• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

NW 70 UCM 61....Pitts had a quiet 30 pts. NW also blew out SBU on Sat

Comment

• Comment

Another road loss for Northwest. UNK takes them down 66-59. Pitts was held to 14 points on 4/16 shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
          Another road loss for Northwest. UNK takes them down 66-59. Pitts was held to 14 points on 4/16 shooting.
          NSU4LIFE just passed out

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              NSU4LIFE just passed out
              Too many games left to play. If we win the next 20 games, then I will celebrate.
              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 01-18-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Too many games left to play. If we win the next 20 games, then I will celebrate.
                Thanks giving the lamest answer possible Belichick.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Thanks giving the lamest answer possible Belichick.
                  He doesn't celebrate, if we achieve that, I will, I promise.

Comment

That was quite possibly the worst game I've seen from Pitts in his career. I can't even count how many point blank shots NW missed. As was mentioned above, no energy and completely flat. Offense was stagnant. Throw it in to post and everybody watch. Not a good showing at all.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                        That was quite possibly the worst game I've seen from Pitts in his career. I can't even count how many point blank shots NW missed. As was mentioned above, no energy and completely flat. Offense was stagnant. Throw it in to post and everybody watch. Not a good showing at all.
                        Any ideas on the reasons for those issues? Guys sick at all? Did young Mr. Witthus bring to Maryville the same culture he reportedly was trying to flee in Mankato? (Sorry Mav fans, couldn't resist.)

Seriously though, I still think you guys are the best team. During our run two years ago, we lost to a Washburn team that finished upper middle of the MIAA (if that) and a Northern State team that was competitive but I'm pretty sure wasn't even a regional contender. Having seen the Wolves play against Augie this year, I think the Wolves are more beatable than the Bearcats, but maybe Augieholic and others who are smarter than me--basically anyone not named simple as a $3 bill--would disagree. Also doesn't help NSU that Paterka is out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          Seriously though, I still think you guys are the best team. During our run two years ago, we lost to a Washburn team that finished upper middle of the MIAA (if that) and a Northern State team that was competitive but I'm pretty sure wasn't even a regional contender. Having seen the Wolves play against Augie this year, I think the Wolves are more beatable than the Bearcats, but maybe Augieholic and others who are smarter than me--basically anyone not named simple as a $3 bill--would disagree. Also doesn't help NSU that Paterka is out.
                          Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          NSUguy with the best score of the week with 12 correct. Lots of 10s/11s.

1- Augie Skyhook 66
                          1- PurpleMavMan 66
                          1- wsuguy87 66
                          4- ddwitte 65
                          4- Stanger86 65
                          6- CoachSalscheider 64
                          6- DapperDan 64
                          6- WSCSuperfan 64
                          9- MrMustang 63
                          9- NSUguy 63
                          9- NSU4LIFE 63
                          12- Augieholic 60
                          13- Laker 58
                          13- simple as a $3 bill 58
                          15- MrAugustana 57

16- Guest69 52
                          17- vikingfaithful 40
                          18- Warrior4life78 13
                          19- Basketball Observer 9
                          20- WSUbum 8
                          Who's smarter than who wiseguy? :)

Comment

Any ideas on the reasons for those issues? Guys sick at all? Did young Mr. Witthus bring to Maryville the same culture he reportedly was trying to flee in Mankato? (Sorry Mav fans, couldn't resist.)

It is my understanding that Paterka will be back by conference tourney at the latest. We were able to survive a middle of the pack team last Saturday without him. So, we should be OK, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              It is my understanding that Paterka will be back by conference tourney at the latest. We were able to survive a middle of the pack team last Saturday without him. So, we should be OK, but time will tell.
                              Possibly. It's one thing for guys to step up for a night (like Zach Huisken did in the Elite Eight against Tarleton State after Jansen broke his foot). It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain that level of play after the dust has settled a bit more and the reality of Paterka's absence sets in after a couple more games. Maybe they'll be just fine. I know they looked fine against Presentation, but I'm curious to see how it goes against a few more NSIC teams.

Also, did it give you a little shot of joy to be able to describe Augie as a "middle of the pack" team? It was a bit painful to read, as it has been a few years since that was the case.

Comment

Possibly. It's one thing for guys to step up for a night (like Zach Huisken did in the Elite Eight against Tarleton State after Jansen broke his foot). It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain that level of play after the dust has settled a bit more and the reality of Paterka's absence sets in after a couple more games. Maybe they'll be just fine. I know they looked fine against Presentation, but I'm curious to see how it goes against a few more NSIC teams.

Also, did it give you a little shot of joy to be able to describe Augie as a "middle of the pack" team? It was a bit painful to read, as it has been a few years since that was the case.
                                Just another win on the season is all, no different than a win over Wayne or Crookston or Jamestown, who gave us a bit of a battle early on in the season. The key is to keep that edge, I don't feel that good about tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X