• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by John View Post
    Augie is about to know exactly what its like to be a small fish in a big pond.

I was happy when the four NCC teams joined the NSIC.

I don't think its laughable that Augie used the NSIC, I think its simply fact. Augie definitely got more of the benefits from that arrangement. The NSIC was a stepping stone.

I'm well aware that there were votes on these things. My criticism is with how they voted. Winona State voted for them too. I do not speak for Winona State.

I liked it when the conference tournament did not go to the highest bidder like a cheap whore. The conference tournament in Sioux Falls and the western expansion of the NSIC makes even less sense without Augustana than it did a decade ago. Period.
    Change is hard for some people, we get it.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Again, there is nothing wrong with Augie wanting more. I don't blame them for moving up. My issue is with direction the NSIC decided to take. Exposure is great. Corporate sponsorship is great. Games on T.V. is great. The sacrifices made in order to get those things were too much, in my opinion. I think D-II could be about more than mimicking division I.

For all the talk of bitterness, you sure love to make things personal. You don't know me bud, and I don't know you. I like rivalries. I like fighting for the right to host a conference tournament. I liked having a conference where a majority of the games were within driving distance for a die-hard fan. That has nothing to do with being small-minded. Its just a different opinion.
    Not personal at all. Just trying to phrase things in a way that you may understand. My comment of 'the rest of the fans' doesn't mean I literally speak for them. Everyone is allowed to disagree with that, just from my experience in talking to other fans and reading their posts, it's clear most don't have the same hatred for the NSIC as you. Your posts have always come across as self serving, I'm trying to say it's about more than you.

No obsession with you, although not surprised you'd make it about you. Just a severe hatred for stupidity and selfishness. When I see that, I can't keep my mouth shut. Personal flaw I suppose.

It's ok that you want a 1960s conference. The reality is that isn't the case in D2 anymore. Winona is free to drop to D3 and play with all Minnesota schools. The conference would miss them much less than they'll miss Augustana.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    There once was a time when Winona ruled the NSIC, then in 2008 4 former NCC schools entered the conference and dethroned WSU, making some fans bitter. How dare SF for bidding on conference tourneys How dare the NSIC VOTES Minot State in. Also you seem to forget there is another University in SF. The conference does not revolve around Winona. As for AU using NSIC, now that's downright laughable.
    Augie is about to know exactly what its like to be a small fish in a big pond.

I was happy when the four NCC teams joined the NSIC.

I don't think its laughable that Augie used the NSIC, I think its simply fact. Augie definitely got more of the benefits from that arrangement. The NSIC was a stepping stone.

I'm well aware that there were votes on these things. My criticism is with how they voted. Winona State voted for them too. I do not speak for Winona State.

I liked it when the conference tournament did not go to the highest bidder like a cheap whore. The conference tournament in Sioux Falls and the western expansion of the NSIC makes even less sense without Augustana than it did a decade ago. Period.
    Last edited by John; 12-16-2018, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Even if that were true, Augie leaving is a huge roadblock for that strategy.
    There once was a time when Winona ruled the NSIC, then in 2008 4 former NCC schools entered the conference and dethroned WSU, making some fans bitter. How dare SF for bidding on conference tourneys How dare the NSIC VOTES Minot State in. Also you seem to forget there is another University in SF. The conference does not revolve around Winona. As for AU using NSIC, now that's downright laughable.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Yes I do.
    Even if that were true, Augie leaving is a huge roadblock for that strategy.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    This is always my favorite comeback from you since you seem to think you do.
    I don't think I speak for everyone, but you literally said that you do.

I think you have an unhealthy obsession with the person who you think I am.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Do you honestly think the NSIC would have made those decisions absent Augustana?
    Yes I do.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

And if your assessment is correct, Augie thinking it's too small, what's wrong with wanting more? I'd assume you still work the same job and role you had when you were 15 then. How dare you'd more for yourself.
    Again, there is nothing wrong with Augie wanting more. I don't blame them for moving up. My issue is with direction the NSIC decided to take. Exposure is great. Corporate sponsorship is great. Games on T.V. is great. The sacrifices made in order to get those things were too much, in my opinion. I think D-II could be about more than mimicking division I.

For all the talk of bitterness, you sure love to make things personal. You don't know me bud, and I don't know you. I like rivalries. I like fighting for the right to host a conference tournament. I liked having a conference where a majority of the games were within driving distance for a die-hard fan. That has nothing to do with being small-minded. Its just a different opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

And Augie thinks its too small despite the NSIC's attempts to mimic a poor man's D-I conference. So much for that.

And you don't speak for everyone.
    And if your assessment is correct, Augie thinking it's too small, what's wrong with wanting more? I'd assume you still work the same job and role you had when you were 15 then. How dare you'd more for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

And Augie thinks its too small despite the NSIC's attempts to mimic a poor man's D-I conference. So much for that.

This is always my favorite comeback from you since you seem to think you do.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Driving to Mankato yesterday on my way to the basketball games there was a very interesting discussion about Augie going D1 on WCCO with Steve Thomsen. They expanded it to talk about UMD, MSU & SCSU. And yes, they even mentioned Winona. I don't see the money at any of those four.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

It's only a huge problem for bitter Winona fans like you. The rest of the fans in the conference understand what having a college sports hungry city like Sioux Falls meant to the NSIC. And still does. You've always wanted a 50 mile radius high school type conference. Small exposure for small minded thinkers.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

You know there's still a NSIC school in the city of Sioux Falls, right?
    Do you honestly think the NSIC would have made those decisions absent Augustana?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

There are no schools outside of Winona. You know that :)

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Not bitter about Augie leaving. This development backs up a lot of things I have been writing over the years. If anything, I'm happy to see them go.

Its a huge problem for the NSIC that they thought Sioux Falls could be the core of this conference and then this happens. Bring in all of these Dakota schools, move the conference tournament to Sioux Falls, bend over for the corporate sponsors, etc. The NSIC and some of its members need a serious re-think about what the conference should be all about.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X