapped the Pentagon of a rollicking crowd and Northern won 82-77 despite Riemersma hanging 29 on Fox.

Duluth coming of their first official loss of the season on Saturday while Augie has spent January playing part time and suffocating mostly unqualified teams defensively. If they hold their own in this game offensively I might have enough material data to stop doubting Augie on that end of the floor.

Comment

• Just remember Mister, you have 2 games this weekend. Don't be overlooking your Saturday night tilt. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            I was scrolling through past schedules to determine the last time Augie played a home regular season game with stakes comparable to the date with the Dogs on Friday night at the Pentagon. I came up with three possible contenders:

- January 10, 2015 #16 Mankato at #12 Augustana - Schilling and Jansen spent two years banging their head into the Monaghan/Marei wall before they finally corralled the Maviercks 98-89 in OT. I remember this one vividly and it served as springboard to the success that was to come the next two seasons.
                            - February 7, 2015 #6 Moorhead at #4 Augustana - the first in a set of four insanely consequential tussles (all Augie wins) over two years, Moorhead brought a ton of fans and even had an entire "suite" of fans right above the Augie bench in the Arena
                            - January 17, 2020 Northern at Augustana - Northern was 12-4 and Augie 11-5 going into this one but it was Cartwright's first game "back" since his first dance with knee trouble. A wicked snow storm sapped the Pentagon of a rollicking crowd and Northern won 82-77 despite Riemersma hanging 29 on Fox.

Duluth coming of their first official loss of the season on Saturday while Augie has spent January playing part time and suffocating mostly unqualified teams defensively. If they hold their own in this game offensively I might have enough material data to stop doubting Augie on that end of the floor.
                            If augie can guard andrews in post without having to double then Augie has real good shot. Also, the refs will have big impact. UMD wants every call and loves to flop incessantly to try and get whistles. Should be real good game.

Comment

• The margin is narrow and playing at Bemidji/Crookston this weekend won't help the SOS but for now Augie is in phenomenal shape for the postseason.

https://twitter.com/InkblotSports/st...bVgmKxM3w&s=19

Comment

• Tyler riemersma earns a well deserved POY for the 3rd time this season.

Riemersma Earns Third NSIC Weekly Honor of 2021-22 - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X