Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

This will be a nice little rest for the Cats and a 3 game homestand. 4 games in a week due to weather including west "coast" swing made for kind of a brutal week. No worries from me. NW should take care of business setting up a BIG game in Topeka 2/10.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
      Pitt State upsets Washburn 76-74. First MIAA loss of the year for the Ichabods.
      That increases the pucker factor a little over next 3 weeks leading up to NW visit to Washburn. Our schedule is favorable going into that game. Washburn's schedule is considerably tougher with UCM at home and road swing through Kearney and Hays.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Absolutely.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Northwest forward Brett Dougherty only had 13 minutes vs MW. Reason?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                Northwest forward Brett Dougherty only had 13 minutes vs MW. Reason?
                Got called for 3rd foul in the first half, then picked up 4th early in 2nd half. Really didn't need him from that point on as NW was rolling.

Comment

I don't think that is exclusive to Northwest. I see that happen at all levels, when the seldom used walk on or end of bench player hits a bucket at the end of a blowout win, the crowd and the bench go nuts for that guy. Nonetheless, I think it's pretty cool when it happens and it has to be pretty special for that player to receive that kind of reaction. I don't know if Laing has a future that will bring him more playing time, but a lot of times at the D1 level, those guys know they're never really going to see the floor... Those rare moments probably help make the time they put in worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                    I don't think that is exclusive to Northwest. I see that happen at all levels, when the seldom used walk on or end of bench player hits a bucket at the end of a blowout win, the crowd and the bench go nuts for that guy. Nonetheless, I think it's pretty cool when it happens and it has to be pretty special for that player to receive that kind of reaction. I don't know if Laing has a future that will bring him more playing time, but a lot of times at the D1 level, those guys know they're never really going to see the floor... Those rare moments probably help make the time they put in worth it.

Comment

He's a special kid in both talent and character... we got lucky with him for sure.

Comment

NW men roll Lincoln 76-43.
                        Pitts 20 points and 8 assists
                        Ndow 18 points and 8 rebounds
                        Hawkins 13 points and 8 rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
                          NW men roll Lincoln 76-43.
                          Pitts 20 points and 8 assists
                          Ndow 18 points and 8 rebounds
                          Hawkins 13 points and 8 rebounds
                          Was watching live stats at the beginning when it was something like 33-25 and thought, wow, can it be this close? Checked back to see the final, ha. Escalated quick.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Was watching live stats at the beginning when it was something like 33-25 and thought, wow, can it be this close? Checked back to see the final, ha. Escalated quick.
                            Yeah, NW does that to average teams in Bearcat Arena. That "run" is a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              It was 45 - 27 at the half!

Comment

What's going on with the Emporia women? They have lost 3 of the last 4 (anyone remember the last time that happened?) including losing by 17 at home to the Jennies and blowing a 15 point lead while losing by 27 at Hays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X