Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 MIAA Thread

Its a great game, it's the Owensboro part I don't understand. Seems like there will be about 100 people there, as oppossed to a sold out arena at NWMSt.

Comment

Good week for MOSO. DH sweeps of both Lincoln and Lindenwood. 2 of the most exciting women's games you'll see. The Lincoln game went to 2 It's, and the win today vs Lindenwood came on a 3 pointer with 3.6 seconds left. The men played their best game of the year so far today in a 26 point win over Lindenwood.

Comment

MIAA is odd...tomorrow with me NWMSU's 5th conference game and UCM's first? Or are the standings now correct online?

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          MIAA is odd...tomorrow with me NWMSU's 5th conference game and UCM's first? Or are the standings now correct online?
          Mules and Jennies first conference games of the year tomorrow. If my memory is correct, each team has a weekend off and it just so happened to be UCMs the first weekend add in that it was finals this past week and low and behold, a crazy messed up conference schedule. A really crappy way to start for UCM. Add to it we have to open with NW and NONE of the students are around....wonder who our AD pissed off in the league office.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Culture wins despite losing.
            Only one with severe jealousy and resentment issues would try to spin negatively what NW's basketball and football programs have accomplished in recent years. And continue to accomplish. The infatuation by AU fan is not healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
              Only one with severe jealousy and resentment issues would try to spin negatively what NW's basketball and football programs have accomplished in recent years. And continue to accomplish. The infatuation by AU fan is not healthy.
              I'm not really in on this "culture wins" joke my Augie compatriots have been running with (haven't made any jokes about it, haven't made any comments about it, etc.), but, for the record, there is a pretty substantial gap between "poking fun at an athletic department's marketing phrase" and "severe jealousy and resentment issues" / "infatuation."

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                So you get the joke.

Comment

NW handed UCM their 2nd loss of the season 79-55 in Warrensburg. Pitts had a quiet 30 pts.
                  Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-10-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    NW handed UCM their 2nd loss of the 79-55 in Warrensburg. Pitts had a quiet 30 pts.
                    It's really hard not to appreciate how good the Bearcats are. Up by 20 late in the game and diving for the 50/50 ball. Pitts is like the energizer bunny, I question if he ever even raised his heart rate, yet he was always the first up the floor. Then you have the other Bearcats that on any other team would be the best player on the team. They are all good. NDow plays every possession like it's his last. They definitely deserve their ranking.

Comment

Pitts was masterful again today. Missed one three in the first half and a three and a free throw in the second. Game was over in the first half as UCM was 6-24 from the field (0-9 in 3 pt attempts) and NW was 15-24 (9-16 from 3). The league is not going to miss Pitts with the exception of NW.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-11-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

Crazy stat that former Bearcat Scott Fleming tweeted out yesterday: NW is 62-2 since January 12th of 2016. One loss to Augie in the last five seconds of the de facto National Title game to end 2016 and one off day in Joplin. The brand of basketball over the past five years has been absurdly good. Just wish more people could see it but thats what you get at our level. Its been a joy to watch and I am not taking one game for granted because you never know how long it will last.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopster View Post
                                Its been a joy to watch and I am not taking one game for granted because you never know how long it will last.
                                I can answer that question for you. On the day Justin Pitts' eligibility ends.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X