Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

After blowing a 9pt second half lead the Vikings are headed into OT with region reknown cupcake Peru State. Holy tornado what am I watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      After blowing a 9pt second half lead the Vikings are headed into OT with region reknown cupcake Peru State. Holy tornado what am I watching.
      I saw you guys had beat them the precious three times by basically an average of around 30ish points, I'm assuming they are very much improved?? Also, while I don't like that I was giving the Augie webpage clicks, those game tidbits were pretty good. I was quite surprised to see Augie is now only 16 games under .500 in program history after tonight...would have never guessed this, but I'm not all that old I guess.

Looking more they were preseason #11 out of 14 in the Heart of America conferece. Stuff happens but I wish I would have been able to watch this one, I am baffled.

Comment

Augustana escapes 97-94 behind a couple timely OT threes by John Warren. They also got 25-12 from Dykman and 21-10 from Spencer.

With the only plausible excuse being rust after nearly 10 days off there are two main takeaways from this game:

1.) The atrocious defensive effort by Augustana that allowed numerous layups and open 3s for Peru State. This sort of malfeasance will be destroyed versus real competition

2.) John Warren spends entirely too much time standing in the corner offensively. Yes he's a capable spot up shooter but he could throw a defense off balance if he was put into motion as a secondary ball handler with greater frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          I saw you guys had beat them the precious three times by basically an average of around 30ish points, I'm assuming they are very much improved?? Also, while I don't like that I was giving the Augie webpage clicks, those game tidbits were pretty good. I was quite surprised to see Augie is now only 16 games under .500 in program history after tonight...would have never guessed this, but I'm not all that old I guess.

Looking more they were preseason #11 out of 14 in the Heart of America conferece. Stuff happens but I wish I would have been able to watch this one, I am baffled.
          It's probably ok you weren't able to.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Do you think NSU would have a winning record playing in the NCC for 70 some years?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Do you think NSU would have a winning record playing in the NCC for 70 some years?
              Id have to do some digging...

Comment

Looks like an extra helping of Votava in Wayne, America tonight

Comment

10-3 Wayne at the under 15 as Augie looks absolutely atrocious

Comment

20-11 Wayne at the under 10. Wildcats pinging the ball around nicely and bogging down an already sluggish Vikings O.

Comment

And weve got a tech on Jeff Kaminsky, now it's a party.

Comment

29-23 Wayne at the under 5 TO, Dykman had a vicious put back dunk on a missed layup

Comment

Hoopidea: BAN ALL FREE THROWS AFTER MEDIA TIMEOUTS

Comment

This has been a bit of a frustrating half.

Comment

Wayne up 36-29 at the half. Augie is pairing a mediocre defense with the Jordan Spencer dribbling exhibition offensively and it has produced predictibly ugly results.

This is my first time seeing Kaminsky coach and he is on a theatrical level with Billeter, Margs, and the late Mike Leaf. The league can always use more characters plus Wayne is tough as nails on both ends so it's a win-win-win.

Comment

Every time the Vikes cut the lead down to 2 or 4, they let the Wildcats go on a run. Down 8 now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X